Getting excited about cruising later this week

madera1

We last cruised in Sept 2013 but have been planning this trip for a year. We leave Thurs morning for Amsterdam where we will spend a few days pre cruise and already am having a hard time sleeping. I am so excited about being on the Prinsendam for the first time.I keep going over details and worry that I have forgotten something.I have every email confirmation for air, independent land/tours, hotels as well as OBC printed. Do any of you have the same fears or routines prior to cruising? DH has all of his clothes reading for packing. I have my formal wear ready and have almost decided on other clothing. Our daughter will house/dog sit for us so that is a relief this trip. I am indebted to all the tips I have gained from CC including the port boards. I will write a review upon our return.

We last cruised in Sept 2013 but have been planning this trip for a year. We leave Thurs morning for Amsterdam where we will spend a few days pre cruise and already am having a hard time sleeping. I am so excited about being on the Prinsendam for the first time.I keep going over details and worry that I have forgotten something.I have every email confirmation for air, independent land/tours, hotels as well as OBC printed. Do any of you have the same fears or routines prior to cruising? DH has all of his clothes reading for packing. I have my formal wear ready and have almost decided on other clothing. Our daughter will house/dog sit for us so that is a relief this trip. I am indebted to all the tips I have gained from CC including the port boards. I will write a review upon our return.

LOL...It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets excited about a trip...

I'm retired from an International Airline.. We've flown & cruised into many different parts of the world & I'm always very excited! :D:)

On top of that I'm a worrywart, will make lists of things we have to take with us & will get up in the middle of the night to check my lists! ;):) I also pack for DH.. I give him a list of things to lay out.. On one trip he forgot to give me his black belt.. We had to roam around in different ports to purchase a belt for him to wear with his dark suit.. The first one we found was close to a hundred dollars which he refused to pay..:eek:

I obsess about every trip a week before we leave & only sleep for a few hours a day or two before..On the other hand DH falls asleep at the drop of a hat, & never worries about anything or any trip..!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Amsterdam, a lovely city & aboard the Prinsendam, our favorite ship!

Edited by serendipity1499

We get on after you and I went into panic mode when I did the Bon voyage for your sailing.

When you have been planning trips for a long time they stay in the future too long in your mind;)

So, yes I am busy doing my lists and checking them twice as well.:)

It sounds like you have things in order.

Relax and enjoy the anticipation. You have a fabulous itinerary and the EE to get you there.

Have a fabulous cruise

Oh boy do I hear you. I worry until I step foot on the teak deck. I am responsible for 3 others and they just assume I have taken care of all the details. I worry, I make lists, I double check.....but once we are there it is a huge sigh and time to enjoy.:)

How exciting! Enjoy!!

I never completely relax until we actually set foot on the ship. I check my purse for passports several times before we leave and then again on the way to the airport. I start my checklists as soon as the cruise is booked.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. The Prinsendam is a lovely ship. We did a 31 day cruise on her last year and hated to get off even after all that time.

I worry about getting to the Embarkation port. Even though we leave 2 - 3 days before the cruise, I always worry about the first flight being cancelled which will screw up our second flight and we have very few flights to anywhere.

Be sure you split your clothing over the suitcases. Don't pack all one's clothes in the same suitcase.

We have a fear of losing luggage or luggage delays so we pack each suitcase with half my clothes and half DH's clothes, with an even split for dinner vs. 'day' clothes. Always have the 1st dinner and next day clothes in the carry-on to minimize hassles on the 1st day. Do have a true obsession about passports and ID's and the required documents (which I keep in a 3-ring binder along with port info), and check the ones I carry and then ask my DH so many times before our initial departure point, whether it be the airport or the cruise terminal, it is truly farcical - he knows not to laugh but I can see he is trying to hide his smile. Once the luggage is closed and sealed up with zip ties, I stop that obsession but usually tuck a few items in my carry-on just in case.

Edited by take us away

We both worry to the point of obsession over some things, #1prescription medications, #2 oxygen equipment, #3 rollators (walkers) #4 passports.:eek:

Clothing, we pack at least 1 change each in our carry on. Everything else we will try to take care of but don't worry about.:p

We completely relax when we hear WELCOME BACK from the HAL personnell.:)

Have a wonderful cruise. We are looking forward to reading your review.

Thanks for all your tips/best wishes. I slept 4 hrs last night, worked half day today and think I am mostly packed. I too will calm down once we touch down in Amsterdam.

Patty

This sounds all too familiar! I am the same way. Looking forward to your review since we are booked on the EE for the first time next June, and also sailing from Amsterdam. Bon Voyage!!!