How many Crown and Anchor points do you have?

Also - what is the difference between cruise credit value and cruise points?? I've tried finding that info on their website, since my numbers are totally different.... but can't find any info. (Sorry, this will only be our 2nd cruise, so I'm still pretty much learning as I go)

Edited by mom3x

28 points. But, I'm not loyal to any particular cruise line. I'm happy to accept the benefits offered, but my decision to book a particular cruise is based on factors other than points or tier level with different cruise lines.

I guess I'm a free agent.

That was us a long time ago. Royal was the last of the major lines we tried. But we didn't become regulars until 2008. I think we are just now breaking the 50/50 mark. Half Royal and half the other major lines

28 points. But, I'm not loyal to any particular cruise line. I'm happy to accept the benefits offered, but my decision to book a particular cruise is based on factors other than points or tier level with different cruise lines.

Good for you, that's the way to cruise. We've cruised on 16 different cruise lines over the past 15 years and enjoyed the experience each has to offer.

80 cruises, but only 240 points with RCI....we're usually the new cruisers when we sit with others in the CL.

After visiting the new Sandals Resorts in Barbados and Grenada, I think we're going to do more all inclusive resorts.

We are also Sandals fans , have done Sandals Whitehouse the last 3 Thanksgiving, nice to take vacation without any screaming children during holidays

I never believe the reason to cruise with a particular line, is because of the points or tier level. Like any vacation, where hard earned money is spent for the experience, it should be done because you enjoy what you are receiving in exchange for what you are paying.

Being a free agent is absolutely fine.

Also - what is the difference between cruise credit value and cruise points?? I've tried finding that info on their website, since my numbers are totally different.... but can't find any info. (Sorry, this will only be our 2nd cruise, so I'm still pretty much learning as I go)

Credit Value is the number of points you have earned on any cruise. You receive 1 cruise point for each night and then those points are doubled if you are booked in a JS cabin or above.

So if you did a 7 night cruise in a JS cabin your Credit Value earned would be 14 points. If you were booked in anything below a JS cabin, then your Credit Value earned would be 7.

On occasion RCI will offer a promo where you can earn additional points. An example ....RCI recently offered additional points for booking your air through Choice Air. These additional points would then be included in your Credit Value for that particular cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

We have 56 points, but cruiser with freedom of the seas February 15 so then we have 63 points. We are from Norway so we can not cruise as much as we would have liked. But we have been on 8 cruises in caribien the last 4 years.

Good for you, that's the way to cruise. We've cruised on 16 different cruise lines over the past 15 years and enjoyed the experience each has to offer.

Nice screen name. We used to have a silver one with the red interior. Back then it was so unique to have a hard top convertible.

Credit Value is the number of points you have earned on any cruise. You receive 1 cruise point for each night and then those points are doubled if you are booked in a JS cabin or above.

So if you did a 7 night cruise in a JS cabin your Credit Value earned would be 14 points. If you were booked in anything below a JS cabin, then your Credit Value earned would be 7.

On occasion RCI will offer a promo where you can earn additional points. An example ....RCI recently offered additional points for booking your air through Choice Air. These additional points would then be included in your Credit Value for that particular cruise.

Don't forget the solo bonus. My wife got 27 points going solo in a JS on Legend 9 night

We have 56 points, but cruiser with freedom of the seas February 15 so then we have 63 points. We are from Norway so we can not cruise as much as we would have liked. But we have been on 8 cruises in caribien the last 4 years.

Hmmm, my account is incredibly weird.

It shows that I have 12 points.

But, it shows "credit value" as 1 for a 7 night cruise, and a "credit value" of 4 for a 4 night cruise.

Even more interesting... I've only ever cruised once and that was the 7 night cruise. This cruise that we are taking in November will be our 2nd. :eek:

Edited by mom3x

Hmmm, my account is incredibly weird.

It shows that I have 12 points.

But, it shows "credit value" as 1 for a 7 night cruise, and a "credit value" of 4 for a 4 night cruise.

Even more interesting... I've only ever cruised once and that was the 7 night cruise. This cruise that we are taking in November will be our 2nd. :eek:

Your 7 night cruise was taken before they changed to cruise points in Jan 2011. It earned one cruise credit which was converted to 7 cruise points, plus 1 point for some fudge factor that has never been explained by Royal. So you should have had 8 cruise points after the Jan 2011 conversion.

Just be happy about the credit for the extra 4 night cruise. :)

Is there anyway to get extra points from past cruises? I know when the conversion was done, all was not equal for everyone. I have 3 trips on Explorer that were 9 days each. I only received 21 points for those trips. After my cruises in March I will be at 173 -- 2 short of diamond plus. Sure would like to get the 6 extra points from my earlier trips. Anyone have any experience with this?

Is there anyway to get extra points from past cruises? I know when the conversion was done, all was not equal for everyone. I have 3 trips on Explorer that were 9 days each. I only received 21 points for those trips. After my cruises in March I will be at 173 -- 2 short of diamond plus. Sure would like to get the 6 extra points from my earlier trips. Anyone have any experience with this?

Only cruises after Jan 2011 are awarded a point per day. Before Jan 2011, they used the cruise credit system, and they did not (and do not) retroactively change the rules and give points based on number of days for cruises before Jan 2011.

Your 7 night cruise was taken before they changed to cruise points in Jan 2011. It earned one cruise credit which was converted to 7 cruise points, plus 1 point for some fudge factor that has never been explained by Royal. So you should have had 8 cruise points after the Jan 2011 conversion.

Just be happy about the credit for the extra 4 night cruise. :)

Actually, I heard an "official-ish" explanation for the "fudge factor".

The extra points were to keep people at the same point as they were before. In other words, if they were just one cruise away from the next level before, they would STILL be one cruise away under the new system. And so that no one would actually FALL a level with the conversion.

:)

Actually, I heard an "official-ish" explanation for the "fudge factor".

The extra points were to keep people at the same point as they were before. In other words, if they were just one cruise away from the next level before, they would STILL be one cruise away under the new system. And so that no one would actually FALL a level with the conversion.

:)

I agree, I've heard that explanation too. Just never saw it published anywhere by Royal. The fudge factor worked for virtually all situations, except for someone who had 9 cruise credits before the conversion and a 3-night cruise after the conversion. That would have left them one point short of Diamond.

Edited by clarea