The Upsell Fairy Lives

ger_77

We are booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the Oct 27th Trans-Atlantic crossing, and booked what we know is a great inside cabin. It is very large (we had more real estate than our friends with an outside cabin), and it is in a great location.

Today we received an email from the "Upsell Fairy" with offers to upgrade to either an obstructed, regular ocean view, or verandah - at v-e-r-y attractive rates. Well, after a few minutes on the phone, we will now be sailing in a Verandah cabin as we see Spain, Portugal, and cross the Atlantic.

We are very happy!

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Me first:D;), then I'll send her to BC:p.

We have to ask the moderators to create a "Like" smilie! The Upsell Fairy has been to Saskatchewan, hopefully she'll head west with a stop in Alberta, then on to British Columbia. Let me know if she drops by!

Gerry

We have to ask the moderators to create a "Like" smilie! The Upsell Fairy has been to Saskatchewan, hopefully she'll head west with a stop in Alberta, then on to British Columbia. Let me know if she drops by!

Gerry

We are even on the same ship so super easy. Will let you know if she stops by:D.

We are even on the same ship so super easy. Will let you know if she stops by:D.

I thought maybe you were on the T/A with us, but had not registered on the roll call. Then I looked a little more closely and discovered you are sailing on Nov 16th - too bad, would have been nice to have met you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

I thought maybe you were on the T/A with us, but had not registered on the roll call. Then I looked a little more closely and discovered you are sailing on Nov 16th - too bad, would have been nice to have met you!

Smooth Sailing! )

Gerry

It would be nice to meet you as well. I couldn't get away from work during month end:rolleyes:and I'm pretty sure all those sea days would do me in:D. Leave the ship in one piece please:D;).

Today we received an email from the "Upsell Fairy" with offers to upgrade to either an obstructed, regular ocean view, or verandah - at v-e-r-y attractive rates. Well, after a few minutes on the phone, we will now be sailing in a Verandah cabin as we see Spain, Portugal, and cross the Atlantic.

Congratulations on the upsell. We got one last week too, a Cat H on the LP to a Vista suite on deck 6. We go this Saturday on the Volendam.

Congratulations to you both! Upsell fairies are so awesome, I hope everyone gets a visit.

Ger, Thank You, Thank You.

Somehow I read your post late last night before noticing the emerald e-mail from Seattle. First thing this morning I called. Same situation as yours.. Traded large interior in great location for sub-standard balcony in an even better (for us) spot. Feeling great about the "bargain", but it was a tougher decision than I expected, and happy I decided quickly because a couple hours later they all went poof.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It seems like they're doing this about a month before the sailing - I wonder if there's a chance it will happen on our cruise, which leaves Oct. 31.....

Would it be a good idea to mention to our TA that if she hears anything, we want to know?

Edited by Vict0riann

It seems like they're doing this about a month before the sailing - I wonder if there's a chance it will happen on our cruise, which leaves Oct. 31.....

Would it be a good idea to mention to our TA that if she hears anything, we want to know?

My TA plans to call on Monday 29 Sep.