El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Ovation OTS 9 nights Pacific $899 Balcony. 14th Nov 2018 Plus $100 OBC.

Not combinable with C&A balcony discount. Not a great itinerary with an Overnight in Noumea (wny?) but love the ship so I have booked.

Best balcony price I have seen for Ovation.

That is a great price, tendering at the islands would be tedious though.

Not combinable with C&A balcony discount. Not a great itinerary with an Overnight in Noumea (wny?) but love the ship so I have booked.

wish most itinaries to the sth pacific would give noumea a miss.

No still showing availability.

You have to go finder cruise sale to see the good deals��

Pity we will be just back from China and hubby needs to go to work.

I've searched just now and can't find the deal. Would love to go for this price. Do you still see it available?

wish most itinaries to the sth pacific would give noumea a miss.

I'm with you there. Probably why this cruise is so cheap. WHY would anyone do an overnight in Noumea.

Good thing is that the ship will be less crowded on those two days, the flowrider lines will be shorter and I might have a better shot at winning a key ring at trivia on those days.

This cruise is about the ship for us apart from a quick dip at Mystery Island.

I'm with you there. Probably why this cruise is so cheap. WHY would anyone do an overnight in Noumea.

Good thing is that the ship will be less crowded on those two days, the flowrider lines will be shorter and I might have a better shot at winning a key ring at trivia on those days.

This cruise is about the ship for us apart from a quick dip at Mystery Island.

I wouldn't count on an empty ovation in Noumea!

Cheers

I believe the ships fuel up in Noumea so that's why they stop there. I been there five times. Can't say I've really enjoyed it except for the free wifi.

Its also one of the few ports where they can dock , rather than tender.

Like that one.........

I believe the ships fuel up in Noumea so that's why they stop there. I been there five times. Can't say I've really enjoyed it except for the free wifi.
Only been there once, but Noumea is a dump IMO, cheap fuel for the cruise lines.:confused::(

I got this deal - in fact it went down to $349 pp for an inside twin. Very happy with that!

Cheap as chips $50 per diem cruising, but watch out for the Bogans, those prices attract them.:halo::rolleyes:

Dress standards apply..please !!! Tuxedo or Bag of fruit on formal nights and no shorts in MDR at all.

Cheap as chips $50 per diem cruising, but watch out for the Bogans, those prices attract them.:halo::rolleyes:

Dress standards apply..please !!! Tuxedo or Bag of fruit on formal nights and no shorts in MDR at all.

No formal nights apparently, only theme nights (back to school, White Night, Gatsby). :)

No formal nights on P&O as mentioned, just theme nights. A lot of fun and lots of dancing.:D

Thats great that you were able to take advantage of the good deal. True P & O isnt celebrity or RCCL but you can still have a jolly good time if you go with the right attitude. Don't expect 5 star on 2 star prices. I expect the ship would be quite nice as it has recently had a make over. Friends will be getting off when you get on so I am looking forward to hearing what they think of the ship.

Thats great that you were able to take advantage of the good deal. True P & O isnt celebrity or RCCL but you can still have a jolly good time if you go with the right attitude. Don't expect 5 star on 2 star prices. I expect the ship would be quite nice as it has recently had a make over. Friends will be getting off when you get on so I am looking forward to hearing what they think of the ship.

Any cruise is a good cruise (this will be my 35th and I can honestly say I've never had a bad one). We went on the Pacific Explorer last year and loved it so I'm really looking forward to it.