UPGRADE - FOS please read

fiona.anne

Hi we have just been offered an upgrade from an interior stateroom on deck 8 to an oceanview on deck 2 as this is our first time cruising could someone tell me if this is a good thing or not???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Ocean view Staterooms on Deck 2 are really nice. I was on FOS last month Deck 2 Ocean view. We loved it.

If it's for no additional cost I'd take it. All the stuff happens around deck 5 so you're sort of going to the middle each way. It's more distance to the buffet and pool, but closer to the main dining room. And.... you can see outside.

I'd do it.

Tom

Hi we have just been offered an upgrade from an interior stateroom on deck 8 to an oceanview on deck 2 as this is our first time cruising could someone tell me if this is a good thing or not???

Only you know whether an ocean view with more traveling to dining room, pool, spa, Windjammer is better than an inside that is more convenient to all the different venues. Of note, the lower down you are the less likely you are to feel the motion of the ship so less likely to be seasick.

My preference would be an Ocean View on ANY deck to an inside on a higher deck. Nice upgrade for a first time cruiser. Thought upgrades were offered to higher level C&A members. Guess not.

Let us know what you decide.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

My preference would be an Ocean View on ANY deck to an inside on a higher deck. Nice upgrade for a first time cruiser. Thought upgrades were offered to higher level C&A members. Guess not.

Let us know what you decide.

M

I think the reason we got offered the upgrade is that we are getting married onboard the cruise x

I think the reason we got offered the upgrade is that we are getting married onboard the cruise x

Upgrades can come from Revenue or from Crown and Anchor, anyone can get an upgrade, even first time cruisers like you!

It really comes down to personal preference. We prefer a higher deck since it is closer to everything. We use the stairs a lot since elevators can be crowded. While we can walk up the stairs a few decks, we don't like to go up 9 or 10 decks at a time.

Do what works for you. Best wishes on your marriage.:)

How nice.

If you'd like a view of the ocean and some natural light, take the upgrade. If you are concerned about seasickness, low and midship tends to move the least (so deck two fits the bill if that cabin is close to midship). If those things do to matter to you, take whatever deck makes you happy. I'd take the OV in a heartbeat.

Congrats.

I would definitely take it....we have been on the Freedom a few times and loved being on deck 2.

The best part of deck 2 is that there is never a line waiting for the elevator. Also, the dining room is usually only one deck up unless you have mytimedining. If you have a child under 11, the children's club will pick your child up from the dining room if you get into myfamilytime dining. Myfamilytime dining is not offered with mytimedining and is only offered at the earlier dining time not the late time.

Early Congrats!!! :)

The window would be nice, but I also prefer the higher decks as well. I was on deck 2 on my first FOV cruise and I felt like I was always waiting for the elevator. The first few days my son (6 at the time) was really queasy and didn't like the feeling of the elevator, so we had to take the stairs from deck 2 to deck 11 on a regular basis for those first 2 days. My thighs will never be the same! We were on deck 10 (I think) on Allure last year and I really appreciated being a few floors up or down to the major venues compared to down on deck 2. The rooms are beautiful but I also prefer the higher decks over a window since we don't spend much time in our room at all.

Congrats on your wedding!!:)