Made a rookie mistake upgrading my cabins...

2 weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my 2 cabins on Oasis from Inside to Ocean view balconies (D2).... At 1200$, total for both. I have checked every day since to make sure It was still a good deal.... Checked the site today and.... D2 would have cost me a bit more than 300$ for both :(:(:(

Nooooooooo!!! All that money I could have used to try all these different drinks like the key lime pie martini I'm reading about.

I should have made more research and educate myself on the best time to upgrade my cabins. I was so excited at the possibility to have a D2 that I just bought it. Lesson learned! :rolleyes:

Ok, I have to stop watching the price fluctuations now or I will drive myself CRAZY :eek:

I don't think there really is a "best time" to upgrade your cabin.

I guess but I'm kind of disappointed... :(

Love your location!!! (Solarium Bar) Can't wait to find myself there as well! :D

Another thought, I don't know your date for your sailing but what is the price difference now between the D2 and junior suite? Can you upgrade to those at the upgrade price you paid?

Edited by mrlddst

Happens a lot. I booked in June for an August cruise, had been watching prices, needed connecting rooms. Figured the price was right. Fast forward to early July, sailing goes on Tuesday sale, price for my cabin drops $250/pp, and there are higher category rooms, connecting, for only a few dollars more than that. So I overpaid for me and my kids by almost $750.

Ended up upgrading to connecting JS for only $100/pp and that price has held so I'm happy that my cabin is actually worth what I paid.

I told my mother never again. I knew they'd drop, she was worried about cabin placement. I will hold out until the sailing goes on the Tuesday sale to buy.

Another thought, I don't know your date for your sailing but what is the price difference now between the D2 and junior suite? Can you upgrade to those at the upgrade price you paid?

Only one left (according to RCCL site) and the cabin next door is not available...

I'll keep the ones I have. They are on deck 10 and connecting, close to elevator. Shouldn't be complaining but thinking aboit what to pack instead!

Only one left (according to RCCL site) and the cabin next door is not available...

I'll keep the ones I have. They are on deck 10 and connecting, close to elevator. Shouldn't be complaining but thinking aboit what to pack instead!

It will be fine - and as they say, once the ring is on your finger - QUIT LOOKING!

That wasn't a rookie mistake; it is something we all do. We decide to act at what appears to be the right time and circumstances, and sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. I keep telling myself to wait until the last minute to pick up good deals, but I can't seem to keep myself from booking early. Meanwhile, you are so lucky to be sailing on the Divina and the Oasis, one right after the other. My two absolute favorite ships - I can't decide which one I prefer. You will love both of them, probably for different reasons, as I do. We sailed on the Divina in May as a couple and will be going again in October with family. And we will try to exercise some self-discipline and wait until a couple of weeks before to book the Oasis or Allure in January-February. Maybe then I can decide on a favorite :D

Will they give OBC if your cabin price goes down and you are past final payment or just an upgrade to a different cabin plus cost?

No OBC...but if a higher category is available for the same or slightly higher cost you can upgrade by paying the difference...

Will they give OBC if your cabin price goes down and you are past final payment or just an upgrade to a different cabin plus cost?

No OBC or credit of any kind after final payment date. Upgrade is possible.

I found out recently you can NOT get any sort of OBC after the final payment has been made... I called RCCL after noticing the price drop and that was exactly what I was informed; however, I did pay very little to get an upgrade from inside to oceanview. :) It doesn't hurt to ask! It is very, very frustrating when you see the same type of room dropping in price over and over again...Guess that's how the cruise lines make money...They know when to increase or decrease price!!

That wasn't a rookie mistake; it is something we all do. We decide to act at what appears to be the right time and circumstances, and sometimes we win, sometimes we don't. I keep telling myself to wait until the last minute to pick up good deals, but I can't seem to keep myself from booking early. Meanwhile, you are so lucky to be sailing on the Divina and the Oasis, one right after the other. My two absolute favorite ships - I can't decide which one I prefer. You will love both of them, probably for different reasons, as I do. We sailed on the Divina in May as a couple and will be going again in October with family. And we will try to exercise some self-discipline and wait until a couple of weeks before to book the Oasis or Allure in January-February. Maybe then I can decide on a favorite :D

Thanks ZoeyVictoria for your comment. I am a bit concerned about the Divina after reading all the reviews but I'm reassured with your feedback. You are right in saying that it is possible to love both, for different reasons! I just can't wait!! I see that you too are getting ready for your cruise :) Hope you have a nice time!

I always book Ocean View Balcony's. We love them.

Will be our first!! :D

Enjoy your Divina/Oasis B2B! Write a review of both when you get back.!

Will do! ;)

Thanks everybody! I appreciate all your inputs! :)

At least you will have a balcony. I know I never switch or upgrade I pick one and stick wiht it.. I am debeating on my next Adventure cruise to upgrade from a D3 to a D1 . But i know i wont be in my room enough to make it worth it.

Edited by trev71

I told my mother never again. I knew they'd drop, she was worried about cabin placement. I will hold out until the sailing goes on the Tuesday sale to buy.

Two questions how did you know they would drop? How do you know it will go on the GGG sale?

Edited by FLACRUISER99