Favorite Dessert or Main entree

gigi65

Okay, not to be Debbie Downer, but I reallllly didn't like the BBB creme brulee on the every night dessert menu. I am a big fan normally but the sugared top wasn't hard at all, and the custard was liquid-y and didn't seem to be fully set. It was almost like a flan. Not my favorite :( Maybe just a bad night/batch?

BUT I absolutely loved the filet of beef on formal night #1 and the braised beef duo later in the week! (Can you tell I love beef?) The lamb was also really good and came out nice and medium rare (as I ordered) :) I also love the souffles and the bread and butter pudding!

I agree with you. I have had the BBB crème brulee twice on the FOS, both times it was on the first night of the cruise and it was horrible. it did not setup correctly. But when I had it in Chops Grille it was outstanding.

The Red Velvet Cake in Chops was out of this world.

Dessert-Grand Marnier Souffle and I like the creme brulee. I've had many different types and the person who said it was like flan must have never had real flan. Flan is very similar to creme brulee. The only thing runny should be the melted sugar.

As for entree-none really stand out for me. They're mostly all okay (the ones I've had anyway) I can't eat seafood as I'm allergic to shrimp so I avoid it all and I don't like duck or lamb. We don't go expecting gourmet with so many people being fed at one time.

Edited by BND

I second the scallop risotto, and have successfully ordered it as an entree rather than an appetizer.

What??? Really?!? I'm all over that one. I think every single cruise I've said I wish they served it as an entree. Thank you, I'll give it a shot... else I'll be ordering 10 appies! :eek::p

What ever happened to the oh so rich and decadent flourless chocolate cake? The best desert in MDR ever imo.

I find the food to be generally good. That may be because the food we get in the MDR is very different from what we eat on a daily basis in Singapore.

My boy loves all the beef dishes.

I've put up many pictures of our MDR dinners. (Scroll to bottom, Dining & Food)

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/p/adventure-of-seas-iceland-norway-cruise.html

I always ask for a curry and have never been denied. It's not on the menu anymore and probably for the crew, but every single one I've gotten has had tons of flavor.

I also like(d) the peach and blueberry crumble, but the last sailing it was more crumble than fruit. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

Entree: Cheese Tortelloni - Delicate cheese-filled pasta nestled in a light sauce of bleu cheese and bits of rich-tasting sun-dried tomatoes

IMG_1396.JPG

Wish they would bring this back, had it on the 2012 Indy Transatlantic but the Grandeur only had three cheese tortellini, still good, but not the same.

Dessert: Frozen Strawberry Souffle - Refreshing frozen desserts with fresh strawberries

IMG_2349.JPG

Had this for the first time on Indy as well during lunch, so glad they added it to the new menus. Such a weird consistency but delicious.

Wow, lots of you like the lamb shank. I think that's the dish 3 out of 5 of us ordered a few years ago and we all sent it back and re-ordered something else. Maybe it was a bad night, but it tasted horrible and we are not fussy eaters. Unless there is another dish with the work "shank" in it, I think this was it. We felt "shanked" :) Or is there such a thing as "beef shank"? I wonder if I should give it another chance on Jewel next month if they have it.