letter to captain

Yes, I am sure it's the captain in need to email.... Do you have the address for miami? How do I know which captain will be on rotation at that time to know whom to address? Thanks!

Corporate Guest Relations

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

Yes, I am sure it's the captain in need to email.... Do you have the address for miami? How do I know which captain will be on rotation at that time to know whom to address? Thanks!

It should be Captain Rune Johnsen. Not sure if they have time to reply to individual request unless you know them. All Captains also have a secretary /assistant on board for office duties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Must be something very important.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, what do they want to discuss, navigation routes? I'm only asking because it might be more something they should ask the CD about, like arranging for something to happen during the cruise. Oh well, OP, you don't have to answer, of course, I'm just thinking some of us here might be able to answer your question without it going to the captain. Oh well, Happy Cruising! :)

Edited to add:OP has only been on CC for a month, that's why I'm thinking they might be barking up the wrong tree with the Captain. This may be their first cruise and they don't know how things work. Apologies to OP if this is not true, I'm not being snarky, just confused.

Edited by maureencruiser

That's what I'm trying to figure out, what do they want to discuss, navigation routes? I'm only asking because it might be more something they should ask the CD about, like arranging for something to happen during the cruise. Oh well, OP, you don't have to answer, of course, I'm just thinking some of us here might be able to answer your question without it going to the captain. Oh well, Happy Cruising! :)

Edited to add:OP has only been on CC for a month, that's why I'm thinking they might be barking up the wrong tree with the Captain. This may be their first cruise and they don't know how things work. Apologies to OP if this is not true, I'm not being snarky, just confused.

Maybe she wants to ask to dine with him one evening. She has several posts asking about this.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you don't mind, I would love to know what you are contacting the captain about. :confused:

Sounds a little stalker-ish .... kinda creepy at how insistent this person is being ... :confused:

I bet she has a Captain fetish !

Edited by F27TW

Unless you are a friend of the captain, I would leave the captain alone. Do not make any requests of him. Cruise director, hotel manager; that's a different story.

If you do not already have his personal email or phone number, leave him alone.

Unless you are a friend of the captain, I would leave the captain alone. Do not make any requests of him. Cruise director, hotel manager; that's a different story.... If you do not already have his personal email or phone number, leave him alone.

I would agree with you.

Unless someone already knows the Captain personally, there are others who may be contacted instead, IMO. From what I've read, this is her first cruise, also; she may not know the protocol.

Well, I suppose he may be attempting to ask about a bridge tour. There has been discussion here in the past about people expressing an interest, and sending a note to the captain. I can't imagine any other reason. :confused:

Maybe she wants to ask to dine with him one evening. She has several posts asking about this.

See, that's what I mean, you wouldn't write a letter to the captain about this. Or a bridge tour or proposing to the girlfriend. A new cruiser might not realize the Captain isn't the person you see out and about on the ship, interacting with the passengers. :)

A new cruiser might not realize the Captain isn't the person you see out and about on the ship, :)

Which is exactly why people should be a little nicer and a little more forgiving than just bashing her and calling her a stalker, strange, "nuts" etc and so forth.

Oh wait, nevermind, this is CC and more specifically the Royal Caribbean forum. I should have known better.

See, that's what I mean, you wouldn't write a letter to the captain about this. Or a bridge tour or proposing to the girlfriend. A new cruiser might not realize the Captain isn't the person you see out and about on the ship, interacting with the passengers. :)

Sure he is. Haven't you ever watched "The Love Boat"?? :D;)

I of course agree but will also give the OP the benefit of the doubt as a new cruiser as to their motive. Maybe they will return and provide the reason for those curious to know as it is an unusual thing to do.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Actually my brothers, sister and I are trying to do something special for my mom. None of us are crazy or nuts. We were trying to secretly see without her knowing if we could invite captain to have dinner with our family one night in a restaurant. My mom has cancer and she may not be able to do much in ports and thought this might be a nice treat for her, as it seemed unlikely we might get invite f4rom. Captn to have dinner and all since there are 4 of us kids. Amazing how people can jump to conclusions without knowing and saying we are stalking... that's crazy... I was just looking to get a little help!

Actually my brothers, sister and I are trying to do something special for my mom. None of us are crazy or nuts. We were trying to secretly see without her knowing if we could invite captain to have dinner with our family one night in a restaurant. My mom has cancer and she may not be able to do much in ports and thought this might be a nice treat for her, as it seemed unlikely we might get invite f4rom. Captn to have dinner and all since there are 4 of us kids. Amazing how people can jump to conclusions without knowing and saying we are stalking... that's crazy... I was just looking to get a little help!

GOOD FOR YOU.

We have had dinner with many captains and there are some who might just accept your invitation.

Do keep in mind that these captains are human beings…good men/women, son/daughters, and brothers/sisters. They just happen to be in a job position of "driving" a huge ship. That doesn't make them any less human or any less caring. They all have/had moms and they all have a special spot for that honorable position.

At my stage in life, most captains are the age of our son.

Our favorite captain picks his own passengers for his table and would probably enjoy inviting your mom or might even have dinner with all of you in a speciality restaurant. He is one of the finest men that we know on land or on sea.

Yes, there is a protocol. Your quest is no less nobel because of it. Good luck to you.

Out of curiosity, on what ship is she sailing?

Edited by beachnative