Has anyone tried getting happy hour drinks for kids (Diamond)?

jmrothermel

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know (or has anyone tried) to use the kids cards during the Diamond Happy Hour Vouchers (the new three drink perk)? Not for an alcoholic drink obviously, but my kids like to enjoy a soda or Shirley temple on occasion. I thought that would be perfect if they could order one during the happy hour with their card. I know they can have one in the CL as we're in a suite, but would by nice say during a show as well. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jmrothermel

Thanks guys! I was told by C&A that there are vouchers loaded onto their cards, and they are allowed "age appropriate" drinks. I figured I would ask here for real life trials of this, because you know how every person at RC can have a different answer. 😂

How old are your kids that they are Diamond already? Ours were Diamond early (young) too. :)

I'm confused by your question... kids can be Diamond after their first cruise if their parents are Diamond. So I suppose 6 months would be the youngest possible Diamond member.

I have to say that seems unfair to me. It's easy enough to see from the card that a kid is being served so why shouldn't they be able to have drinks loaded on their cards and be served non-alcoholic drinks.

When our kids were younger - and Diamond - it would have been great to be able to have the vouchers at happy hour. I am also aware that it's at the discretion of the D Concierge whether kids are allowed into the D lounge and I have certainly witnessed occasions where other members made it clear they were not happy for kids to be in there - this happened most recently on Oasis when a family were made to feel uncomfortable because they brought their (well-behaved) kids into the D lounge. Surely the ability to have vouchers on the kids cards would have alleviated the problem.

If they are diamond they are loaded on their card also

Is this reply from experience? Both our kids are diamond in their own right and I wondered if the new system allowed them to have the drink vouchers loaded onto their seapass cards? I'll be able to confirm for definite whether this happens on Indy when we sail on her next month ;).

Great, thank you! Now, what is "age appropriate"? Obviously, no alcohol a but besides a Shirley temple / soda / water are there any "mocktails" or what else can kids order?

Just a guess but since adults are limited to what is available in the DL (e.g., no blender drinks) that would probably hold true for kids as well.

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know (or has anyone tried) to use the kids cards during the Diamond Happy Hour Vouchers (the new three drink perk)? Not for an alcoholic drink obviously, but my kids like to enjoy a soda or Shirley temple on occasion. I thought that would be perfect if they could order one during the happy hour with their card. I know they can have one in the CL as we're in a suite, but would by nice say during a show as well. Thanks in advance!

Yes they get the drink vouchers also but like in the lounge are age appropriate only

Do you actually have direct experience with this?

Carmen posted this yesterday:

Cookies (shortbread, 12 pieces in that bag) for us on the last two cruises in August and September (first Emerald, second Diamond) plus the two bottles of water. No almonds.

BTW our DD is a little pissed off... on the Majesty she didn´t even get the information sheet for the completely worthless kids´ coupon nor did she receive the kids´ present. On the Oasis she was angry as she didn´t even get a soda during the cocktail hour. Current kids´ coupons:

25% off any coffee beverage purchase (hmm, imagine a toddler buying a double espresso at Starbucks)

10% off nay Y-Spa treatment

10% off any internet package

10$ bonus credit when you purchase 15$ in arcade credits

25$ bonus credit when you purchase 50$ in arcade credits

BOGO movie rental in your stateroom

3$ off any Pets @ Sea package (hmm, that´s gone from all RCI ships, maybe they should update this...)

steamboats

How does the concierge have discretion re: whether to allow children access to the diamond lounge if the kid has diamond status? Particularly if truly earned by the kid?

The question is whether the child has access during the nightly cocktail hour. In the past, children were not allowed during that time. However, that seems to be another rule not being enforced anymore.

This was not the case for our two teens on Oasis last month. (well, one had a soda package, but we asked about the other and were told no). I fully admit that the couple of times she wanted a soda, I gave her one from my coupons. She is Diamond--I figure a Diamond voucher ought to be able to be used on her.

No, kids dodn´t have the drink vouchers!

We had to change our DD Seapass Card with the Loyality Ambassador as we moved up to Diamond only three nights before our Oasis TA. She gave us the information card for the cocktail hour but didn´t mention anything about our daughter. And when you look up the C&A benefits, there´s no difference regarding the kids´ benefits for all C&A statuses. The cocktail hour is only mentioned for the adults. All kids´ vouchers are completely worthless (and no drink vouchers mentioned on the information sheet for the kids).

Our DD was able to go into the Diamond Club (card worked). But she wasn´t allowed to go into the Cocktail Hour venues (Jazz on 4 and Blaze). She once was allowed in when she explained that she was searching for us.

The only free soda she got was one I ordered with my coupons.

steamboats

BTW our DD is Diamond on her own (at the age of 14) - same cruises as we have.