Live from Solstice

dkjretired

Jeanne and I boarded a couple hours ago, ten minutes from cab to ship. AQ cabin very nice, have been on Solstice before. Report more after we get our internet package.

Hi Don, hope you and Jeanne have a wonderful week:D...tell her

hello from me:)

Hi Don, hope you and Jeanne have a wonderful week:D...tell her

hello from me:)

Will be boarding her in 3 weeks. Staying is AQ for first time. Tell us all about the food please. Oh and how good the internet is!:o

Had the filet mignon first night, it was excellent, blu cheese souffle also good. Just did the show which was music from the 40s on. Patti is the cruise director, we had her on the Silhouette in Dec., very personable and she sang a couple of songs in the show. Brent Nixon was funny, had to figure out at first if he was nuts or something. You'll understand if you meet him

Room is 1529, very quiet and yes, we did not get chocolates. No biggie. Not much else to write but we will have a busy day today.

Forgot one thing, Baileys and Jack Daniels are on the Classic Package....

Edited by dkjretired

Had the filet mignon first night, it was excellent, blu cheese souffle also good. Just did the show which was music from the 40s on. Room is 1529, very quiet and yes, we did not get chocolates. No biggie. Not much else to write but we will have a busy day today. Forgot one thing, Baileys and Jack Daniels are on the Classic Package....

Appreciate your posts and glad that you are enjoying "our" Solstice. Keep up the good sharing and happy info. Getting ready for the first big day with college football. Fall is always exciting and interesting.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,979 views for this fun posting.

Hi Don,

Although I know they have not yet implemented the new suite restaurant, I'd be interested to hear what the dining room staff and maitre 'd have to say about it and the possible menu.

Thanks!

Melody

We are also on Solstice - in rainy Ketchikan! But a day on a cruise ship in the rain beats a day on land any day :)

Hi Janine:) hope you and Geoff are having fun. Have you met

Don and Jeanne yet?:D.....

Have a great rest of your week:)