Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Linda, you showed a photo of Pets at Sea......is that closing permanently?

If this will help you find them, it's a photo of the gnomes from 2012. Maybe look for this type of foliage and then peek inside!

DSC05568_zps4ff76cb1.jpg

Janey, I have been on Oasis many times and I didn't even know the gnomes existed!! I can't wait to hunt for them in two weeks!! At least I will have you on the ship to ask just in case I can't find them!! LOL

Linda, you showed a photo of Pets at Sea......is that closing permanently?

I don't know hon..... I was on my walkabout and noticed the sign..... I've no idea if it was even open during the week..... I was going to go in and see if there was a pirate one.... will ask tomorrow.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

We have a table near the window for lunch (same menu as the one I posted last cruise)

DSCN2607.jpg

Sorry we didn't make it to the lunch Linda. :( It took too long time for Lennart to get ready after the ice skating. We went to the Solarium bistro for lunch later (at about 2PM). It was actually really good to eat lunch there.

/Erik

Janey, I have been on Oasis many times and I didn't even know the gnomes existed!! I can't wait to hunt for them in two weeks!! At least I will have you on the ship to ask just in case I can't find them!! LOL

I don't remember where they are, I didn't write it down, so we'll look together. I'm just going to look for that type of plant and see if I can find them again. If Linda finds them, maybe she can tells us where they are!

Is it only for cigar smokers? Hubby smokes cigarettes, might be nice to have a dedicated area for a little while.

When I was up there I didn't see any rules! Any guest is allowed up there in the evening, cigar smoker or not..... Must be nice for cigar smokers to be welcome somewhere :)

Got up early..... Set the alarm which, for a sea day, is unheard of. Ulterior motive : pay account off in cash and beat the inevitable lines. Been for a walk and will walk some more; just stopped for a coffee.

Central Park tour.... Have found the gnomes!!

:D

I have really enjoyed following your blog. Thanks for all the detailed information.

I have seen the ship has now entered the very busy English Channel and that you are scheduled to arrive at Rotterdam Cruise Terminal at 2 AM.

I am guessing they are still planning a standard disembarkation, with everybody off the ship by around 09:30, but will be interested to know how they might adapt disembarkation due to the ship entering dry-dock tomorrow.

Have many of the staff and crew stated they are staying with the ship through dry-dock?

Today's Compasses attached.

'Cupcake Cupboard' being moved to the Boardwalk. Will be a designer clothes shop in its place... I forget the name....

Sabor 2.0 where Seafood Shack currently resides.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

The 'Diamond Lounge' will eventually be something called 'Wonderland'. DL moving to Deck 4 as is Izumi on opposite sides.

Viking Crown will be going. 2 new Royal Lofts.

6 new Aqua suites coming.

Whole bunch of rooms across the price range being incorporated but may not necessarily be bookable until end November.....

This is not all happening during refit. It's not all been months in the planning.... some of it has only been weeks....

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.

Day 7 (Sept 29) Compass.pdf

Day 7 (Sept 29) Evening Planner.pdf

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The 'Diamond Lounge' will eventually be something called 'Wonderland'. DL moving to Deck 4 as is Izumi on opposite sides.

I believe that "something" will be a specialty restaurant--molecular gastrostomy--part of Dynamic Dining:rolleyes:.

That is what it is called on Quantum.

Morning Happy about the Britto store and sad that the living wall is being taken apart. It will be good to have the background green and not blue though.

For those of you who might like to watch OASIS arrive in Rotterdam here is a link to a couple of webcams

She will be at the Hook of Holland webcam (link below) about 6 PM EST midnight Rotterdam time. She will then depart the cruise terminal for drydock about 10:15 am Rotterdam time so 4:30 AM EST Or course these time are all subject to change

http://www.dirkzwager.com/?mod=content&section=Webcams&id=196

Today's Compasses attached.

'Cupcake Cupboard' being moved to the Boardwalk. Will be a designer clothes shop in its place... I forget the name....

Sabor 2.0 where Seafood Shack currently resides.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

Viking Crown will be going. 2 new Royal Lofts.

6 new Aqua suites coming.

Whole bunch of rooms across the price range being incorporated but may not necessarily be bookable until end November.....

This is not all happening during refit. It's not all been months in the planning.... some of it has only been weeks....

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.

150 Central Park will have refurbished chairs -- not so low!

Excellent!

Nice photo of you and Drew earlier.:)

'

He remembers you, gave me a huge grin when I mentioned your name and said, 'Hi' back.

Morning Happy about the Britto store and sad that the living wall is being taken apart. It will be good to have the background green and not blue though.

For those of you who might like to watch OASIS arrive in Rotterdam here is a link to a couple of webcams

She will be at the Hook of Holland webcam (link below) about 6 PM EST midnight Rotterdam time. She will then depart the cruise terminal for drydock about 10:15 am Rotterdam time so 4:30 AM EST Or course these time are all subject to change

http://www.dirkzwager.com/?mod=content&section=Webcams&id=196

I would love it if someone grabbed a screenshot.....

MADflyer : Seapass cards (assembly stations) A, B and C will depart from the Opal Theatre Deck 5. Seapass cards D, E, F and G from Opus Dining Room Deck 5. Timed departures relating to luggage tags from 0600 up to 0830 which is the last departure time. Guests who purchased transfers will collect their cases at Schiphol Airport. The Family Zone is 'On Air' Deck 5 and Suite Guests have the Concierge Lounge from 0615 onwards.

Express departures from 0500 to 0700. Deck 2 aft.

I'm sharing a cab to Rotterdam Centraal Station. We've arranged to meet 0815 at the car on Deck 5. Am catching a Thalys train to Brussels then the Eurostar to London.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

'

I would love it if someone grabbed a screenshot.....

I am on this one for you :) :) actually a FB friend who lives in Rotterdam and Oasis will pass right by his apt will also be taking some photos.