Butlers

DrJW

Do Butlers aboard the Marina/Riviera also have the additional task of being the room stewards/stewardeses having housekeeping responsbilities and bringing food orders..or is that done by Stewards and the Butlers are just that Butlers [making special reservations, and serving canapes, etc.]

Thanks.

Curious..do they have 'female' Butlers as well? :)

While fairly new to Oceania, on our last cruise, our Butler did not have housekeeping responsibilities other than removing the dishes when we were done eating in our suite. He does deliver food - whether it is from Room Service or from the Specialty Restaurants. If you are in a suite where alcohol is included inside the suite, he would be the person to discuss specifically what you would like.

No. We were in an Oceania Suite on our last cruise and our butler, a wonderful man called Churchill, was the butler to several other Oceania Suites, the Vista suite on Deck 12 and at least a few PH suites on another deck. I know this because we decided not to use our second reservation at Toscana and Churchill told me he was really happy to pick it up because he had a nice couple in a PH suite who were longing to eat there again!

We had a superb butler on Regent called Pritham. I wonder if he is the same person that Caroldoll had?

This coming cruise we are in an Owners Suite and even there I seriously doubt (and certainly do not expect) that we would have one butler whose only function was to look after us! I AM hoping though that Churchill will be looking after us!

As to what they do - they make sure you have everything you need in the way of drinks, fruit etc. When you want room service you call them and they bring it. If you want another dining res. or a tour res. you ask them to handle it. They bring the evening menu from the main dining room every morning and they take your dinner orders if you want to eat in your suite and order from any of the speciality restaurants etc. They are a fund of information on the ports and can help you see things you want to see (eg get local info for you). If you want laundry etc done you tell them. In sum - they are butlers. They do not clean and dust! And we have only ever had ONE bad one. He, I think, was new to the job. And he wasn't really "bad" - just not as wonderful as the others... I would hate to cruise without a butler.

Does that mean you have sole use of a butler in the Oceania / Vista / Owners suite?

I only posted about the PH Butlers as I have no personal knowledge of the higher suites:)

I let those with knowledge of those suites to inform you, which of course they did.:)

That is exactly the same Pritham. We originally met him years ago on Regent. He has been promoted in the meantime.

And for others, in the OS the head butler only does the three OS. He has other duties managing the other butlers as well.

I have heard of Churchill and hear he is excellent as well.

We book our suites for their size and really do not know what to do with the delightful butlers that comes with them. Each time we have had complaints about not giving them enough to do!

This made me smile because we're "guilty" of this also. On a cruise last year our wonderful butler high jacked us as we came back from a tour. He had the balcony table set with goodies and made us sit down to enjoy them. Super guy!

Does anyone know about how many PH Suites on the Riviera/ Marina each Butler is responsible for? As to 'pressing of clothes'..is this a one time 'offer' or can one periodically ask to have this done on a complimentary basis throughout sailing? O states that Butlers will also 'pack and unpack' for PH cat....How does one know where they put everything?:D

I thought you posted on 10/23 that you were done posting before your cruise? Don't get too upset but I think your line of questioning has been pulling our legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree

So - I HOPE that our butler will be Pritham OR Churchill. I would be over-joyed with either. I remember on the Mariner going around S America Pritham came to me one day and said "is there anything I can do to make your cruise more enjoyable" - since we were really enjoying the cruise it was hard to suggest something! But finally I asked for an Indian meal. And his reply "when?" so we settled on the following night. And it was a wonderful meal!! Really really delicious.

It would be nice to be able to take one of the butlers home - I am sure I could find things for them to do here!!