Who have you dined with that looks like or is a celebrity???

Embrace

Ok, this has nothing to do with dining or cruises, but it is cool. We were in Cozumel a number of years ago and we went a large park. We had been snorkeling, I was wearing my husbands shirt because I had a sunburn and my hair looks like it always does after swimming in salt water. We're just sitting there eating the best tacos, when we see a stream of people heading towards us. We see security, camera people and lot of women in bathing suits. Beautiful women! It turns out they are filming the Miss Universe Pagent in Cozumel and were filming at the beach. Very nice people, very cool experience. Miss Germany event took a picture with my husband

DCFC0084-1.jpg.eab719f35fb92b9ec134faca43f0d515.jpg

My husband's brother often gets told he looks like Bill Clinton - he and his wife were on the Millie with us to Alaska and one of the waiters asked him if he was...

We met a gentleman at lunch on the Century a couple of years ago. We were talking about having just seen "Titanic" before the cruise. He asked if we knew what the worst ship disaster in history was (not the Titanic). He introduced himself, Horst Woit, and told us about his being a passenger as a boy on the Wilhelm Gustaff during WWII. He has been on the History Channel, et al, and told us his story. Very interesting reading on Google.

Years ago we were in Annapolis and someone thought my brother-in-law was Frank Gifford. I joked "jeez you are going to get Frank in trouble being here with a sexy young blond (my sister)." Next, thing you know Frank was in the tabloids for cheating on Kathie Lee with a young blond. Sometimes life is strange.

We once had fixed dining with the sister of Catherine Coulter, the author. I had never heard of her, but after seeing many passengers reading her books, I started reading and enjoying them too. Our tablemate was on her first cruise with her new husband - a wedding present from her sister.

Several years ago when we were on an RCI ship Michael J Fox was there along with his wife and children when they were very young. We saw them all just after the kids got out of the pool and all were heading back to their room with their floaties and towels.

I have been asked several times if I was Dorothy Hamill. Of course my hair was shorter then and I was a few pounds lighter too...just a few! Also, the ship didn't have an ice rink.

I really want to see, from the poster above, Julia Roberts and George Clooney's look a likes!

Edited by Lastdance

Hi everyone, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts and I (along with others - I am sure) have had many chuckles over your experiences. And, whether dining or airport related or other - it's all relevant to the topic.

What I find most surprising is the unexpected. And that's where I think celebrities surprise us (or go undetected). They are just the same as us enjoying life indulgences. We are lucky to be able to experience such indulgences by cruising :)

:)

........ A related question with perhaps more response would be "who have you met while travelling who has an unusual job/hobby/....

We dined one night with a wonderful lady who was in charge of all the nurses in the US Army. We've also dined with a gentleman who did deep diving on oil rigs. It's one of the advantages of choosing select dining...you meet some fascinating people.

Hi ghstudio,

I absolutely agree with you about the advantages of Select Dining :).

I searched your posts to see if you started such a new thread but didn't see anything ..... Maybe you should think about it??? I'd be a follower - sounds really interesting :)

Edited by Embrace

Albeit aboard Emerald Princess, my bride and I met and had the pleasure of dining several times with Marion Ross of Happy Days fame.

I will not soon forget watching her react to the stark realities as we toured Omaha Beach. At the American Cemetery, an elderly World War 2 Veteran who was on the vessel with us fell out of his wheelchair. Marion was the first one to rush to his side and comfort him before the medics arrived. That told me all I needed to know about her.

Marion gave us some insight into acting and I reciprocated with a peek into the oft-bizarre world of Professional Wrestling.

Marion is a "regular" person and a classy lady in every respect.

I don't often meet celebrities on cruises, but, when I do, they ask for my autograph and photobomb my pics.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608027757143197749&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

I would think the world's most interesting man would have his own Yacht!

I believe on every cruise [ 14 ] a cruise employee tells my husband he looks like James Bond -- Sean Connery-- . I don't see it but it must be the combination of the beard & stern look that does it!

Fun, does he dress like James Bond? My DH love high style ... including a white dinner jacket... and he looks great dressing with such style. I found it amusing, on a Cunard ship, some one commented they would never wear a white dinner jacket, because then you are dressing like the "hired" help. Did not bother my DH... considering today's styles... I love the James Bond look.

Many years ago we did a Caribbean cruise on the Norway which just happened to be their NBA cruise (we are not basketball fans). There were more then a dozen NBA players (and their wives) on the ship, but the big celebrity was Jim Valvano who was hosting shows (on the ship) that were to be later broadcast on the Bob Costas Coast to Coast Show. Jim Valvano was traveling with his lovely wife and young daughter who happened to be the same age as our DD. The girls became fast friends, and through them we became friends with the Valvano's...spending several hours a day with the couple. Unfortunately, Jim contracted a fatal disease (about 2 years after the cruise) and died too young.

Hank

You are lucky you just had the Danny DeVito look alike. Met the real one many years ago. He was filming a movie down the street from where I used to work. We used to go down there at lunch and watch them film. Rude nasty little runt. On the other hand Gregory Peck who was also in the film was the nicest man you could meet , very gracious to the people

Babyher-

I lived in that same town when that film was being made and heard similar stories. A few of my friends were extras in the factory scenes.....

Many years ago we did a Caribbean cruise on the Norway which just happened to be their NBA cruise (we are not basketball fans). There were more then a dozen NBA players (and their wives) on the ship, but the big celebrity was Jim Valvano who was hosting shows (on the ship) that were to be later broadcast on the Bob Costas Coast to Coast Show. Jim Valvano was traveling with his lovely wife and young daughter who happened to be the same age as our DD. The girls became fast friends, and through them we became friends with the Valvano's...spending several hours a day with the couple. Unfortunately, Jim contracted a fatal disease (about 2 years after the cruise) and died too young.

Hank

Your story reminds me of a cruise we were on. We were seated at a table with a three star General who was close to Patton and told many interesting stories and George Nock, who played with Washington Redskins. As it turned out his HS coach was a friend of mine and we had lots to discuss. Best table ever. Valvano and his courage have become an inspiration to many.