LIVE REVIEW - OASIS TRANSATLANTIC with Pictures

Kcjarvis

In where? I am gold and going on OOS 11/15

Gold cards are for those in suites or Pinnacle C & A members. Gold C & A members have a regular card. Which gold are you referring to? The post you quoted was reeferring to the cards, not status, being allowed in the suites lounge and Coastal Kitchen.

Thanks for taking us along with you. If you get a chance I'd love to see pics of the new aft GS balconies. I know the cabins are "under construction" but any info you can find/see is greatly appreciated. :)

Appreciate your commentary and pics and hoping for a couple of pics of the new aft GS balconies. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Dear god they did not misspell Hibachi on the door did they? Please tell me there is an alternate spelling.

OMG - they totally misspelled it! There's no alternate spelling. Too funny! I wonder how long it takes to fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OMG - they totally misspelled it! There's no alternate spelling. Too funny! I wonder how long it takes to fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anybody over a certain age remembers from decades ago Japanese products being sent over here with English instructions written by Japanese technical writers who didn't really know English. Still lives on.:D

Anyways I still love these two reviews and we will be getting on the ship Jan 15th with 2 other couples. Hopefully most of the kinks will be worked out.

Are they still selling the cupcakes elsewhere?

Yes, everything is in the Ice Cream Parlor (referred as Cups & Scoops)

Are they giving any internet specials now that the speeds have changed and you can do so much with your phone interactive? We go on the 1st.

O3B system won´t be up and running until December. So no speed increase. They do offer packages (flat for full cruise one or two devices at a time, 24 hours or 60 min).

steamboats

Nice job Ken, have you tried Sabor, any comments?

My DH has tried out Sabor and liked it. He went with the 20 Dollar menu but recommends to order single dishes as it really was a lot of food which would have fed two. For pictures check here.

Habachi / hibachi... actually I do get a lot of hits in google by searching for habachi. From the US RCI website:

"Japanese grill specialties at Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, now on Deck 4" :D

steamboats

Would you be able to find out whether (as reported on another thread by steamboats) the Concierge Lounge will disappear altogether after the construction of Wonderland on deck 11. I have heard from someone else who is currently on the ship that there will be a CL once the work has been finished.

There's such a flurry of activity on this thread - and you're doing such a great job posting pics and info and responding to questions. I'm not sure if you missed my question above so am reposting it. Appreciate your help. :)

Nice job Ken, have you tried Sabor, any comments?

The people working the 411 line didn't seem to have a clue, ha

Thanks, went there last night. It was surprisingly good. Pics later today

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There's such a flurry of activity on this thread - and you're doing such a great job posting pics and info and responding to questions. I'm not sure if you missed my question above so am reposting it. Appreciate your help. :)

Sorry missed it. Not to much info, but rumors have said Wonderland will be on the upstairs portion of the CL.

I think I have answered all of the posted questions. If there are anymore please feel free to ask. I am also taking pic requests. No luck getting near the new GS suites though....sorry

I think I have answered all of the posted questions. If there are anymore please feel free to ask. I am also taking pic requests. No luck getting near the new GS suites though....sorry

Thanks for all your work on this, it has been really helpful seeing pictures of the new areas! :D

Along that line, I'm interested in the division of the MDR into the 3 themes...specifically, can you provide any pictures that shows the view if you are sitting along the banister area that opens up in the middle of the MDR, to the levels below (from deck 5 & from deck 4)?

I'm wondering, if they are trying to screen the view at all to preserve the distinct theming on each level, or if you can easily view each lower level?

Thanks!

:)

Edited by quantumleap
Typo

Yes, everything is in the Ice Cream Parlor (referred as Cups & Scoops)

O3B system won´t be up and running until December. So no speed increase. They do offer packages (flat for full cruise one or two devices at a time, 24 hours or 60 min).

steamboats

Will have to try it out. Hope the wifi works better. Glad to have some free wifi.

I think I have answered all of the posted questions. If there are anymore please feel free to ask.

Ken, my DH received the information onboard that the CL will be gone and totally converted to Wonderland. His source is his official contact person onboard as he travels as media. I think Bobal asked you to check with the Concierge and ask (there are a lot of discussions going on here regarding this topic). Maybe you can check and ask the Concierge.

steamboats

Will have to try it out. Hope the wifi works better. Glad to have some free wifi.

Actually Wifi works pretty well. I´m emailing back and forth with my DH (including larger photos). He´s uploading his blog entries and he even skyed several times.

steamboats

You say Hibachi I say Habachi ;-)

I was hoping that the deck 11 Concierge would stay as I always book on that deck, if not will have to consider moving to deck 14 for future cruises!:eek:

Does anyone know how Sabor's menu differ's from Rita's Cantina on the Allure?

Edited by RJAYL