From quest. A few thoughts

pacheco18

I think the friendliness of the crew on any ship has a lot to do with how you approach them. If you seem to have a chip on your shoulder or act like you do not want to be aboard they will avoid you. Just human nature.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

I know nothing about specialties

Did not try to eat there

No mold

Had two excellent buffets todY. Crew did bbq lunch and we had Italian buffet tonight

Only food fAilure IMO is bread and desserts. I kept the weight off. Lol

Disembark tomorrow and on to glorious Tuscany

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did the new O ship-year it came out. cabins were great. but hated the forward pool area for suite guests. poor design. .very hard to get into speciality restaurants at a good time of night. ship was dead after show but for a few in the dance club..

not done other small ships. hav e looked but found the dates never work with my life.

If I did Alaska again i would try a different ship just to say i sailed on her.. but i want the time in ports and really do ont want to pack formal clothes for there.

Edited by ellbon

If I did Alaska again i would try a different ship just to say i sailed on her.. but i want the time in ports and really do ont want to pack formal clothes for there.

We did a land + cruise to Alaska last month on the Coral Princess. It is certainly larger than Azamara but had a small ship feel. We did not take formal clothes and ate in the buffet once and a specialty restaurant once. The time in Juneau was too short but the other stops were longer.

Susan

We did a land + cruise to Alaska last month on the Coral Princess. It is certainly larger than Azamara but had a small ship feel. We did not take formal clothes and ate in the buffet once and a specialty restaurant once. The time in Juneau was too short but the other stops were longer.

Susan

Thanks Susan

Did princess in 06 and celebrity in 10.. Juneau was to short and we had a great sunny day. . in 2010 we had the hours but not the weather on my side.. saw a lot but never MT Roberts

yes thought that was the case. anyone have any experience of using either method?

we tend to get credit card purchases/charges billed in the country currency, if in Europe in euros if Switzerland in swiss francs etc. if on a ship billed in the currency of the ship.

can see no benefit with the ship wanting to determine 1 way or the other? but maybe missing something?

yes thought that was the case. anyone have any experience of using either method?

we tend to get credit card purchases/charges billed in the country currency, if in Europe in euros if Switzerland in swiss francs etc. if on a ship billed in the currency of the ship.

can see no benefit with the ship wanting to determine 1 way or the other? but maybe missing something?

Generally I have got a better rate by ticking the second box and leaving it in currency for the card company to convert. It does depend upon what card you use back home (not sure where you are) and the loading on the rate they apply and whether it's likely to be better than the Az rate. Might be worth checking with them. I use British Airways AMEX and know their rate isn't that great, but collect the miles and go with it. Probably doesn't make a huge difference unless you are spending a lot on the ship.

Phil

thanks will look into this further. we do not anticipate big spending on the ship we are not interested in extra alcohol drinks. maybe excursions cappuccino are included we think?

looking forward to the cruise.

All the info says get billed in the currency of the provider (in this case USD) then let your card convert it, unless your card charges an arm and a leg for conversion. Alternatively, get a card that doesn't charge for currency conversion. We have an Aqua card which we only use for foreign currency purchases which has no conversion charge and always gives great rates.

Hi Pickypicky,

If you scroll up to post #48 on this thread, Bonnie (Azamara's CBO) has confirmed that the MDR is open for breakfast. I'd hope that would put any concerns to rest.

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks so much, Andy. I am absolutely not concerned. I had read the posts confirming that the MDR was, in fact, open for breakfast and I thank everyone who responded. However, I wish that the OP would return to clarify what was obviously just an incorrect observation on her part. That would have been the answer to my query.

We did not attend the Azamazing Evening on our recent Quest cruise.

After guests had left the ship the MDR was open for dinner as usual. As it was a gloriously warm evening we chose to dine outside at the Sunset Bar. We loved the peace and the stupendous Georgian skyline.

Wow, in my opinion you missed a real highlight of the cruise. I agree Batumi was great and a real surprise package to me, but the dancers were truly Azamazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, in my opinion you missed a real highlight of the cruise. I agree Batumi was great and a real surprise package to me, but the dancers were truly Azamazing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly, Hazel and I did not go to the Azamazing Evening because I was feeling unwell. I had a long sleep and then we had a late dinner. The guests returning from the Azamazing evening all said how spectacular it was and I was sorry to have missed it. Another thing to note was there was absolutely no problem in us cancelling our attendance because I was unwell and no penalty had to be paid.

Batumi was a lovely port and a complete surprise to us as well.