Best drinks to order with Diamond coupons?

barb3246

This is our first cruise since becoming Diamond, and we will be on the Allure next month. Any suggestions on good drinks to order in the Diamond Lounge? Neither of us are big drinkers (he - beer, me - wine, we both like frozen drinks like pina coladas) so we really don't know what else to order and we'd like to try some new things since they will be free!

From a list placed in rooms, for the Grandeur D lounge:

Lemon Drop

Whiskey Sour

Cosmo

Manhattan

Gin/Vodka Tonic

Rum Punch

Wine Spritzer

Martini

Bloody Mary

Jack and Coke

Screwdriver

Cuba Libre

Tequila Sunrise

Margarita

Long Island Ice Tea

Long Beach Ice Tea

While valid for Grandeur only, it is a good representation of what might be expected in a lounge.

BTW, my brother got this list on a recent sailing. He said that it only held for the D lounge (he is not eligible for CL), but was NOT valid for the voucher bars, where they would only do the more simple mixes.

I will be Diamond in December and I stay away from alcohol. It just lists "nonalcoholic" drinks on the link. Is that sodas? Tomato juice? Milkshake at JR?

Do I have to be the one to consume the drink or can I just give them away?:)

No milkshakes at JR. Sodas and any non-blender alcoholic drink minus the alcohol, such as a virgin bloody mary.

Edited by clarea

I just returned from the Allure 4 days ago and they also will make vodka and pineapple juice, as well as vodka and orange juice.

Some bars used Finlandia, while others used Absolute. Always top shelf, and I suppose you can request a certain brand if you have a preference.

In Boleros, the bartender made us a sangria for the diamond drink, but it sucked. It was just wine with some of the decorative fruits (cherry, lemon, etc) mixed in. Nice he did it, and I tipped him, but it didn't taste like a real sangria, so we didn't request it again.

Is the Diamond event on the Explorer being held in the VCL?

Is it true that you now can order from the regular Diamond Club menu? so also whiskey, rum, vodka etc?

We just came off the Explorer last week and the Diamond Event was held in the card room on Deck 14 and you could get Diamond drinks not just wine and beer. I got a lemon drop.

The 19th hole was only for suite people. No one was in the Viking Crown Lounge.

We just came off the Explorer last week and the Diamond Event was held in the card room on Deck 14 and you could get Diamond drinks not just wine and beer. I got a lemon drop.

On our Explorer cruise in August, the Diamond event was in the Deck 5 lounge (I forget what it's called on the Explorer - Maharajas?). I would think that was because of the 200+ Diamonds on our cruise.

What's interesting, though, is that although we are Diamond Plus, we never got any notification of the Diamond Event. We stumbled upon it by accident once. The letter we had (which was addressed to Diamond Plus members) only mentioned the Concierge Lounge. I did notice that the Suite event was in the 19th hole, so I wonder if they were trying to intentionally spread folks out.

And to answer the OP's question, I'm a fan of Bailey's on the rocks for my Diamond drink. :)

Edited by windjamming
typos galore

Thanks. Most probably there weren't that many Diamond members onboard.

Edited by Topo Gigio

So if I'm hearing this right, people were able to get the regular mixed drinks as served in a diamond lounge at the diamond event on the Explorer without using the three that are on your card? You were not limited to wine , champagne or soda? Correct???