Is the new Diamond Lounge open on the Oasis yet?

gramy

I have heard the diamond Lounge on the Oasis TA isn't open yet?

You heard incorrect as it's the Diamond + lounge that's not open yet.

Isn't the Diamond Club on deck 4 for Diamond and Diamond +, and the Suite Lounge on deck 17 for Suites guests and Pinnacle?

Edited by slk230red

• 3 months later...
There isn't a D+ Lounge on any ship.

You were on the Oasis in January? Was the new Diamond Lounge already open on deck 4? How does it compare to the old one looking over the Promenade? Also, how did the drink coupon thing work that I have heard so much about?

I was on the Oasis in December and yes the new diamond lounge was open. It was on deck 4 near the dining room. It was nicer inside than the old diamond lounge on deck 6 and had window views of the water. It was much bigger than the old diamond lounge too. The 3 drinks on your card were available nightly between 5 and 8 30 and were good anywhere, but the dining room or champagne bar.

Happy sailing.

Lots of talk that new DL on 4 is closed to return seating to DR

Old CL is now the DL

Yes. A recent LIVE review reported the D Lounge is now once again on Decks 11 & 12 aft. The Deck 4 loung is more dining room space now that Dynamic Dining has been scrapped (postoponed? Who knows!?!:rolleyes:).

Yes. A recent LIVE review reported the D Lounge is now once again on Decks 11 & 12 aft. The Deck 4 loung is more dining room space now that Dynamic Dining has been scrapped (postoponed? Who knows!?!:rolleyes:).

Plus Wonderland got scrapped. Maybe chefs table will return

The diamond lounge on deck 4 was scrapped because it was not handicapped accessible. It couldn't deliver service to the hundreds and hundreds of disabled diamond and above cruisers. It was a poor design in that regard from the beginning. 2 large steps had to be navigated to use 95 pct of the diamond lounge.

The diamond lounge on deck 4 was scrapped because it was not handicapped accessible. It couldn't deliver service to the hundreds and hundreds of disabled diamond and above cruisers. It was a poor design in that regard from the beginning. 2 large steps had to be navigated to use 95 pct of the diamond lounge.

I know I'm going to get roasted for this, but is more than 5% of the population handicapped? :o

I know I'm going to get roasted for this, but is more than 5% of the population handicapped? :o

Yes.

Here is a quick headline via google "WEDNESDAY, JULY 25, 2012

Nearly 1 in 5 People Have a Disability in the U.S., Census Bureau Reports"

That likely includes some who could manage stairs, but still....

And even if less than 5% have an issue with stairs, IMHO those passengers should be able to enjoy the important aspects of the lounge, such as the seating, view and food stations.

So the bottom line is that Diamond members have a much better venue and Diamond Plus members have to endure more crowding. Doesn't make sense to me unless they open a Diamond Lounge somewhere else on the ship.

Where's the like button? It does seem (IMHO) that there really is no incentive to become diamond plus if they do away with the best perk:rolleyes:. Think this is another mistake RCL. For us, we have made good friends and planned cruises together with these people in the lounges. Using coupons in random bars just isn't the same.

Where's the like button? It does seem (IMHO) that there really is no incentive to become diamond plus if they do away with the best perk:rolleyes:. Think this is another mistake RCL. For us, we have made good friends and planned cruises together with these people in the lounges. Using coupons in random bars just isn't the same.

Like Button back at you!

It is in the lounges that we meet folks who will be friends for life. We are not "bar" people. It is not just about the drinks. It is about the conversations and friendships made.

First, RCCL tossed us (D+) from the wonderful CL Lounge, now they give it back to us with triple the amount of people using it! Someone from RCCL, please explain!