How many Crown and Anchor points do you have?

Accumulating points is OK, but what perk are you expecting to enjoy as you reach higher levels?

I certainly have enjoyed all of the cruises we have taken, and like getting 'perks/bonuses' as we do it. The Diamond lounge is nice; now that 3 drinks will be loaded on sea pass cards, it may make the lounge less used by some....to be enjoyed by others more....who knows.

I certainly did enjoy the Diamond lounge on Allure this past summer.

To be honest I'm not sure what perks we are looking forward to but we'll try them all not knowing what to expect.but I have a question,we are booked on the navigator in Jan 2016 and if we book a b2b while on the oasis in feb can we get diamond discounts for the second leg.

Yes, you only have to be D to get Elite, but decided we'd hit D+ before they adjust the levels again. :rolleyes:

Exactly what I did. As of last Wednesday, I'm officially D+, because rumors are they are going to adjust the levels next year. And see below, my next 2 cruises are on HAL & Princess.

Edited by Topo Gigio

Are you each getting 2 D+ amenity gifts, even if you are booked in the same stateroom?

I didn't write that correctly above. They give the choices in each of our C&A accounts. On my last cruise I was with my bff, so only one of us was D+, and the next cruise up there are two D+, then the next one I'm in the single. So, it's either diet coke, pelligrino, or both, depending on who is in what cabin.

I know it says only one "gift amenity" per household, but it's hard to tell yet what's going to come through. We have had some weird stuff happen with our C&A accounts. Sometimes they treat us as if we are separate, sometimes not.

All I can say is we tend to have rather unorthodox things happen with our C&A accounts. I never know what they are going to do.

I didn't write that correctly above. They give the choices in each of our C&A accounts. On my last cruise I was with my bff, so only one of us was D+, and the next cruise up there are two D+, then the next one I'm in the single. So, it's either diet coke, pelligrino, or both, depending on who is in what cabin.

I know it says only one "gift amenity" per household, but it's hard to tell yet what's going to come through. We have had some weird stuff happen with our C&A accounts. Sometimes they treat us as if we are separate, sometimes not.

All I can say is we tend to have rather unorthodox things happen with our C&A accounts. I never know what they are going to do.

I know what you mean. After reading your previous post, I went in to look at our preferences, and they were all gone. When I tried to re-select them, I got an error message. So I just got off the phone with C&A and they had to manually select all our preferences again. What a pain.

I know what you mean. After reading your previous post, I went in to look at our preferences, and they were all gone. When I tried to re-select them, I got an error message. So I just got off the phone with C&A and they had to manually select all our preferences again. What a pain.

:eek::eek:

Well, that sucks!

At 102 points right now with 2 cruises coming up, that will get us to 113 by in early 2015.

My question is: What perk/s are you looking forward to when you get to attain your future level/s?

For me, when we get to D+, I will be very happy with the additional perk of the special seating area poolside (on ships that have it) and in the theater for C&A D+ and above members.

Don't think there is any special poolside seating for diamond plus unless you are staying in a suite. Please correct if I am wrong but I have never experienced it.

Don't think there is any special poolside seating for diamond plus unless you are staying in a suite. Please correct if I am wrong but I have never experienced it.

You are correct, D+ do get special theater seating, but no special poolside seating. Special poolside seating is for gold cards only.

At 102 points right now with 2 cruises coming up, that will get us to 113 by in early 2015.

My question is: What perk/s are you looking forward to when you get to attain your future level/s?

For me, when we get to D+, I will be very happy with the additional perk of the special seating area poolside (on ships that have it) and in the theater for C&A D+ and above members.

I found a significant difference when we reached D+. At that time we only had the Diamond Event in the evenings, so the CL was a biggie addition. The priority seating in the theater, priority tender tickets on some ships, and the extra gifts and goodies in the cabin were really nice.

As I said above, reaching the 340/350 point mark added the bathroom amenities and the reduced single supplement (which I will only use when our oldest son sails with us).

The thing that we just aren't interested in are the extra "crystal" blocks. We each have one on our desk (great paperweights), but I give the others away. I've given two to people here on CruiseCritic.

I thought I saw it on a previous sailing that we did....if not that OK.

Ships have a wide latitude on setting their particular policies, so it's possible that you did see some special D+ pool seating. However, that is not a fleetwide perk.

I found a significant difference when we reached D+. At that time we only had the Diamond Event in the evenings, so the CL was a biggie addition. The priority seating in the theater, priority tender tickets on some ships, and the extra gifts and goodies in the cabin were really nice.

As I said above, reaching the 340/350 point mark added the bathroom amenities and the reduced single supplement (which I will only use when our oldest son sails with us).

The thing that we just aren't interested in are the extra "crystal" blocks. We each have one on our desk (great paperweights), but I give the others away. I've given two to people here on CruiseCritic.

Priority tender tickets on some ships, is also a nice thing. The crystal blocks won't interest me at all.....and by the time we get there (if we get there) we won't be working to use it as a paperweight at work.

I thought when you reach D+ you did get 'gold cards'.

Pinnacle and full suite guests get gold cards. D+ (and lower) get cards based on the type of stateroom they book.

Edited by clarea

I was reading a thread on the Quantum last week. It was a discussion of who had been invited to the 2 day pre-inaugural cruise from Southampton.

Many TAs and Pinnacle members had been invited for a free cruise. Not all of the Pinnacle members that replied to the CC thread had been invited. A couple of them said they thought it was because they ONLY had around 1000 points. One person even referred to it as "Pinnacle light." :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: It is all relative.

DH and I are Diamond and cruising along to D+ by 2016. [pun intended] We will have to step up our game if we ever hope to reach Pinnacle. . . . but, we will have fun trying. :p

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Do points..........days at sea, nights at sea, etc really matter?

We are Pinnacle, and it does not matter how many points we have.

We love meeting new comers, have friends that are of all of the tiers, and the best friends are the ones that just love to cruise.

We have welcomed some CC members like Jim and Patti, to their 700th point, some time ago.

And we have some friends that we will be cruising with next year, that will become Pinnacle, and another that will become D+. We have a couple that will be celebrating becoming Emerald!

Many friendships are made from cruising........and some we lose.......and that is life. :)

Rick

We love meeting new comers, have friends that are of all of the tiers, and the best friends are the ones that just love to cruise.

We have welcomed some CC members like Jim and Patti, to their 700th point, some time ago.

And we have some friends that we will be cruising with next year, that will become Pinnacle, and another that will become D+. We have a couple that will be celebrating becoming Emerald!

Many friendships are made from cruising........and some we lose.......and that is life. :)

Rick

Well, Rick, the points that got me back the bathroom amenities were important. Also, the reduced single supplement I got at 350 points saved me almost $400 on the single balcony cabin I booked on our family cruise, plus getting the D+ balcony discount. When I'm looking at almost $550 in savings on one cabin, well, yes, the points do matter.

Happy cruising!

Rick

The most important aspect of cruising is of course enjoying it and what comes with the loyalty to one cruise line is nice. The financial savings that can be garnered, no one will dispute, but often we forget the wonderful friends made along the way.

Rick

I bet the days mattered when you hit 700 and got a free cruise:rolleyes:

I am at 625, and you bet the days matter to me! I get a lot of benefits and my partner will be hitting 700 early 2015, and I will get it mid to end of 2015. Two free cruises!!!!, Yup it matters right now to us.