Most Cruised

Gbeman

Ok, First let me say, Yes, I know.... It is a really ego driven thing. Pathetic maybe but Honest.

DW and I would indeed like to at least once be the most cruised.

I'm wondering if the best chance is still Alaska? We mostly do exotic and long cruises where we have been in the top 40 several times but of course there is always at least 3 couples (or individuals) with 800 plus days.

So, what iteniraries have you guys found to have lower numbers?

We will pass 400 days on our next sailing.

We were third most once when we had many fewer days and it was Alaska.

Remember I already know it is pathetic. No need to beat me up.

Yes....Alaska or Tahiti is your best bet. Inside passage cruises have a better chance than Voyage of the Glaciers cruise as more first timers tend to do that one. Recently on our Inside Passage cruise from Seattle to Alaska MTP had 382 days with the 2nd MTP at 292 days. There were only 14 Elite onboard.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

Yes....Alaska or Tahiti is your best bet. Inside passage cruises have a better chance than Voyage of the Glaciers cruise as more first timers tend to do that one. Recently on our Inside Passage cruise from Seattle to Alaska MTP had 382 days with the 2nd MTP at 292 days. There were only 14 Elite onboard.

Wow that is low. I suppose most Elites have seen Alaska at least once & don't care to see it again.

I know you know this, but to plan a cruise for the sole reason of being the MTP is a dangerous thing. We thought we stood a chance in Alaska (with high 300s) of being in the top 3, but the Cherleys just returned that cruise (with 800+ IIRC), and 2nd and 3rd were tied (and lived in Vancouver) and we were 4th...just a couple of days behind them. But it taught us a good lesson: never even contemplate where we might end up, because there are just too many chances that we won't.

Ok, First let me say, Yes, I know.... It is a really ego driven thing. Pathetic maybe but Honest.

DW and I would indeed like to at least once be the most cruised.

I'm wondering if the best chance is still Alaska? We mostly do exotic and long cruises where we have been in the top 40 several times but of course there is always at least 3 couples (or individuals) with 800 plus days.

So, what iteniraries have you guys found to have lower numbers?

We will pass 400 days on our next sailing.

We were third most once when we had many fewer days and it was Alaska.

Remember I already know it is pathetic. No need to beat me up.

We took the Voyage of the Glaciers cruise starting July 26th of this year. We received an invitation to the "Most Traveled" cocktail party. As of the start of the cruise we only had 150 cruise days with Princess. We were unable to attend so I never heard the total for the person who had the most days.

Wow that is low. I suppose most Elites have seen Alaska at least once & don't care to see it again.

I've done Alaska 22 times so there goes your theory :) My Princess total is in the low 400's and I've only made the top 3 twice, although both were in Alaska. On my last two Alaska trips they were B2B's and the top three stayed on for both weeks. In fact on one the top 20 stayed exactly the same both weeks. This was the first Alaska trip of the year and several people were doing a B2B2B2B.

Alaska is still a pretty good bet to get into the top 5 or so but there is always somebody on board with lots more days. Best chance is probably the round trips from Seattle as I don't think you would see many doing a B2B on those

It is frequently very much the luck of the draw, but you also might find some success on the shorter, 4 or 5 day cruises out of FLL believe it or not, as the more seasoned Princess passenger is not the marketing target for those little jaunts - but will book them. Also, the Panama Canal when it is not a repo cruise.....good luck.

Ours has been in Alaska, on the short ones which we have booked as b2bs, and we have seen relatively low counts on the Panama Canal - but again just one couple who have cruised a whole lot could upset that whole thing.

I agree from what we have seen Alaska is a good start, however over the last year or 2 I think the tables have turned and the past passenger program is saturated and its really losing its meaning. IMO

Damn. As someone at the end of the baby boom, I can't tell you how many times in my life I've heard exactly. those. words.

On our 5-day cruise on the Ruby in March, we had dinner each night with the most-traveled couple. The wife had more than 1,800 days. They were staying on for several cruises.

We saw them again on the CB in August. They were still the most-traveled on that cruise and were staying on for three weeks. One of their granddaughters is getting married next summer in Seattle, so the wife was already planning one or two cruises to Alaska for then.

If I had my way, I'd go to Alaska every year.

It is frequently very much the luck of the draw, but you also might find some success on the shorter, 4 or 5 day cruises out of FLL believe it or not, as the more seasoned Princess passenger is not the marketing target for those little jaunts - but will book them. Also, the Panama Canal when it is not a repo cruise.....good luck.

