Vision cancels Cozumel today

Strange. Looking at the webcam, there appears to be a Celebrity ship and a Aida(?) ship in port today. I wonder why Vision couldn't make it in?

The flags are a blowin' in the wind though.

I don't think Vision has azipods, so that might limit her ability to overcome strong crosswinds vs. newer ships.

Not a good day to be in port anyway:eek:

It rained all day in Costa Maya yesterday too. I think many stayed on the boat or went into the terminal area only. We cancelled our beach fly fishing excursion due to the lightning when we first docked.

That is correct. Two shafted props and two rudders.

Plus (I think) two bow and one stern thrusters, but those aren't up to fighting squalls.

(I was on Enchantment when Carnival Legend undocked at Cozumel at an inopportune moment in 2009. The difference in how quickly the crews got passengers off the decks and out of possible hazards was pretty striking, and not really very impressive on Carnival's side.)

You are so right! It would not have been an enjoyable day to have been in port anyway. :o

LuLu

I have to disagree. We have had some of our most fun and interesting days on Cozumel when the weather was lousy. It got us off the beach and into exploring San Miguel. We visited the Museum, shopped, found a great restaurant for lunch where we met some locals. They told us about some other places we should visit before going back to the ship.