A kinder, gentler Holland America Cruise Line forum

soccerpapi

It's all spelled out in Section 4 of the Loyalty Oath: First offense: You may not attend or participate in the next year's Friendship Parade. Second offense: You lose your Happy Fun Time privileges for one month. Third, and final offense: You must go on a Disney Cruise (not the fun one, but rather the one where they play, "It's a Small World After All," over and over ad nauseum.) You have to ride it until you repent and agree to forsake your cruel & brutal ways and once again get on the path to kindness and benevolence.

Thanks a lot! Now I have that darn song stuck in my head. 'It's a world of laughter, a world of tears. When I hear this song, how it pains my ears. "

Thank you sooooo much for putting that song in my head. I'm old enough to remember the Pepsi pavilion at the 64-65 Worlds Fair where that song blared out for all passersby to hear. I used to walk by as quickly as I could!

I think that the Kind and Gentle Police would never go so far as to impose a punishment that is so cruel. Perhaps step 3 could be a week or two in Stepford?

It's all spelled out in Section 4 of the Loyalty Oath: First offense: You may not attend or participate in the next year's Friendship Parade. Second offense: You lose your Happy Fun Time privileges for one month. Third, and final offense: You must go on a Disney Cruise (not the fun one, but rather the one where they play, "It's a Small World After All," over and over ad nauseum.) You have to ride it until you repent and agree to forsake your cruel & brutal ways and once again get on the path to kindness and benevolence.

Thanks a lot! Now I have that darn song stuck in my head. 'It's a world of laughter, a world of tears. When I hear this song, how it pains my ears. "

Gee thanks POA - Now I have that darned song going round and round in my head.:(

So 84 posts on this thread so far and nothing about HAL has actually been discussed, just some kind and gentle arguing about what it really means to be kind and gentle and do we want to do it...

Does anyone have anything nice (or anything at all) to say about HAL? :rolleyes:

Just askin'

So 84 posts on this thread so far and nothing about HAL has actually been discussed, just some kind and gentle arguing about what it really means to be kind and gentle and do we want to do it...

Does anyone have anything nice (or anything at all) to say about HAL? :rolleyes:

Just askin'

OK, here's a few that spring to mind. Their "house tea" is a wonderful Darjeeling, and I love that lido bread pudding. You can find peaceful, quiet places to have kind and gentle thoughts. And they don't announce bingo every fifteen minutes.

If you don't mind my asking, would you be kind enough to tell me what PCD is?

Post Cruise Depression. I mean as long as the conversation is wandering here... I've been skipping over all NA and Eurodam posts for a long time. Literally have no idea.

Post Cruise Depression. I mean as long as the conversation is wandering here... I've been skipping over all NA and Eurodam posts for a long time. Literally have no idea.

I would have guessed Phuture Cruise Discount. ;)

One would gently ask how, if someone is on a person's ignore list, that person would know that said ignored person is posting?

When you come across a posting from a person on your ignore list, the posting is shown as being in the blue box and the user's name is noted, but instead of the poster's message, you see the message, "You cannot see this posting as "User Name" is on your ignore list."

When you are posting a reply, in Topic Review, the message simply reads, "This user is on your ignore list."

One would gently ask how, if someone is on a person's ignore list, that person would know that said ignored person is posting?

If someone is on one's ignore list, one can see that there was a post by that poster but cannot see the actual post. However, one can see the post if a poster not on the ignore list quotes it in his or her post.

If someone is on one's ignore list, one can see that there was a post by that poster but cannot see the actual post. However, one can see the post if a poster not on the ignore list quotes it in his or her post.

So theoretically, it's possible to miss posts that are both kind & gentle because they are on one's ignore list?

It is my hope that one would never have to ignore one's fellows. Such a sad sad state of affairs. :(

So theoretically, it's possible to miss posts that are both kind & gentle because they are on one's ignore list?

It is my hope that one would never have to ignore one's fellows. Such a sad sad state of affairs. :(

Just like in real life, there are people on CC with whom I don't care to have a relationship. Not sure why that's sad. It is what it is: I nurture the relationships I want, and I don't have a lot of extra time to spend on ones that aren't good for me.

I have probably 6 or 7 people on my ignore list, and they are not necessarily there because they aren't kind and gentle. :) Having them on my ignore list probably stops me from not being kind and gentle.

My question is, why wouldn't everyone take advantage of the ignore feature? It's there for a reason.