Rough Navigator reviews after refurb...

We really enjoyed the Navigator last year, so much so that we were able to convince family this year at Thanksgiving. I was going to send my Mom a link to the customer reviews for the Navigator but reports of exploding toilets and worn wear items after the refurb has me second guessing myself.

Someone please tell me they did more in the recent refurb than replace free public space with revenue space so I don't have to spend the next month worrying that I will have to spend my cruise making excuses for RCCL to my parents!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My younger daughter and I sailed NAV in late August to celebrate her 21st birthday. I'm D+ and have been on most of the RCI ships, but not NAV. She is gorgeous! We had a blast, had great service, enjoyed Sabor and Giovannis (oh, and Chops too) and never had a single negative experience. Remember, people value different things, and take the negatives with a big grain of salt.

Enjoy your NAV cruise -- we sure did!

They also added a FlowRider during the dry dock. No charge for that. Even if you don't want to try it, you should watch it for a while. It's a great place for people watching. The spaces that were converted into fee restaurants were in seriously underutilized areas. They added virtual balconies to many small interior cabins giving them much less of the feel that you are staying in a closet. I was on Navigator the first full week after the dry dock and am going again 10 days. The theater, dining rooms and Promenade all look wonderful. You will not be making excuses to your parents in my opinion.

Navigator is a beautiful ship! We sailed her last November, before the drydock and again in May of this year. I was really impressed with the changes! To name a few...

New bedding, new flat screen TV's in staterooms, big screen TV added to pool deck, flow rider added to deck 13 aft, all new carpet and drapes in staterooms, addition of Sabor specialty restaurant (my fav), and more.

The added staterooms utilized space previously wasted, or underutilized. Namely the Dungeon nightclub on two levels and frequently empty all day and night, and the forward area of deck 12. I certainly did not miss the loss of public space. The rest of the ship did not seem more crowded as a result of the additional passengers, with the exception of the Windjammer...but, it was bad even before the additional rooms were added.

I think you will be proud of the ship you recommended to your parents!

We thought the Navigator was beautiful in April. Our service was very good, I thought the food was good, and the refurbished areas are very nice. The ship feels a lot more modern and up-to-date than it did before the dry dock.

Exploding toilets...LOL

True story... while on the Navigator this past March, one time our toilet would continue to fill up and the only way to stop it from overflowing was to flush it. It then would fill up again in a bout 90 seconds. I bet I flushed it for 25-30 times before maintenance got there.

We enjoyed the ship but we were one of the many that was one the cruise where the Galveston port was shut down due to an oil spill. We never left the port until Wed. Because of this, the crew and passengers were a bit on edge etc. We all made the best of it and finally we sailed to one port only, Cozumel. But alas, RCL was good to us all and gave us full cruise fare refunds plus a 25% off our next cruise.

But the ship itself was great.

We've sailed Navigator twice, and have three more cruises booked ... that should tell you something (no, we're not fans of exploding toilets).

On our first cruise after the re-fit, we continually commented on how outstanding the transformation was. One of our first stops aboard was a visit to the future cruise desk to book our next trip. We'll be sailing Navigator again in December, and look forward to another wonderful experience.

Al

Stopped reading reviews many moons ago and haven't had a bad cruise yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read the reviews but take everything negative with a GIANT GRAIN OF KOSHER SALT. It helps me stay grounded.....I am on vacation, no one in my family is working, grocery shopping, trying to figure out weekend entertainment, cooking or cleaning up from dinner....life is good on a cruise -- is my starting point!!!!

I thought ship seemed a little crowded and there was too much country music for my taste, but food was very good , liked some of the new restaurants and we did rebook it for next April

The music genre was also a concern of mine as well, and I did bring it to RCI's attention. I do know that the Bubba Feathers Band (I kid you not) is leaving the ship after the 11/30 voyage ... anxious to see what group replaces it. Whoever makes these decisions must figure that everyone aboard is from Texas, and therefore lives, eats, breathes and sleeps country music .. to me, the term is an oxymoron.

Crowding is a bi-product of the mega-ships ... although Voyager Class vessels aren't all that bad, other than at the events along the Promenade. We felt more constricted on a Freedom Class ship ... and the Liberty will be replacing Navigator in November of '15. Of course, it won't stop us from cruising out of Galveston.

Royal Caribbean has taken a quantum leap forward (pun is definitely intended) as far as food is concerned ... used to be bland, with no flavor whatsoever. The new menu is a huge improvement.

I'm glad you booked another cruise on Navigator ... you'll get used to the crowds.

Al

The music genre was also a concern of mine as well, and I did bring it to RCI's attention. I do know that the Bubba Feathers Band (I kid you not) is leaving the ship after the 11/30 voyage ... anxious to see what group replaces it. Whoever makes these decisions must figure that everyone aboard is from Texas, and therefore lives, eats, breathes and sleeps country music .. to me, the term is an oxymoron.

I doubt they "figure" anything -- They have actual statistics showing where everyone is from, and I imagine a whole dang lot of us onboard are from Texas. And I also doubt that I am the only one disappointed that the Bubba Feathers Band is leaving the ship. :( :(

I doubt they "figure" anything -- They have actual statistics showing where everyone is from, and I imagine a whole dang lot of us onboard are from Texas. And I also doubt that I am the only one disappointed that the Bubba Feathers Band is leaving the ship. :( :(

Good to hear, we had done RCCL before out of Galveston and entertainment was great, hope they get Derek Lewis back he had a great show in the Pub every night

1, . Exploding toilets....don't blame the cruise line, any cruise line. thank the idiot who flushed something and caused the vacuum system to react. It could be Royal, NCL, Carnival, any cruise line....idiots abound!

Bubba Feathers. Having some throat surgery, he plans on returning ASAP.

Country Music..Thank God! Another line, unnamed, got into CRAP, I mean rap....they learned and switched.

Food.. Impressed with MDR, Chops, The Japanese Restaurant. Giovanni's did disappoint.

Negative reviews? Nope sorry, ship is great, crew were great, ports were great but my bar bill was high.