Faxing proof of stock ownership

liketraveling

We have faxed 7 times now, the most recent last week. They ask for a partial brokerage account number, like the last 4 or 5 numbers. And then the page with your CCL stock listed, which also has the same brokerage number on that page. It should be identifiable as your brokerage account, (with your name and address visible) and an actual brokerage firm (letterhead). Pretty easy.

Most everything else, like any dollar figures (other than your CCL stock) can be blocked out. We actually black ours out, knowing a fax usually makes the black totally black, but whiting out probably works well too.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Make a copy of your account info with the whiteouts AND of the confirmation you receive and take both with you on the cruise. Go to the Front Desk on your first day and make sure that the OBC shows up in your folio. If there's a problem, they should be able to sort it out before you get off the ship.

Don't ask me how I know this....................

We also block out the account number as we use the brokerage dated letterhead account summary and the other holdings listed on that page. Only things left visible are the CCL stock, the brokerage company name, etc., the date, and our names and address. We send via email to our TA who then handles everything via email with HAL. So much easier and cheaper (as no home line) than faxing. Have done this for years and only issue we have ever had was we had used a copy of last year's paperwork for our upcoming cruise and HAL called to say they now require something dated within the past 6 months.

Edited by take us away

We also block out the account number as we use the brokerage dated letterhead account summary and the other holdings listed on that page. Only things left visible are the CCL stock, the brokerage company name, etc., the date, and our names and address. We send via email to our TA who then handles everything via email with HAL. So much easier and cheaper (as no home line) than faxing. Have done this for years and only issue we have ever had was we had used a copy of last year's paperwork for our upcoming cruise and HAL called to say they now require something dated within the past 6 months.

Just an FYI - HAL now requests that proof of stock ownership be faxed or snail mailed. They actually do not even post an e:mail address for such requests. Others will say they have successfully e:mailed, but I prefer to fax as instructed.

I keep a cruise file that includes a copy of the proxy ballot (without the votes showing) and the stockholder benefit page in the annual report and fax those immediately (no white out) after booking the cruise. About a week later I have my TA check to see that the credit is on the record.

That way the cruise line can check directly to be sure we had, and still have, the stock without dealing with my broker.

Edited by Host Walt

This is the first time using my stock for OBC.

Those that have faxed in their statements, have you whited out other shares of stocks that you own?

Thanks,

I own stock to invest I will buy before the cruise from cash reserves and after I finish the cruise sell it so I wont loose too much.

CCL, Hollands parent company has lost 25% over the past year while others have grown 28% !!!!... it is not where a prudent investor looks to growth compared to the myriad of other market sectors and stocks. Don't forget the buy and sell commission even on the discounts...... it sounds great but it truly benefits the company not you

Investing is serious not to be taken lightly Getting $100 or so back is on board buying where the ship is actually only giving away $20-25

I own stock to invest I will buy before the cruise from cash reserves and after I finish the cruise sell it so I wont loose too much.

CCL, Hollands parent company has lost 25% over the past year while others have grown 28% !!!!... it is not where a prudent investor looks to growth compared to the myriad of other market sectors and stocks. Don't forget the buy and sell commission even on the discounts...... it sounds great but it truly benefits the company not you

Investing is serious not to be taken lightly Getting $100 or so back is on board buying where the ship is actually only giving away $20-25

CCL stock is currently yielding about 2.6% in dividends (it was over 3% when I bought mine), so buying and holding onto it makes sense to me. That way I do not get whipped by the buy and sell commissions, plus even 2.6% is more than I get in the bank. If you want more yield, you can also sell a "covered call" on your shares and make 4-6% more while you hold it - talk to your broker about this approach.

DaveOKC

and it has dropped a lot since then but I've gotten several thousand back in OBCs as well as $100+ a year for my reinvested stock. Why would you buy and sell your shares every time you plan a cruise?

Agree, this sounds a bit silly. The 52 week range is 31.44 to 42.31. Today looks like a close around 39.15 or so. Not seeing a 25% drop anywhere there. It is actually up approximately 30% over the last calendar year. It isn't even down 10% off it's 52 week high, and we have seen some serious volatility in the last few days, with the possibility of a correction being very real.

Yes, investing is serious business. Depending on your financial situation, 100 shares can be a serious investment. On the other hand, for us 100 shares of CCL is a fun investment with some enjoyable rewards. You can have fun investing!

Agree, this sounds a bit silly. The 52 week range is 31.44 to 42.31. Today looks like a close around 39.15 or so. Not seeing a 25% drop anywhere there. It is actually up approximately 30% over the last calendar year. It isn't even down 10% off it's 52 week high, and we have seen some serious volatility in the last few days, with the possibility of a correction being very real.

Yes, investing is serious business. Depending on your financial situation, 100 shares can be a serious investment. On the other hand, for us 100 shares of CCL is a fun investment with some enjoyable rewards. You can have fun investing!

We own, and are holding for the foreseeable future, 100 shares each of CCL and RCI both for investment and OBC purposes. Yes, the share prices fluctuate but they generally follow the leisure sector more than the Dow or any other index.

Edited by Host Walt

We've owned our shares since 2011. With reinvestments, we have increased our shares by 25%. If we cruise twice a year, OBC can approach $400-$500, plus a very modest dividend. We also paid $32/share so we are really ahead of the game, IMHO. I always tell my financial advisor, "Don't touch my CCL!" :D

If you cruise on one of Carnival's company lines (Carnival, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, Cunard and others), at least once a year, owning CCL stock is a great investment.

Based on a $40 stock price, you earn 2.5% ($1.00 per share) in dividends and likely at least another 2.5% if you take a 7-13 day cruise (based on owning 100 shares). A 14 day or longer cruise bumps this to 6.25%!!

Do the math - one 7 day cruise = 5% return, while a 14 day nets you 8.75%. Now, if you cruise twice a year (or more) the numbers really add up. What kind of return are you getting on your money now?? Few places to earn 5% plus. Remember though, dividend payouts can increase or decrease, so that is not guaranteed.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

I hate to tell you but I absolutely and completely disagree with both your analysis and your recommendation.

We own 102 shares of Carnival stock that we bought in 2008 for around 38. It is now around 39.

We average over $1,000.00 each year in rebates as well as $100 in dividends.

I’d like you to show me any other reasonably stable investment that yields this kind of return i.e. $1,100 each year for a $4,000 investment with the capital remaining the constant.

An interesting aside here is the first time I came across an investment of this type. It was over 50 years ago when I was an undergraduate engineering student at Rensselaer Polytech in upstate New York. I enjoyed skiing in Vermont on the weekends and there was one large ski area that needed money to put in an additional chair lift, so they sold bonds. The $1,000 bonds carried around a 5% yearly dividend but much more importantly, they offered complementary free skiing privileges to bond holders. So since a season pass at this ski area was $245.00 a year, the total yearly return of $245 in skiing plus $50 in interest was definitely worthwhile. I kept the bond for several years until I graduated, then sold it and moved on.

Scott & Karen

We've owned our shares since 2011. With reinvestments' date=' we have increased our shares by 25%. If we cruise twice a year, OBC can approach $400-$500, plus a very modest dividend. We also paid $32/share so we are really ahead of the game, IMHO. [b']I always tell my financial advisor, "Don't touch my CCL!"[/b] :D

Me, too! Our advisor retired and we sat down with a new guy to go over our investments. He said "Why do you have CCL stock?" I explained about the OBC "dividends," so he knows that stock is a keeper for us.

I've never blacked out nor whited out anything before I've faxed it.

You really should. You have no way of knowing who in Seattle sees your info.

This is the first time using my stock for OBC.

Those that have faxed in their statements, have you whited out other shares of stocks that you own?

Thanks,

I use a black marker to block other shares of stocks

We also block out the account number as we use the brokerage dated letterhead account summary and the other holdings listed on that page. Only things left visible are the CCL stock, the brokerage company name, etc., the date, and our names and address. We send via email to our TA who then handles everything via email with HAL. So much easier and cheaper (as no home line) than faxing. Have done this for years and only issue we have ever had was we had used a copy of last year's paperwork for our upcoming cruise and HAL called to say they now require something dated within the past 6 months.[/quote]

We get a statement once a month from our broker..I block out all the other stocks plus our account number before faxing the latest statement..

If you cruise on one of Carnival's company lines (Carnival, Holland, Princess, Seabourn, Cunard and others), at least once a year, owning CCL stock is a great investment.

Based on a $40 stock price, you earn 2.5% ($1.00 per share) in dividends and likely at least another 2.5% if you take a 7-13 day cruise (based on owning 100 shares). A 14 day or longer cruise bumps this to 6.25%!!

Do the math - one 7 day cruise = 5% return, while a 14 day nets you 8.75%. Now, if you cruise twice a year (or more) the numbers really add up. What kind of return are you getting on your money now?? Few places to earn 5% plus. Remember though, dividend payouts can increase or decrease, so that is not guaranteed.

DaveOKC

Completely agree!

We purchased our CCL stock in 2009 for $18.24 a share..So far we've collected $1600 in OBC's plus $415 in dividends..So this stock has more than paid for itself with the brokerage fee..

Only regrets are: we delayed purchasing it for years & only bought 100 shares..;) LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks every one!

I blocked everything that needed to be blocked out and faxed it over to HAL. An hour later I received a e mail from HAL stating that the OBC Credit had been credited to my reservation and would be credited to my account once onboard. Checked my reservation and the OBC credit was there.

Thanks,

Edited by liketraveling

Do you ever get a confirmation from the fax? It's been a while since I sailed on a CCL Corp cruise line and always used to get an email confirmation. As I've no longer a fax machine (so last century!) I used a web2fax service and am slightly nervous as to whether it actually got there.