Britannia observation

shallwe

Not knocking P&O but I thought it a bit strange to see that their Britannia cruises have Outside cabins listed as 'Sold-Out'.

Britannia doesn't have outside cabins, all of those on the outside have balconies, which are listed separately.

I can only assume that they use the same template on their website for all cruise ships.

Just saying.

Not knocking P&O but I thought it a bit strange to see that their Britannia cruises have Outside cabins listed as 'Sold-Out'.

Britannia doesn't have outside cabins, all of those on the outside have balconies, which are listed separately.

I can only assume that they use the same template on their website for all cruise ships.

Just saying.

Could be worse - it could say they are available ;):D

Similar kind of problem used to occur with Artemis - many travel agents used to advertise prices for inside cabins.....but Artemis didn't have any inside cabins! They were all either outside or balcony cabins.

But they were sneaky - some of them tried to offer you a "free" upgrade to an outside......

Perhaps it's done deliberately to make it look like they are sold out? Just an idle thought!

Seems a strange thing to get wrong and it's misleading. I note that apart from the maiden, the other cruises are heavily discounted.

Edited by jeanlyon

Not all cruises for 2015 are "heavily discounted" on Britannia the one we have had our eye on since its release in April of this year has never been cheaper than when it was first released.

With reference with the ouside cabins being sold out it is obviously a standard computer programme used for all P&O cruises everybody that has looked at the brochure or website knows that there are no outside cabins on Britannia so do not think P&O are trying to mislead anyone.

Edited by majortom10

I think it is the new website - there are a few anomalies on there. One of the things I noticed was they seemed to have got the benefits/restrictions of the Early Saver and Saver a bit mixed up on one cruise I was looking at on another ship. I emailed them with corrections and they corrected part of it, but I still think their wording is wrong.

I suggest you email them if you notice anything.

Edited by Scriv

They must know about it to have put the words SOLD OUT against the outside cabins? I'm sure it's not automatic.

I looked at the first three cruises after the maiden and the prices are very much discounted. Of course they are for other ships as well, but I would have thought a new ship would be more full.

They must know about it to have put the words SOLD OUT against the outside cabins? I'm sure it's not automatic.

I looked at the first three cruises after the maiden and the prices are very much discounted. Of course they are for other ships as well, but I would have thought a new ship would be more full.

So you statement "I note that apart from the maiden, the other cruises are heavily discounted" was wrong you actually only checked the first 3 cruises and assumed that meant every cruise on Britannia.

I suspect that the template for all ships on their website shows outside cabins and it is probable that this field will require a value or be shown as sold out, so that's not really surprising.

As regards pricing I just checked my booking for B504 in an HB grade cabin, and the current select price is £134pp higher than my launch fare.

The early saver price is £166pp lower but we also got free car parking which needs to be taken into account, as well as all the other benefits.

I am certainly not a P&O cheerleader but so far this does not seem too bad compared with previous years. Of course the next batch of saver fares will probably offer far better savings.

Perhaps it's done deliberately to make it look like they are sold out? Just an idle thought!

Seems a strange thing to get wrong and it's misleading. I note that apart from the maiden, the other cruises are heavily discounted.

Sorry Jean I have just looked at this and as an example the 3rd cruise in is still more expensive than the brochure price so no discount there.

As is B505 seven nights to the Fjords

As is B509 in fact the Early saver fare is more than the brochure fare for a balcony

And the Superior Deluxe Balconies have sold out

Looks like plenty of demand there.

:cool::cool::cool:

The cruise we've booked for Britannia for December 2015 has actually gone up a reasonable amount. It went up a bit more last week.

Out of interest, just checked B503 and 504. 14 nights for £1119 (inside). However, I did notice that on B504, there are now no Outside cabins once you click on Book this Cruise. It's only on the front page.

I find this updated website very odd. On the front page of the cruise, the prices are say "from £1019" then when you click on Book this cruise, the front page prices are not there and they are all more?

for instance, on my own cruise on Adonia, Outside cabin shows on front page from £1529, then if you click to book, they are £1639? It's the same on all the ones I have looked at.

Edited by jeanlyon

Out of interest, just checked B503 and 504. 14 nights for £1119 (inside). However, I did notice that on B504, there are now no Outside cabins once you click on Book this Cruise. It's only on the front page.

I find this updated website very odd. On the front page of the cruise, the prices are say "from £1019" then when you click on Book this cruise, the front page prices are not there and they are all more?

for instance, on my own cruise on Adonia, Outside cabin shows on front page from £1529, then if you click to book, they are £1639? It's the same on all the ones I have looked at.

Maybe the lower price refers to single cabins which are now sold out, possibly another of the famous P&O IT failings.

Well wasn't much point in looking at any more. It's early days for those. Still surprised, I would have thought a new ship would attract more bookings, but can't remember if Azura was the same.

I can only compare this to Anthem Of The Seas launching at the same time as Brittania. The prices for that ship are rocketting since its sister ship Quantum completed its first transatlantic.

There is going to be a lot of UK ships departing Southampton next year and a lot of capacity to fill. I think there will be a lot of discounting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk