El Cheapo Cruises Thread

20 hours ago, plettza said:

Man, I am so tempted to jump on that deal, but we have a Hawaii to Sydney cruise onboard RCI during that time.

If you have VIFP you get it from $386 - who can resist that price even if it does have loads of sea days.

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

If you have VIFP you get it from $386 - who can resist that price even if it does have loads of sea days.

Back in 2007 we did the same trans pacific journey from LA to Sydney on ye olde Regal Princess. Many sea days, love the sea days.  These days there would be even more sea days due to several ports closed due to the lurgy.

Edited by NSWP

13 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

That's an amazing price but it's not coming up for me with my VIFP number.  In fact, when I looked last week to now, the price has shot up severely.

Are you Platinum or Diamond status on Carnival's VIFP program?  I'm only Gold so maybe I'm not getting the same deal.

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1

Is VIFP a cruise club or Carnival loyalty thingy? 

Just checked on Carnival site would be AU$5,050 for me  as a solo in balcony cabin.  Inside would be AU$3,400.

Still a reasonable per diem price for a solo.    $5050 for 35 days = $144 per diem.

OR $97 per diem for inside, cheap as chips.

Edited by NSWP

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Is VIFP a cruise club or Carnival loyalty thingy? 

Loyalty program.  Like Princess' Captain Circle and HAL's Mariner program.  I haven't investigated the other programs too much but with Carnival's, you get things like free laundry and expedited boarding after achieving Platinum (75 days I think).

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1

Just now, NSWP said:

Top of the loyalty tree gets the good low price.

I agree.  Although one of my prices I got for Carnival a few weeks ago was unbelievably cheap.  As mentioned, I'm only Gold (25 days+)

Carnival probably looked at my onboard spending and noticed that I spend more on wining and dining than the actual cruise fare!

5 minutes ago, plettza said:

I agree.  Although one of my prices I got for Carnival a few weeks ago was unbelievably cheap.  As mentioned, I'm only Gold (25 days+)

Carnival probably looked at my onboard spending and noticed that I spend more on wining and dining than the actual cruise fare!

Geez, good deal, I have 480 days with Princess and no discounts on fares.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Geez, good deal, I have 480 days with Princess and no discounts on fares.

So uncle Les, you coming on the Coral Princess' inaugural sailing out of Brisbane in June?  Being down Bateman's Bay way is a bit tricky, I realise.

1 hour ago, plettza said:

That's an amazing price but it's not coming up for me with my VIFP number.  In fact, when I looked last week to now, the price has shot up severely.

Are you Platinum or Diamond status on Carnival's VIFP program?  I'm only Gold so maybe I'm not getting the same deal.

no only red.  We booked this morning but from looking online to ringing up all the balconies had gone (looked like there were about 5 or so) we had to choose an o/v or inside.  Still at this bargain price we secured a o/v.  

29 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

no only red.  We booked this morning but from looking online to ringing up all the balconies had gone (looked like there were about 5 or so) we had to choose an o/v or inside.  Still at this bargain price we secured a o/v.  

Even ocean view is a massive bargain for that price.  Well done.  I wish we could give our Hawaii trip a raincheck and go on Splendor from Seattle.

2 hours ago, plettza said:

So uncle Les, you coming on the Coral Princess' inaugural sailing out of Brisbane in June?  Being down Bateman's Bay way is a bit tricky, I realise.

Not at this stage, not from Brisvegas. I like the look of the one from Steak and Kidney to the Conflict Islands and return, August.

The Carnival Splendour one from Seattle to Sydney sounds good oo but travel insurance is the issue, getting it and cost of.

But thanks for the offer, such generous people you Qld peeps are.🍌🍍

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Not at this stage, not from Brisvegas. I like the look of the one from Steak and Kidney to the Conflict Islands and return, August.

The prices on those Princess cruises are quite good. I can recommend that cruise to PNG.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The Carnival Splendour one from Seattle to Sydney sounds good oo but travel insurance is the issue, getting it and cost of.

I showed my mum the one from Sydney to the Conflict Islands.  She was quite intrigued and she loves Princess.  I'm interested in that cruise as well but I just can't get the time off at the moment

I always wanted to go on Quantum of the Seas before the Covid pandemic. But I think I recall that she only sailed out of Sydney ? and being a large new ship was popular and relatively expensive? So I didn't get to ride on her 😞 But now that it appears that she is basically homeporting out of Brisbane over a considerable period of time, they might have trouble filling her up and hence some good deals might arise??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

I always wanted to go on Quantum of the Seas before the Covid pandemic. But I think I recall that she only sailed out of Sydney ? and being a large new ship was popular and relatively expensive? So I didn't get to ride on her 😞 But now that it appears that she is basically homeporting out of Brisbane over a considerable period of time, they might have trouble filling her up and hence some good deals might arise??? 

Quantam has never sailed out of Sydney, she sailed out of Asia prior to the pandemic, maybe you're thinking of Ovation.

There's always the possibility of good deals but for 2022/23 season I would imagine they would limit the capacity, that and cruisers haven't had the opportunity to cruise for awhile. If both Quantam and Ovation return for 23/24 it's more likely you'll find good deals. Either way keep checking because you never know.

1 hour ago, Not Perfect said:

Quantam has never sailed out of Sydney, she sailed out of Asia prior to the pandemic, maybe you're thinking of Ovation.

There's always the possibility of good deals but for 2022/23 season I would imagine they would limit the capacity, that and cruisers haven't had the opportunity to cruise for awhile. If both Quantam and Ovation return for 23/24 it's more likely you'll find good deals. Either way keep checking because you never know.

Yes - I was thinking of Ovation !! 

With Pacific Explorer's arrival yesterday, P&O are having a Welcome Home Sale. Prices seem to be the  same as last weeks Flash Sale that I booked on. Some bargains to be had there, but finishes tomorrow midnight.

• Thanks 1