Wrist bands

Bogof1

Considering how many people I see walking around with Fitbits on their wrists (lots), I don't think this is as big a deal as some are making it out to be, especially as it is optional.

Honestly, when I am walking around a port carrying a Princess beach towel around my neck or a Princess tote bag on my shoulder, I don't think a tiny band on my wrist would enhance the identification of me as a cruise passenger.

:( Definitely wouldn't go with my bling. :)

Interesting sea day craft money maker. $5-$10 to bling out your band with crystals and other things.

Would they be color coordinated to your loyalty level? If so, then it would clash with many outfits.

Those plastic band make me sweat and break out in a rash.:o

Considering how many people I see walking around with Fitbits on their wrists (lots), I don't think this is as big a deal as some are making it out to be, especially as it is optional.
I had a Fitbit Force. It was recalled following reports of irritation and inflammation.

I think I would definitely rebel --any kind of a bracelet would send the message to my brain HOSPITAL and that doesn't say vacation. not only that, I wear medic alert band-- might not be seen if your wearing a cruise bracelet?

I'm amazed that people are even worried about this.. Has Princess even hinted that this might be coming? The sky ain't falling yet.. :rolleyes:

These folks have to have something to post about.

This is years away at best.

Mike

Look up Disney Magic Band accessories...

Interesting sea day craft money maker. $5-$10 to bling out your band with crystals and other things.

Would they be color coordinated to your loyalty level? If so, then it would clash with many outfits.

I wear "real" bling. :) Like you, anything plastic on my arm gives me a rash. It would drive me crazy not to mention look tacky.

FYI, I'm not worried about it on Princess nor am I concerned. I'm just voicing my opinion because I can. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

I had a Fitbit Force. It was recalled following reports of irritation and inflammation.

About a year or so ago, we got a free one of those (that brand, not sure of the exact type) that our health insurance company was sending to people with certain disorders, I guess. Our family asthmatic got one. Still in its package, unopened, as that recall announcement came out about that time.

I have a watch with a plastic band that I stopped wearing. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a watch band that fits without irritating me or slipping around my narrow wrist.

These folks have to have something to post about.

This is years away at best.

Mike

Actually, there's another post about this, right here on the Princess board. I read it yesterday. It might have been on the CC post/newsletter we get every week, now that I think about it.

The one thing that appealed to me (and it was the only thing) was that you didn't have to worry about demagnetizing the bracelet like you do the card. I spend more time at passenger services getting my card reissued than some employees.

Maureen

I wear "real" bling. :) Like you, anything plastic on my arm gives me a rash. It would drive me crazy not to mention look tacky.

:)

Sort of like "gold by the inch". After wearing a wrist chain from one of those places "many" years ago, I thought I'd never get rid of the green band around my wrist. Funny though, the gold chain I've worn around my wrist for a good number of years has never turned my wrist green.

Edited by Treven

Like they can't spot people from the cruise ship unless they have an wrist band. :D:D

];)

Yes, the sickly pale legs and camera around the neck aren't dead giveaways... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Although I'm not a fan of the wristband concept, the RFID in them has interesting applications to other issues that cause discussions on the boards.

For example, they could easily track who used the anytime dining and easily identify those with traditional dining trying to use that dining.

Also, they could track who uses the buffet and allocate the auto-tip with a larger amount to the buffet staff. The staff could easily also identify who has removed the auto-tip as well.

Since they know which traditional dining people are using the buffet, they could use those empty tables in traditional dining to seat those waiting in anytime, allowing the lines to be minimized there.

Still working out how to apply this to chair hogs.

Also, they could track who uses the buffet and allocate the auto-tip with a larger amount to the buffet staff. The staff could easily also identify who has removed the auto-tip as well.

They could but what would that have to do with service provided? :confused:

Surely you're not implying that others would get preferential treatment. :confused:

Since they know which traditional dining people are using the buffet, they could use those empty tables in traditional dining to seat those waiting in anytime, allowing the lines to be minimized there.

Not really .. based on many of the pax I have seen, eating a

full meal at the buffet can easily be followed by table service

in one of the dining rooms.

I think that is why they got rid of 24-hour dining .... too many

people took it literally.

Personally I think a wrist band looks a whole lot better than a sea pass on a lanyard around your neck!! 😣

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Been on 30 cruises and have never felt the need to have a seapass card dangling round my neck and cannot imagine ever using a wristband pass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RFID is good as long as no dishonest people are around you. It is possible for others around you and your wrist band to read what is on it.

From USA Today:

It's an unfortunate reality of our digital age. Thieves are now extremely advanced when it comes to stealing your credit card number, and ultimately your digital ID. These days, all it takes is a scanner in someone's shopping bag to grab your credit card number safely tucked into your purse or back pocket.

If you're unfamiliar with how Radio Frequency Identity theft occurs,

The same type of scanners that allow you to tap your credit card for payment at check-out at a store can easily be purchased by anyone, carried in a nondescript way through stores or malls to scan your credit card numbers from you, from several feet of way. This type of wireless crime which has significantly increased happens quickly and without our knowledge until it's too late.