Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

That sea looks perfectly flat to me - we have had the calmest September for years here in Europe. Hopefully Oasis is not struggling with the current seas or we could be in for trouble on the westbound crossing!

They cancelled 'Splish Splash' this afternoon because of the weather.... you'll get the idea..... we rocked about in the Bay of Biscay for a while there..... today not so much but still windy....

DSCN2681.jpg

DSCN2683.jpg

DSCN2684.jpg

Time for me to get some shut eye.

I'd like to thank you for following this trip and to those who commented with questions and little tasks for me I really enjoyed our chats. If I'm honest Freedom Class is big enough for me. I loved the feeling I got being an individual on Legend instead of feeling like one of the crowd here on Oasis. And I much preferred the dining experience I had on Freedom but that really was a hard act to follow.

I've met the loveliest people this cruise..... my neighbours in the connecting room have been a joy and we've exchanged numbers and email. I've made good friends on the roll calls and some of the time we spent together are forever etched in my memory..... my experience on the zip line will not be forgotten in a hurry. I do hope more pics will be shared here.

Time for me to get some shut eye.

I'd like to thank you for following this trip and to those who commented with questions and little tasks for me I really enjoyed our chats. If I'm honest Freedom Class is big enough for me. I loved the feeling I got being an individual on Legend instead of feeling like one of the crowd here on Oasis. And I much preferred the dining experience I had on Freedom but that really was a hard act to follow.

I've met the loveliest people this cruise..... my neighbours in the connecting room have been a joy and we've exchanged numbers and email. I've made good friends on the roll calls and some of the time we spent together are forever etched in my memory..... my experience on the zip line will not be forgotten in a hurry. I do hope more pics will be shared here.

Sleep tight, Linda, and safe trip home. Thanks so very much for taking the time to bring us along on your trip!

If you ever come to visit your connecting room neighbors, let me know! :)

Edited by happy trailer

First I would like to say that I have enjoyed your review so much I am very sad to see that it has come to an end.

I will be on the first cruise on Oasis when she returns to Fort Lauderdale for the 5 day sailing, excited to be on the ship BUT never really thought of it being still under construction. I am sure it will be very enjoyable just the same.

Do you think your dining experience was not so great as it seemed you didn't use the main dining room much? My husband is celiac and he got the upmost attention from the Maitre D on the Liberty of the Seas each night for the next night's dinner and of course he did get his daily pizza fix at Sorrento's.

When are you cruising again? I will anxiously await the next review!

Was this inside of what was once a cabin or some other area?

Have a safe trip home! Thank you once again.

I am pretty sure that this is the prove of RC replacing the secret balconies with Aqua Theater Suits.

Edited by AntiCat

Great review Linda..Thanks so much for your time in doing this

I watched as you slept and the arrival into Rotterdam on a live feed and some webcams.

Lots of cheers and the ship horns sounded as well even though it was close to midnight there. Some captures for you. My hotel is nHow Hotel and room directly above the bow of OASIS

Safe journey home :)

1486679_10152414060636693_2237900274614216071_n.jpg?oh=6efd1099b006e2c3660fe761aae51ccc&oe=54B49A4E

10620720_10152414060576693_4599698765812979428_n.jpg?oh=ef5f7ec4777e1fb61d2ab86fd2a96684&oe=54BCFCDE

10350521_10152414060441693_4672177495725989978_n.jpg?oh=5c11807ee998ba9247b8ecf86e896a61&oe=5488F32D&__gda__=1421377083_99b70b9e00c9eb1ecdc3c7f075ecfe73

Edited by emmy

Linda,

Thanks so much for the great blog!! I have thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it and it's really made me even more excited to board Lady O. in Rotterdam in a couple of weeks.

I know it takes a lot of time and patience to maintain a live thread and want you to know how very much it is appreciated!

Best wishes and safe travels!

Julie

Safe travels home!! Loved your whole review and am excited to be on her very soon for her TA home. I am so sad to see those public balconies go. I loved sitting out there, I will miss it.

Thanks for the update on what is happening to Pets at Sea, I like the new store going in.

I am SO happy to hear that the Cupcake store is just moving.. I love those things. What was your favorite Gluten Free cupcake? I might like to try it!! I do not have to be gluten free, but I have found some things that are quite yummy gluten free on land....hope I can find something on sea. You would think that they would have the flavor thing figured out by now. More and more people are gluten free and the first time I sailed with you was almost 3 years ago and from the sounnd of it, most of their gluten free food is the same as it was back then.

Emmy : thanks!

Wendy : they're all yummy!!! I like mine with nuts on..... :p

Disembarking is under way. Had no final account attached to my door so GS got a visit. The account I received omits the conversion statement this time but as I'd cashed up yesterday there's no concern. It's only now getting light out. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to get specialty coffee this morning..... not about to visit the MDR. Cafe Promenade is open for business but no OJ etc. Am too sleep ridden to check out Park Cafe. Got some chocolate milk and cheese and melon to take back to room from WJ where there was queueing. Starbucks will take the room card.... not about to go to there. FYI Solarium Bistro and Wipeout Cafe are apparently open for breakfast too.

I was supposed to meet Drew last night but that didn't happen unfortunately. He has no idea that more pink boas are on their way (unless you've warned him!)

Yes, elder DS reported some difficulty getting to ship to pick us up. Said did not recognise ship at first glimpse thought was block of flats until saw the crown and anchor. The sail in to Rotterdam was a highlight esp. for DH who was monitoring shipping with very nice app. Oasis has been on the national tv news. Enjoyed meeting you very much, safe onward trip Linda

You too sweetie!

The ramps I used to disembark were not smooth and flat. Took pics of ramps and lines of contractors.

Made it to the station in good time and am on platform waiting for train. Gave driver the equivalent can fare as tip; so grateful to get here.

Noticed too late they have a Desigual store in the main concourse. Can't carry any more as it is lol! Very modern station.

You too sweetie!

The ramps I used to disembark were not smooth and flat. Took pics of ramps and lines of contractors.

Made it to the station in good time and am on platform waiting for train. Gave driver the equivalent can fare as tip; so grateful to get here.

Noticed too late they have a Desigual store in the main concourse. Can't carry any more as it is lol! Very modern station.

Safe travels home Linda. Very much enjoyed the blog!:)