Ours has been in Alaska, on the short ones which we have booked as b2bs, and we have seen relatively low counts on the Panama Canal - but again just one couple who have cruised a whole lot could upset that whole thing.

We were on b2b 5 & 7 day cruises on the Caribbean Princess 9/1 and 9/6. #1 MTP's had over 1800 days :eek: 2nd & 3rd each had over 1300.

Most of the folks at the MTP cocktail party were doing b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b.....

I mentioned this in another thread but will reiterate here. When you are doing multiple b2b's length of cruise doesn't really matter. With the discounted fares you are seeing more and more passengers from FL because we are the ones that can most easily book the flash sale cruises out of FLL.

One simply cannot go on a cruise now expecting to be among the top 3 most travelled. You never know. For example, we were the MTP on 2 longer cruises but didn't even come close on the 2 short cruises mentioned above. This year we've been on 7 Princess cruises thus far and were #1 on 2 of them (Panama Canal and British Isles), # 3 on a Caribbean, and went to the lunch/cocktail party at all of the others. There is no way to predict and just go and be surprised if you are one of the top 3.

By the way, we love being #1 but not for picture or ego thing...it's the Veuve Cliquot. Really like the stuff but we won't buy it because it's too expensive.

I might live to be 3,475 years old. In that case, on my final cruise I will be the most traveled passenger but will probably die the day before they have the MTP deal onboard.

Alternately, I will never be MTP but won't care at all. This is a far more likely scenario. My real goal is not to be the Most Traveled Passenger but simply to be a passenger. If I can keep cruising I think that will satisfy me.

Best of luck on your goal to one day be MTP. As you have acknowledged, it's a bit silly to care but we all have silly things that we'd like to do or experience. Nothing wrong with that at all.

We were on b2b 5 & 7 day cruises on the Caribbean Princess 9/1 and 9/6. #1 MTP's had over 1800 days :eek: 2nd & 3rd each had over 1300.

Most of the folks at the MTP cocktail party were doing b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b2b.....

I mentioned this in another thread but will reiterate here. When you are doing multiple b2b's length of cruise doesn't really matter. With the discounted fares you are seeing more and more passengers from FL because we are the ones that can most easily book the flash sale cruises out of FLL.

One simply cannot go on a cruise now expecting to be among the top 3 most travelled. You never know. For example, we were the MTP on 2 longer cruises but didn't even come close on the 2 short cruises mentioned above. This year we've been on 7 Princess cruises thus far and were #1 on 2 of them (Panama Canal and British Isles), # 3 on a Caribbean, and went to the lunch/cocktail party at all of the others. There is no way to predict and just go and be surprised if you are one of the top 3.

By the way, we love being #1 but not for picture or ego thing...it's the Veuve Cliquot. Really like the stuff but we won't buy it because it's too expensive.

We were also on these two cruises and were very surprised that we did not make it to the MTP cocktail party even. We have over 400 days and we have been invited to MTP for the last 8 or 9 cruises that we have done. Because the short cruises out of Fort Lauderdale are discounted so much to the resident's there, we didn't come in to the top 20 couples.

I don't expect to get first, second or even third, I just want to be in the top 20 so we are invited to the Captain's Luncheon/Cocktail Party.

Perhaps the last Alaska cruise of the season???

Have to be so careful of where the ship is headed from there - it could be the starting point for a more exotic itinerary than usual so could be draw for lots.

A while ago I lamented that DH and I would never catch up with all the high-number days on board, while speaking with the Captain's Circle Hostess. She just smiled and said one word - attrition. To all those approaching and over 1000 days - hoping that attrition doesn't get you ever.:)

We were also on these two cruises and were very surprised that we did not make it to the MTP cocktail party even. We have over 400 days and we have been invited to MTP for the last 8 or 9 cruises that we have done. Because the short cruises out of Fort Lauderdale are discounted so much to the resident's there, we didn't come in to the top 20 couples.

I don't expect to get first, second or even third, I just want to be in the top 20 so we are invited to the Captain's Luncheon/Cocktail Party.

I'm beginning to think that since they've lowered the price so much on these 4 & 5 day trips the Elites living very close to the port will flood the ship. Since they do live close they probably do have very high counts so unless you have 500 days or better there's no chance of making it to the party. :(

We got to the MT event twice with under 100 days, once on Alaskan cruise on Golden Princess which was a cocktail party and once on a Med cruise on Ocean Princess which was a lunch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Our first was an Alaskan cruise where we were still Platinum, total surprise for us.