Allure Drydock 2015?

Okay so I have read on different threads on here that the Allure is going into drydock next year. I looked at the schedule and it will not be sailing from the end of April through the first part of May after the transatlantic, I would assume that is when the drydock will take place.

However I contacted Royal Caribbean just to inquire as to if it was definitely going to drydock next year because I cannot seem to find any solid evidence that it actually is.

Now I am well aware that the agents at our RCCL are not always correct LOL but the rep that I spoke to said the Allure was not going into dry dock until 2017?? Can anyone confirm at this point that it is definitely going to drydock next year? Thanks so much for any info!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Makes sense to me. There is quite a gap in their itineraries then.

That's what I thought as well but I have googled myself crazy and cannot seem to find any solid evidence that it is scheduled for drydock next year.

I was just hoping maybe someone had some link to share with me so that I could see that it is going to drydock for sure lol.

Yes, the Allure is going into dry dock after the TA cruise in April 2015. The only reason for the TA and the Med season is the dry dock. The Allure came out in 2010 and has to do her 5 year dry dock in 2015.

steamboats

That was my assumption as well but the RCCL rep claimed (after putting me on a lengthy hold to "check") that since the Allure went into dry-dock last year for repairs to the propulsion system that she wouldn't be returning to dry-dock until 2017. That's why I'm confused now lol.

Anyone know for sure??:confused:

The Royal Caribbean rep was wrong, which is not surprising, unfortunately... The only reason Allure is going over to Europe in the first place is because of the dry dock. The Oasis is over in Europe now for a dry dock and that is exactly what they will be doing with Allure, except she will be there for the whole season (unlike Oasis).

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The Royal Caribbean rep was wrong, which is not surprising, unfortunately... The only reason Allure is going over to Europe in the first place is because of the dry dock. The Oasis is over in Europe now for a dry dock and that is exactly what they will be doing with Allure, except she will be there for the whole season (unlike Oasis).

I concur. The Allure will sail a full summer season in Europe and dry dock in Rotterdam before returning to Ft. Lauderdale. I am booked on the first full 7 day itinerary on Allure Nov. 8, 2015 after her return to the US.

I concur. The Allure will sail a full summer season in Europe and dry dock in Rotterdam before returning to Ft. Lauderdale. I am booked on the first full 7 day itinerary on Allure Nov. 8, 2015 after her return to the US.

Wrong way round. The Allure will dry dock in May 2015 after her T/A West to East before a full season in Europe followed by the T/A back to the US.

Will DD be offered on Allure after dry dock? I was looking at an Allure cruise in June 2015 and traditional dining is still be offered.

Royal's website says DD launces for sailings starting April 2015. Your traditional dining will probably go poof.

Edited by clarea

Wrong way round. The Allure will dry dock in May 2015 after her T/A West to East before a full season in Europe followed by the T/A back to the US.

I was only agreeing that Allure will do a full season in Europe and dry dock in Rotterdam. I was not specifying wether the dry dock was first and then the summer season.

Edited by Eng23

Was thinking of sailing a few weeks before she goes into drydock. Would any of you avoid sailing at that time? Concerns include: disinterested staff, early refurbishment, or worn out/unpaired items. Sailed on this great ship a few years back and had a fantastic experience but concerned about the drydock news. That being said I would've loved to try DD and see a different broadway show. Thanks for the advice.

Was thinking of sailing a few weeks before she goes into drydock. Would any of you avoid sailing at that time? Concerns include: disinterested staff, early refurbishment, or worn out/unpaired items. Sailed on this great ship a few years back and had a fantastic experience but concerned about the drydock news. That being said I would've loved to try DD and see a different broadway show. Thanks for the advice.

I'm wondering the same thing. Allure is one of our options for Mar/Apr 2015.

We're looking forward to our Allure sailing about 2 weeks after the 2015 Dry Dock for several reasons:

1) Updated and new onboard decor/features

2) Hopefully the high speed Internet service (O3b) will be installed & operational

3) Dining options - we didn't really care for dynamic dining earlier this year but will adapt to the new format in the MDR

4) Option dining locations

5) Our D1 hump balcony (and views)

6) Sailing from the Barcelona port

7) The itinerary itself - including ports and excursions

We're looking forward to our Allure sailing about 2 weeks after the 2015 Dry Dock for several reasons:

3) Dining options - we didn't really care for dynamic dining earlier this year but will adapt to the new format in the MDR

??? DD earlier this year?? Edited by FLACRUISER99

That was my assumption as well but the RCCL rep claimed (after putting me on a lengthy hold to "check") that since the Allure went into dry-dock last year for repairs to the propulsion system that she wouldn't be returning to dry-dock until 2017. That's why I'm confused now lol.

Unfortunately, the sales crew at RCCL are not dialed into the technical department. The "drydock" that Allure had for the pod repair was not a total drydock (i.e. the ship was not completely out of the water, just the pods were in cofferdam), and the timeline was limited to just the pod repairs, so that wouldn't reset the drydock clock. A five year drydocking requires inspection of not only things like pods and thrusters, but painting the hull below the waterline, and inspection of the inside of sea water piping, which can only be done when the ship is out of the water. There is no drydock in the Western Hemisphere (at least one that is available for commercial ship repair, or that doesn't require a Panama Canal transit) that can lift the Oasis and Allure out of the water, so they have to go to Europe every 5 years to drydock.

That's what I thought as well but I have googled myself crazy and cannot seem to find any solid evidence that it is scheduled for drydock next year.

I was just hoping maybe someone had some link to share with me so that I could see that it is going to drydock for sure lol.

At the Captain's corner in May of last year they mentioned that Oasis was going in 2014 and Allure in 2015. Not sure if Oasis' propulsion problems some time ago changed that. Oasis is 5 years old in 2015 if that is significant.