What on earth is going on RCI???

Just logged on to RCI to check my cruise and low and behold RCI have increased my final payment by almost $2000:confused: not only that I have a Payment due "now" of $800:confused: I dont sail until April 2015 and I booked with a NCC

What is going on with the web site??? talk about incompetence! lol

I am not worried, if they dont fix it by themselves I just wont go lol

Just logged on to RCI to check my cruise and low and behold RCI have increased my final payment by almost $2000:confused: not only that I have a Payment due "now" of $800:confused: I dont sail until April 2015 and I booked with a NCC

What is going on with the web site??? talk about incompetence! lol

I am not worried, if they dont fix it by themselves I just wont go lol

WOW this is the first time the RCI website has ever had a problem.:rolleyes:

Or this hour:D

OP I would NOT rely on RCL to fix it. I would give them a call.

And once it's fixed, do not log into the website until after the cruise!:eek:

Edited by clarea

...must be the RCI spin on Catch-22: The only way to know if the website works is to log in and find out, but you can't log in to find out because the website doesn't work! ;)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

...must be the RCI spin on Catch-22: The only way to know if the website works is to log in and find out, but you can't log in to find out because the website doesn't work! ;)

Afraid I will jinx myself, but I've not had any problems with our bookings, which I suspect is because they are all with a travel agent.

Afraid I will jinx myself, but I've not had any problems with our bookings, which I suspect is because they are all with a travel agent.

Ours as well. And we too have been fortunate with not having any booking issues.

I have the same problem. I made final payment, it showed paid in full and gave me my documents but then I left the web page and came back and it showed I owed $607 and said documents not issued. I have contacted RCCL and they have put me on a list to check every week and assured me my cruise won't auto cancel. She said they wouldn't cancel a cruise with out reaching out to me and even so, they will see all the comments on the reservation (and there's a lot:rolleyes:). What happens is the discounts drop off for what ever reason. Mine is the military discount and crown and anchor balcony discount.

Not to worry though, according to an email they sent someone here the new online reservation system for Dynamic Dining will be "powerful" and "unparalleled":rolleyes:

Two words I would never have thought would be related to RCI's IT system! ;)

Of course I guess it's all in the interpretation......:rolleyes:

Two words I would never have thought would be related to RCI's IT system! ;)

Of course I guess it's all in the interpretation......:rolleyes:

How's this:

They take powerful computer systems and load them with unreliable programs to a degree unparalleled in the industry.

If you don't log in, how do you make your dining reservations and your show reservations? I am booked through a TA. Thanks in advance.

The phone reps say do not log in through My Cruises. I called after one of my cruises magically repriced itself. Use the Before You Board header at the top of the page instead. So far I have not had a problem going in that way.

Having spent a career in IT I have never seen the level of ineptitude RCI has shown us. Makes me think they have no place to test new code but on the live system which makes us all system testers.

Edited by K1200S

If you don't log in, how do you make your dining reservations and your show reservations? I am booked through a TA. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that based on my personal experience, your booking should be safe from unintended modification because it's a travel agent booking.

However, I'd wait a bit and see if anyone chimes in here to prove my theory is wrong.

Having spent a career in IT I have never seen the level of ineptitude RCI has shown us. Makes me think they have no place to test new code but on the live system which makes us all system testers.

That's what it looks like to me also, and I've had the same career.:)

I've had no problem logging in to our reservation using My Cruises for our next cruise as it is with a TA. It appears only the direct bookings with RCI are being price adjusted.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that based on my personal experience, your booking should be safe from unintended modification because it's a travel agent booking.

However, I'd wait a bit and see if anyone chimes in here to prove my theory is wrong.

Thanks, Bob. I am not sailing until summer of 2015, so I have time to wait before I need to make any reservations.