How many Crown and Anchor points do you have?

I bet the days mattered when you hit 700 and got a free cruise:rolleyes:

I am at 625, and you bet the days matter to me! I get a lot of benefits and my partner will be hitting 700 early 2015, and I will get it mid to end of 2015. Two free cruises!!!!, Yup it matters right now to us.

You do realize how much you have spent to get that free cruise?

Like I said before when you buy 10 and get one free .. I will consider being loyal to one cruise line :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am at 625, and you bet the days matter to me! I get a lot of benefits and my partner will be hitting 700 early 2015, and I will get it mid to end of 2015. Two free cruises!!!!, Yup it matters right now to us.

Back then, it was 100 cruises, and yes it was fun to count the number till we got to 100.

And I have to believe that you are having just as much fun working on the cruises needed to reach that 700 cruise point level.

And I should retract my statement about it not mattering how many points we have, as we are nearing the 1400 point level, and our 3rd free cruise.

So, we count them, but as my signature line shows, we are now cruising as much on Princess are we are on Royal. So we are not cruising just for the numbers, if that statement makes sense!!:)

Rick

PS, I noticed that you are looking forward to 2 free cruises, one each when you reach 700 points. If you and your partner both reside at the same address, you will be entitled to just one cruise for the two of you. However, if each of you reside at a different address, and cruise under two different names, you each will receive a cruise. I just wanted to clarify this.

Edited by rubrrick
added verbage

...And I should retract my statement about it not mattering how many points we have, as we are nearing the 1400 point level, and our 3rd free cruise....

And from now on Rick, you get the value of a JS for your free cruise!:)

PS, I noticed that you are looking forward to 2 free cruises, one each when you reach 700 points. If you and your partner both reside at the same address, you will be entitled to just one cruise for the two of you. However, if each of you reside at a different address, and cruise under two different names, you each will receive a cruise. I just wanted to clarify this.

Yes, we are aware of the requirement to obtain the free cruise (2400.00 credit I believe). Thank you for pointing in out though. :)

Back then, it was 100 cruises, and yes it was fun to count the number till we got to 100.

And I have to believe that you are having just as much fun working on the cruises needed to reach that 700 cruise point level.

And I should retract my statement about it not mattering how many points we have, as we are nearing the 1400 point level, and our 3rd free cruise.

So, we count them, but as my signature line shows, we are now cruising as much on Princess are we are on Royal. So we are not cruising just for the numbers, if that statement makes sense!!:)

Rick

I was aware of the free cruise at 700, but why will you be getting cruise 3 at 1400? Do they start coming at 350 once you get to pinacle

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I was aware of the free cruise at 700, but why will you be getting cruise 3 at 1400? Do they start coming at 350 once you get to pinacle.

Yes, free cruise every 350 points, starting at 700. The first two are based on a 7 night Caribbean cruise in a balcony. Starting at 1400, they give you credit for a JS.

Hey, Karen, I think you can get to Pinnacle with your partner in early 2015:

Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other
by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more
in the CAS program.

You should call C&A and ask.

My son called yesterday and had his wife upgraded to D+. RCCL hadn't done it because they have different last names, and their accounts weren't linked for some reason when she enrolled and he was Diamond.

Good luck!

P.S. Sorry if this is a repeat; I see someone above might have already (sort of) addressed it.

Edited by pcur

Hey, Karen, I think you can get to Pinnacle with your partner in early 2015:

Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other
by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more
in the CAS program..

I'm guessing that they like it just the way it is. This way, they each get 3 gifts from C&A, even if they are in the same stateroom. They will also each get a free cruise for two. Much better than being linked.

[/indent][/i] I'm guessing that they like it just the way it is. This way, they each get 3 gifts from C&A, even if they are in the same stateroom. They will also each get a free cruise for two. Much better than being linked.

Absolutely!!! :D

We were on the Vision of the Seas a few years ago and had a couple of table mates who were on their 55th cruise....on the same ship....with the same itinerary....same cabin.....same dining table! Now that's dedication.

The servers in the main dining room didn't give them menus. If it is Wednesday they knew ...appetizer, shrimp cocktail....entree, lamb with the mint jelly on the side....dessert, chocolate ice cream...and finish it off with a decaf.

Apparently the shore excursions were also as predictable!

During one of the dinners friends of theirs stopped by the table to say hello, they too were avid RCI cruisers....this was their 186th with Royal.

Not sure how many points these people had but, if there is a RCI hall of fame, they should be in it!

We were on the Vision of the Seas a few years ago and had a couple of table mates who were on their 55th cruise....on the same ship....with the same itinerary....same cabin.....same dining table! Now that's dedication.

The servers in the main dining room didn't give them menus. If it is Wednesday they knew ...appetizer, shrimp cocktail....entree, lamb with the mint jelly on the side....dessert, chocolate ice cream...and finish it off with a decaf.

During one of the dinners friends of theirs stopped by the table to say hello, they too were avid RCI cruisers....this was their 186th with Royal.

Not sure how many points these people had but, if there is a RCI hall of fame, they should be in it!

My husband and I keep hoping some day they will give out a little something for people that have cruised the LONGEST. I'm sure there are some that have been with RCCL longer than us, but since we started in our 20's in 1973, we might end up the longest sailing couple! :D

I am going on my 11th cruise on Majesty of the Seas. I can't imagine 55 cruises all on the same ship. I enjoy cruising on Her Majesty for the simplicity of the experience. She doesn't have all the WOW factor of the specialty restaurants and the impressive things to do, such as Flowrider, although she does have a rock climbing wall. But you can have a great cruise on her because of the fabulous staff that is usually on board.

My husband and I keep hoping some day they will give out a little something for people that have cruised the LONGEST. I'm sure there are some that have been with RCCL longer than us, but since we started in our 20's in 1973, we might end up the longest sailing couple! :D

That's pretty impressive. Would love to see old photos or memorabilia if you have.

That's pretty impressive. Would love to see old photos or memorabilia if you have.

Here's the picture of us on the gangway of the Sun Viking in the 1970's. Hubby had TONS of hair and pants with a very LARGE plaid print. :D I think I'll make this my avatar for a while.

1616041300_SunVikingpic.jpg.60486a63e4773f9d6e7517709266884b.jpg

Edited by pcur

You two almost are as old as the line is. Congratulations on being one of the oldest cruisers.........that is, cruising with them for many years.

And yes, no matter how many cruises you have with them, as you are regular Royal Caribbean Cruisers, you should be acknowledged while on the ships.

We do know a few like you, but are Pinnacle Club members.

As I understand the last pre inaugural of the Quantum of the Seas, where everyone got off today, that Mario was aboard, and he was not even acknowledged.

We are not attached to Royal Caribbean, as we cruise on other lines, and will be broadening our scope even further this coming year.

Royal Caribbean is great at what it does, but we have watched them evolve into a different line, with different demographics, and it is doing wonders for them. It's just not for us, all of the time.;)

Rick

Here's the picture of us on the gangway of the Sun Viking in the 1970's. Hubby had TONS of hair and pants with a very LARGE plaid print. :D I think I'll make this my avatar for a while.

That photo is great. I hate to say it but we have a similar one , clothing wise , from that same time.

M