HAL's new online booking system?

jaguarstyper

Come on now, don't blame the IT folks. No doubt they just coded what they were told to code with the business requirements provided by business analysts and UX designers, who were likely directed by some marketing executive. That's how this stuff works. We need to blame the marketing executive who signed off on this debacle. Unfortunately, when things fail, they (the executives) never seem to be the ones getting blamed or dismissed.

Yeah, that's the truth! Somewhere in business there is an invisible line I call the screw-up line. If you're above it, you can screw up almost anything and survive--even get promoted. If you're below it, somebody somewhere is going to blame you and YOUR head will roll.

To get back on topic, there has been some discussion of OS. I've had no trouble poking through the site to check prices and cabins. Granted, I'm doing the easy 2-person booking and no bothering to sign in for Mariner discounts. But I'm on Win 7. Is the system happier working with that OS?

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

...and here I thought it was just me!

I have tried from home and work computers. Tried even from a tablet. I can't get anything past the "I agree/disagree" page. Blank, nada, rein.

So I had to go to an on-line agency to get pricing this morning for a 2015 Canada/New England voyage.

I thought they want to force us to use PCCs or TAs and they are getting out of online information other than itineraries. That's what it looks like to me.

No wonder no one is willing to blog from the Grand Voyages anymore! I don't blame them a bit but hall had better get out their binoculars as they have lost sight of their service standard goals.

I emailed customer service with a link to this forum page telling them to take a look at the 11+ pages (Wow and now it's up to 19 pages) of complaints regarding their new booking system. They got back to me a few days later ...

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our new design for the booking system. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced. We have forwarded your email to our web design team. They collect and review all guest feedback to make improvements with the design.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us at 877-724-5425.

Kind regards,

Dana

Holland America Line

I also went on the Chat and made a complaint and will call as well ;)

Really hard when booking a family cruise for 14 people. We're going to have some rooms with 2 people, some with 4. I'd like to be able to price it out for everyone depending on the type of room, how many people they want to bunk with etc to give them the options before we book the whole thing.

Last time I booked our cruise with HAL in May of 2013 it was very easy to do all of this. That time I booked a cruise for 7 of us. This time with double the amount of people is going to take forever to price out if they don't get this updated soon :(

I wrote to them and received the same form letter back.

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We appreciate your comments and feedback regarding our new design for the booking system. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you have experienced. We have forwarded your email to our web design team. They collect and review all guest feedback to make improvements with the design.

If you require additional assistance, please contact us at 877-724-5425.

Kind regards,

Dana

Holland America Line

I have received that response on more than one occasion.:(:(

I have been away from this thread for a solid month, and return to find that nothing has changed! :eek:

At the very least, HAL should have reinstated the old programming while working on the new. Toss out the revision, and go back to the drawing board.

Not one word posted here to let me think there has been progress!

Guess this is not a good time to try to research more cruises. :rolleyes: How long does it take, anyway???

I myself just got back to this thread after a good while... you are right on the money .. HAL could care less.. just makes it a lot more difficult to do research on finding more HAL cruises.. :(

Been on Alaska cruise with HAL in 2012. All other cruises on Royal Caribbean. Thought I'd like to go back to HAL for a 2016 Panama Canal cruise. So... I went to HAL website and had a very hard time trying to find out the cost. I figured I must be really getting to old for this since the last time I booked with HAL it was so easy. Then I found this thread on CC. Guess I'm not the only one!!!

I was able to check pricing for all cabins in one category by selecting "Let us pick your stateroom (guarantee)". A whole list came up with each cabin type in that category with pricing.

So, by choosing verandah guarantee, a list came up with all of the verandahs, by letter, and the price. Helpful to see it like that if you want to keep track of price changes.

Not sure if this will work all the time, as it might depend on the cabin availability.

I was able to check pricing for all cabins in one category by selecting "Let us pick your stateroom (guarantee)". A whole list came up with each cabin type in that category with pricing.

So, by choosing verandah guarantee, a list came up with all of the verandahs, by letter, and the price. Helpful to see it like that if you want to keep track of price changes.

Not sure if this will work all the time, as it might depend on the cabin availability.

I have done the same thing for several cruises I have been pricing. So far it has worked perfectly. And I didn't have to give my info first.

Debbie

When I have time I will attempt your suggestion.

Which page do you see "Let us pick your stateroom"?

Is it the page with the coloured photos of the cabin category and starting price?

Below that is "Stateroom Options" then below that is

"know the stateroom you want?" with a space to enter the number.

The latest response is worded slightly differently, but the message is still the same - "too bad, so sad". And evidently they want us to call reservations instead of using the website.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The overall goal is to improve the user experience and we appreciate hearing how it is going for you and are sorry for your frustrations. We suggest you call into our reservations center at 1-877-932-4259 so they may assist to walk you through how to get the outcome you are looking for.

We have forwarded your input to the website team and to our Guest Relations team. Feel free to provide feedback on anything related to HAL to them at guestrelations@hollandamerica.com.

Thank you for choosing Holland America.

Which page do you see "Let us pick your stateroom"?

Is it the page with the coloured photos of the cabin category and starting price?

Below that is "Stateroom Options" then below that is

"know the stateroom you want?" with a space to enter the number.

When you are on the page with the coloured photos of each category, click on the one that you want. Then scroll lower on the page and click 'save and continue'.

If guarantees are available, they will be at the bottom of the list of decks. Just click on 'we select your stateroom location' and you should get pricing for each category to choose from.

If you want to price a different cabin type (inside vs verandah) you will have to use your 'back' button and start again.

Not the best, but at least you can get an idea of pricing for each category.

When you are on the page with the coloured photos of each category, click on the one that you want. Then scroll lower on the page and click 'save and continue'.

If guarantees are available, they will be at the bottom of the list of decks. Just click on 'we select your stateroom location' and you should get pricing for each category to choose from.

If you want to price a different cabin type (inside vs verandah) you will have to use your 'back' button and start again.

Not the best, but at least you can get an idea of pricing for each category.

Forced myself to return to the HAL website, followed your instructions, and yes can see pricing.:)

The old system was so much easier.

A huge Thank you.

One day soon, I will call into our Travel Agent and show them how to access prices.:D

I am happy to report that the website now gives me pricing in CDN and not British pounds - and I have the North American phone numbers back, for contacts. So someone obviously fixed something.:D

Now to apply OVgirl's method to finding categories and pricing!

I just wanted to share a conversation my dad had yesterday with a booking agent with HAL. He told her he hated the current inability to easily price cruises and she said they are also having issues in the reservations centre. She also told him they have been told they are planning to revert to an earlier web design which apparently will have the same info as previously was available as there have been too many issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just wanted to share a conversation my dad had yesterday with a booking agent with HAL. He told her he hated the current inability to easily price cruises and she said they are also having issues in the reservations centre. She also told him they have been told they are planning to revert to an earlier web design which apparently will have the same info as previously was available as there have been too many issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank goodness! I hope this happens before I book my May cruise to Alaska :)

She also told him they have been told they are planning to revert to an earlier web design which apparently will have the same info as previously was available as there have been too many issues.

Finally! Some good thinking. Can't happen soon enough.