Now I'm really confused

Johnkut

I just went to RCCL's website to book a cruise for October 12, and got a price for a category H room. I then noticed that I didn't sign in for C & A for the Diamond Discount, and the price came up the same. Is that because there is no discount for Diamond members on Ocena View rooms?

I just went to RCCL's website to book a cruise for October 12, and got a price for a category H room. I then noticed that I didn't sign in for C & A for the Diamond Discount, and the price came up the same. Is that because there is no discount for Diamond members on Ocena View rooms?

Correct, the stateroom has to have a balcony.

Not exactly true now:).

When you put in your C&A number during the booking process on the UK RCI website special pricing is shown with a blue star/asterisk against different cabin grades having special offers. If you don't put in your number the figures are higher.

I just booked last week a cruise with a big USA travel agent and was told by the agent that the price included a $65 C&A discount and this was for an inside cabin. I don't have any reason to doubt her and she said that they need your C&A numbers at the booking process to check for discounts.

When you put in your C&A number during the booking process on the UK RCI website special pricing is shown with a blue star/asterisk against different cabin grades having special offers. If you don't put in your number the figures are higher.

I just booked last week a cruise with a big USA travel agent and was told by the agent that the price included a $65 C&A discount and this was for an inside cabin. I don't have any reason to doubt her and she said that they need your C&A numbers at the booking process to check for discounts.

UK bookings have a different set of rules than those done in the US.

I believe the OP was asking about the discount that is applied to all cabins if you are a C&A member, it is just for balcony reservations. The C&A discount you are talking about is the program that replaced the savings certificates and they do not apply to every sailing.

Edited by dacsmom

What a useful feature! Wish the US website had a way to easily tell if there was a C&A discount as opposed to a Residency, BOGOHO, etc.

Are you sure ? I thought the asterisk just showed staterooms with an attaching offer. I can't find any sailings where putting in the C&A number changes the price, can you provide an example to see the value of the saving ?

Thanks

What a useful feature! Wish the US website had a way to easily tell if there was a C&A discount as opposed to a Residency, BOGOHO, etc.

I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago based on the Tuesday flyer. I don't remember if there was a C&A discount listed, but it showed up on the invoice... It wasn't much though $22pp for a Promenade cabin... The residency discount was $79pp!

Aloha,

John

I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago based on the Tuesday flyer. I don't remember if there was a C&A discount listed, but it showed up on the invoice... It wasn't much though $22pp for a Promenade cabin... The residency discount was $79pp!

Aloha,

John

I know that the invoices still show the names of the discounts, itemized, but this is after a cruise is booked. As far as I know, the website still does not show itemized discounts.

There is some odd discount that shows up when you click on breakdown

One thing you can do is observe the price logged out and logged in. If the discount goes away when logged out, then it's a C&A discount.

One thing you can do is observe the price logged out and logged in. If the discount goes away when logged out, then it's a C&A discount.

I really wish I had the patience to check all the price variations, but sadly I don't, just drives me nuts anyway. BTW, is there a way to tell what resident discounts apply? We can use both FL and GA right now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I really wish I had the patience to check all the price variations, but sadly I don't, just drives me nuts anyway. BTW, is there a way to tell what resident discounts apply? We can use both FL and GA right now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you have to do that annoying thing of logging in and logging out.

Or call a travel agent.

Those are the only two ways that I know about.

:)

Same manual process. Do 3 mock bookings with no residency selected, FL residency, and GA residency and compare the prices.

I must say the UK website just seems more intuitive....easier to see what's what. I think I would prefer the US/CAN site to be more like the UK site.

Perhaps because the UK site doesn't give state- or province-based discounts? ;)

Just last week we booked an OV for a 4 night cruise in November. There was a $15 C&A discount. New told the TA not to accept the discount as our stock benefit was higher.

Really? $15! What bother all the programming for a $15 D+ discount.

M.

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just last week we booked an OV for a 4 night cruise in November. There was a $15 C&A discount. New told the TA not to accept the discount as our stock benefit was higher.

Really? $15! What bother all the programming for a $15 D+ discount.

M.

It could be someone's ONLY discount????

I believe the OP was asking about the discount that is applied to all cabins if you are a C&A member, it is just for balcony reservations. The C&A discount you are talking about is the program that replaced the savings certificates and they do not apply to every sailing.

Well I never knew that! No wonder I couldn't find them:D. We never seemed to be able to use the savings certificates for one reason or another.

Are you sure ? I thought the asterisk just showed staterooms with an attaching offer. I can't find any sailings where putting in the C&A number changes the price, can you provide an example to see the value of the saving ?

Thanks

I looked at the Explorer 15th May for an example. It started out at £799 pp for N grade. After inputting C&A number dropped to £752 for same category though the current all inclusive promotion is not combinable with C&A discount, shame .

I checked one of our bookings for next year out of Tampa and it shows a C&A discount for an inside cabin .

Regardless that it is the new way of doing the savings certs. it does mean now that the discount is applied immediately unless there is a better offer:D

Edited by heatherb1958