The Suite Dining Experience

wally8

We booked a suite embarking in April on the Equinox and was under the impression that the suite dining area would be a separate room yet was told that is was not a separate room just a separate area in the MDR with a different menu. Is this your understanding? Wally

I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I like much of Celebrity's Suite program - BUT, if the MDR experience improved, and became a nicer venue for breakfast and lunch to where I'd be ok with skipping that nightmarish buffet (it was nightmarish on my recent Summit Cruise, maybe it's great on other ships)...

Then Celebrity would be the only line I ever cruise.

Currently sailing and having spoken a bit to the officers onboard about how this will work as I do have great interest.

I can tell you that on M-Class it will be carved out of the MDR in a similar way to Blu and it will have walls and be closed off from the rest of the dining room, though I am not sure how they are going to do that while under way without disturbing the MDR at least some.

I will also say that a name has been announced to officers, though not publicly, so I won't give it here, but I will say, that Celebrity has seen the light :) There is a pun or hint here, but not enough to give it away.

Finally, our MDR experience on our current cruise, has been pretty good, better than expected in service and food quality.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Does anyone know if it will be anytime dining like the Select is now or will this be an early/late assigned time? We are trying our 1st Celebrity Suite for Alaska in '16 and we love Select dining - I'd hate to go back to an assigned time.

Does anyone know if it will be anytime dining like the Select is now or will this be an early/late assigned time? We are trying our 1st Celebrity Suite for Alaska in '16 and we love Select dining - I'd hate to go back to an assigned time.

It's my understand that it will be just like Blu -- anytime dining.

We booked a suite embarking in April on the Equinox and was under the impression that the suite dining area would be a separate room yet was told that is was not a separate room just a separate area in the MDR with a different menu. Is this your understanding? Wally

This is what they did on Cunard with the addition of the Britannia Club. They "walled" off a portion of the main dining room. Cunard already had their Grill rooms set up. This is what many of the cruiselines are doing for suite pax. It certainly wasn't fair to be confined to the MDR when you paid so much for a suite. This is what we loved about the Grills on Cunard. The main dining room(on Eclipse) has much better food overall than the Britannia rest.

I am in a suite on the Summit on April 11th 2015. I sure wish X would show some plans of the room and some menu`s. I sure hope they run on time as this was one of the main reasons I booked a suite for this cruise. They have 5 months and nothing has been said.

I am in a suite on the Summit on April 11th 2015. I sure wish X would show some plans of the room and some menu`s. I sure hope they run on time as this was one of the main reasons I booked a suite for this cruise. They have 5 months and nothing has been said.

I've read in some posts that the food for suite pax is outstanding. If you're in Blu, then menus are pretty easy to find.

Perhaps the plans have not been finalized? That's what one person in a position to know said. Said that Marketing Department announced the restaurant too early and final plans have not been finalized. Guess they will give more details when they are ready to give more details. There will be a meeting of Hotel Directors on the Connie December 8th cruise. Perhaps that will be an item for discussion.

I'm looking forward to the suite restaurant.

One question though that has me concerned. We normally travel with friends who do not book suites. Will we be allowed to eat in the MDR with them some nights or do we have to eat in the Suite Restaurant all nights? I certainly would like to share a few meals with them.

I'm looking forward to the suite restaurant.

One question though that has me concerned. We normally travel with friends who do not book suites. Will we be allowed to eat in the MDR with them some nights or do we have to eat in the Suite Restaurant all nights? I certainly would like to share a few meals with them.

Based on this:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

You will be able to eat in the MDR. If you have a suite eligible for Michael's Club, I highly doubt it will be any problem at all getting availability when you wanted it.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna