246 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite class of ship?

• Sovereign Class
    • Vision Class
    • Radiance Class
    • Voyager Class
    • Freedom
    • Oasis

Voyager class. However, my ideal ship would be a Voyager class ship that also had a couple of features of the Oasis class, such as: the super large hot tubs with the tv sets above them; and the location of the Diamond Lounge above the Royal Promenade with a nice view of the goings on below; and last but not least - I would like my ideal ship to also have a Broadway style play!

Voyager class. However, my ideal ship would be a Voyager class ship that also had a couple of features of the Oasis class, such as: the super large hot tubs with the tv sets above them; and the location of the Diamond Lounge above the Royal Promenade with a nice view of the goings on below; and last but not least - I would like my ideal ship to also have a Broadway style play!

They say the DL is moving, I was a fan of the location as well. I liked the entrance as well, felt like you were entering a private club

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Which class is your favorite? Can you name something specific that you really enjoy about that class?

Part of choosing my next cruise was answering this question. I was awed and loved Freedom in 2008. The same for Allure in 2011. We went back on Allure in 2013 and my wife said Allure was her favorite. While I loved Allure, there are a couple of things I like better about Freedom but I need to refresh my memory. On Freedom I like the solarium and Windjammer better. After Freedom, I'm trying Oasis to see the differences for myself.

Voyager class for me as well. Royal Promenade and the dedicated nightclub. Now it looks like Freedom class will be my new favorite since Voyager class are ridding themselves of the Vault, Chamber, etc. I must say though, it took me along time to decide between Voyager and Radiance.

Voyager class for me as well. Royal Promenade and the dedicated nightclub. Now it looks like Freedom class will be my new favorite since Voyager class are ridding themselves of the Vault, Chamber, etc. I must say though, it took me along time to decide between Voyager and Radiance.

I believe Freedom is losing nightclub as well. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Radiance class by far, although I've not tried all of them. I choose first by itinerary. Fortunately, I prefer to cruise out of San Juan, which means I typically have two classes of ships from which to choose.

I found the Freedom class too large for my taste. LONG lines at the elevators. HUGE crowds at the major events. Really the only thing separating it from Voyager class was the FlowRider and the Boxing Ring (did anyone really use that??).

I like the smaller ship, more intimate atmosphere, outdoor Windjammer dining, ocean-view elevators and incredible solarium pool.

Given RCL's direction to GO HUGE or GO HOME, I'll likely eventually end up on Celebrity. I'm just not interested in the floating resort concept. I want my cruise to feel like a cruise, not a land-based resort. But to each his own!

I've been on all classes except Radiance (which I will be sailing on next year so my answer might change then). As of now, Liberty of the Seas is my favorite ship, so I will go with Freedom class. I like the separate H20 for the kids up top and the extra places on the Promenade over Voyager class. Oasis class was great, but it seemed to be a little more impersonal to me than Freedom class. That said, I would definitely sail Oasis class again, I can't wait to hear more about Oasis 3 and will likely try to book depending upon home port.

Vision class was great before Voyager/Freedom/Oasis. If there were a specific itinerary, I wouldn't hesitate to go on a Vision class again, but would probably prefer Radiance class, if available. Of course, that might change if I don't like the Serenade next year. I just can't imagine "not" liking a ship though.

Looks like bigger isn't always better, Radiance still holding 1st place with the votes. Sidenote: Why are Carnival cruisers posting what CCL ship they like in a Royal forum specifically asking about Royal ships? The mysteries of life....

Edited by Moltar