LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

After more Tapas and stopping for some bottles of water, we were back on board.

14966546104_52ceb0e9c2_z.jpg

All of Vigo turned out to see us off. It was the most amazing thing we have seen through all of our years of cruising

15588125802_5ce93a76b4_z.jpg

15584627531_b9050457f3_z.jpg

15563601856_49a563c44b_z.jpg

15584625311_aaed3fa65e_z.jpg

15400666079_39e0d09d31_z.jpg

Good bye Vigo

Now that I am almost caught up, starting tomorrow, I will be posting deck by deck pictures of all of the changes.

15401887320_f37efaab14_o.jpg

15563810446_84cf354042_c.jpg

Door to new Royal Suite, a lot for noise and awful welding smell coming from there.

15588333762_9abf4d06bb_c.jpg

New Royal Suite 1701 balcony. I hope they frost the railing glass or there will be no privacy.

15584848691_90c731f772_c.jpg

New Galley for Coastal Kitchen

15584835331_b091b33634_c.jpg

The Suite Lounge has free cocktails from 11am - 11pm for suite guests. At 5:30, they welcome Diamond Plus and above for cocktails till 8:30 pm like a Concierge lounge. I'm not sure if this will change for normal Caribbean sailings. You are not supposed to take drinks out of the lounge during the day.

14967339933_e1d4c9ea2f_z.jpg

15584836651_96688c881f_z.jpg

15563809666_d3e3f22a70_z.jpg

15401375038_005c5964c2_z.jpg

14967342313_0937248ce6_z.jpg

The Suite Lounge has free cocktails from 11am - 11pm for suite guests. At 5:30, they welcome Diamond Plus and above for cocktails till 8:30 pm like a Concierge lounge. I'm not sure if this will change for normal Caribbean sailings. You are not supposed to take drinks out of the lounge during the day.

14967339933_e1d4c9ea2f_z.jpg

15584836651_96688c881f_z.jpg

15563809666_d3e3f22a70_z.jpg

15401375038_005c5964c2_z.jpg

14967342313_0937248ce6_z.jpg

Will pinnacles be able to use the suite lounge during the day or are they limited to evenings?

Great pictures...really appreciate the time you are taking to do this. One question..are the security card access glass doors, separating the loft suites from the elevator lobby, still in place?

Yes - but the door is usually open for the construction workers

We retraced our steps and headed back home to Lady O.

Ask we scanned our Sea Pass cards guess what happened....More Alarms!!!!!

This time the "kind" security guard said we were being denied boarding and actually expected us to leave the ship. OK THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!! I have had it now - in a full New York attitude I told him to get on this radio and/or phone to engage the appropriate people, to get this sorted out. We were not leaving to ship. It took over an hour to resolve it.

And this is why I never get a suite on Royal, you get the same crap service as any other cabin! Unbelievable, an hour?! I would not have been happy, I'm sorry this happened to you.

But, I'm very glad that you've posted these photos...I love that you've included them in the thread and the great descriptions. So much better than a pile of photos with no context! I really have a great idea about the changes on Oasis from your photos!

Great review, hope you enjoy your cruise and I look forward to seeing more!

Thank you so much for all your hand work during your holiday!

I was supposed to be on this cruise, so it's nice to travel vicariously thru you!

I'm sorry you've been having all these problems, I hope things work out and that you will be enjoying the rest of your cruise!

This is making me very nervous about our cruise on Freedom 5 weeks after her dry dock is done. Lets hope things will go smoother for us!

May the seas calm down for you soon!

Cheryl

will ask tomorrow

Coudl you also ask please, are Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge open to JS or only full suites? Thankyou

Loving your review - DH & I were booked on this voyage but had to postpone due to work committments. We're now on the Allure TA next year, but I'm very jealous of you right now! :)

I just got an email saying that there is an arcade on the boardwalk now. Did they get rid of something in order to put that in?

The Arcade replaced the Smile Novelty Photos Photo Studio.

Coudl you also ask please, are Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge open to JS or only full suites?

According to all written information by RCI the Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen is Grand Suite and above and Pinnacle only. D+ are only allowed in for the TA (due to the large amount of D+). On the Quantum Coastal Kitchen is for JS too.

steamboats

Would you be able to find out whether (as reported on another thread by steamboats) the Concierge Lounge will disappear altogether after the construction of Wonderland on deck 11. I have heard from someone else who is currently on the ship that there will be a CL once the work has been finished.

(Note to steamboats - I do realise that your DH has said there will be no CL but would be interested to hear from someone else who is onboard and has access to the concierge :) )

(Note to steamboats - I do realise that your DH has said there will be no CL but would be interested to hear from someone else who is onboard and has access to the concierge :) )

Sure it would be nice to get any kind of confirmation from a second source!

steamboats

Day 4 was another rock and roll - Biscay style day

Here is the line to enter Studio B for the Meet & Mingle

The Pink Boa's were out in force.

15573695661_9b1497aa02_z.jpg

Activities Manager Michelle did a nice job running the event and giving out gifts. Studio B is not the best venue for an M&M, but the event was still fun.

There we are with our Pink Boa Cruiser banner and banner I had many sign who were on this journey.

Will have to take time to read through this wonderful thread when I get home right now off to Loyalty Ambassador to book another :) :)

There we are with our Pink Boa Cruiser banner and banner I had many sign who were on this journey.

Will have to take time to read through this wonderful thread when I get home right now off to Loyalty Ambassador to book another :) :)

What is Wendy doing......lol :)

Hi kcjarvis- I think you were on our 5 night Liberty Of The Seas cruise during the time that Sandy hit the NE, weren't you? Sounds like there are a lot of issues on this TA..I will be on the 5 nighter 10/27 when you guys get back...question for anybody: How is the WIFI & Internet Cafe working out? Any better since you left? I read there were connection & speed issues earlier...too bad there's no more "RC ONLINE" room like on all the other RCI ships where you can just use their PC's..I hate having to bring anything extra to communicate ( I don't, but others in our group will..)...we still don't know who the HEADLINER will be on 10/27...can anyone try & find out please?? Thanks & hope all gets better!!

Big Al

Then it was time for the Cabin Crawl - Here is our coordinator Mick

15390894970_b5c32dc91f_z.jpg

Here is our plan

15389976689_28d8341d25_z.jpg

There was a huge crowd

15390504437_54815d6236_z.jpg

And we are off

15390502747_7e24d58340_z.jpg

Here are 18 people in a Grand Suite

15552815396_62900f7f54_z.jpg

The Grand Suite looked familiar as I check it was the one I had in March of this year.....LOL

Karen

I understand there is an arcade now on the boardwalk (which my kids are thrilled to hear!) but we are also wondering if Royal kept the other arcade up on the sports deck. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums