Saver dining allocation

Dwalkerdave

I am hoping for late or freedom so above comments sound hopeful !!!!!

Which ship are you on?

Second Sitting is more popular! So you are more likely to be allocated First Sitting. However the Azura has one Freedom Restaurant and two Club and Ventura has two Freedom and one Club. So if you are on Ventura you are probably more likely to get Freedom whilst the Azura would be more likely to be Club.

Its bit of a finger in the air guess. It depends on the itiniary, the length of the cruise, the time of year, the ship (Ventura has two freedom dining restaurants, unlike the other ships). On a cruise likely to attract a more aged clientelle, early dining would be more popular IMO.

Like jeanlyon we could not eat at 6.30 everyday. For that reason I would never book a saver fare with P&O. P&O do like to 'punish' those who elect to not pay the select fare by making them gamble with dining and cabin allocation. Whilst this does justify paying the select fare for many, for some like myself it stops me booking P&O again as the price difference is just silly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I booked a saver fare for my cruise in May on Azura, I hoped for the early sitting but was put on the late sitting. (Not that I am complaining at all, as I knew before I booked that it was pot luck). I am going again in November but booked select as I wanted to have first sitting, I find that the shows on second sitting are too late, but everyone is different. When I went on Ventura in 2012 again we couldn't choose, got second sitting but then politely asked the maitre D if we could have first and they accomodated us.

If you are allocated the "wrong" sitting, has anyone tried leafleting the other passengers to find a swap?

It would seem impossible that you wouldn't find somebody who was on the opposite "wrong" sitting.

1000 leaflets printed before you go...

Yes we always do this. A5 full colour both sides £30+ VAT

All the above answers prove one thing because of the different answers that everyone has their own opinions but nobody really has a clue and is totally pot luck. Unfortunately you might not get the sitting you prefer but thats the risk of booking a saver and saving money if you want it guaranteed then pay the extra and book a Select fare.

On a fully booked cruise what would be the likely dining time/type allocated if you booked a saver deal ?

On a med cruise in school holidays ?

Thanks again.

You'd have to know what those who'd paid full had selected to be able to know.

That said. we've found saver gives Freedom or second sitting, both suits us.

We'd not like first sitting.

Just back from a (bargain) late saver 24 night cruise on Aurora. We were allocated second sitting, which suited us fine.

Having said that, we're not really bothered about which sitting we're on... there are advantages to both. On first sitting you get a far better choice of entertainment after dinner, but on second sitting you have the advantage of lovely quiet decks as the early diners disappear to get ready for their meal.

Like Kevin, P&O's latest price structure actually deters us from booking with them as we're not prepared to pay the huge difference just to be able to choose a cabin and dinner sitting.

Like Kevin, P&O's latest price structure actually deters us from booking with them as we're not prepared to pay the huge difference just to be able to choose a cabin and dinner sitting.

I agree entirely, I have stopped cruising with P & O because of this ridiculous fare structure. The difference can be as much as £500 pp if not more and that is too much just for the privilege of choosing a cabin and a dinning preference.

But that is not true of all cruises. We booked our cruise over a year ago and got £150 pp OBC and free parking. Until a few weeks ago, there was nothing cheaper than what we paid and even when the Late Savers came out, if you included the OBC and parking, there was no significant difference. It depends how popular the cruise is. If you are talking Canaries, Baltic and Fjords, there are so many of those, that there tends to be big discounts.

A never ending question and debate.

We have done over 25 cruises and never paid either the brochure price or early bird specials etc. We have always booked late because we are flexible and have never been disappointed with the price we pay or the cabin we are allocate. We are not loyal to one brand, although there are some we wouldn't go back to.

It is a matter of choice, but having spoken to many other cruisers on board about this subject, there are more unhappy early bookers than late ones and I never boast about a price paid and will only divulge it if asked.

How can you possibly say that? Have you asked them all. I know loads of people who book early and we and they are totally happy with the price. If I wasn't I wouldn't book it!!

Of course I have not asked them all, I am just commenting on my findings on this subject.

Many people I have spoken to have no idea of the deals available via the internet because they are of a certain age and always book via a TA. They are very surprised when I tell them of the deals I have seen and booked.

I am not trying to provoke an argument, it is a matter of choice for you, who is obviously internet savvy and can decide accordingly. I have made friends of some couples who I have helped find a bargain and they are delighted with the savings.

I could go on and on but am happy that I have saved £1000's over my time enjoying the delights of cruising.