I cancelled my drink package after two days

montlee

I had the Replenish Package and only used it three times in two days. They no longer promote the Drink of the Day, so I had no idea of what to order. They do not come around at venues like before; the one drink I did get was too sweet without alcohol; fresh orange juice was only available in certain places and the dining room could not make my iced coffee I wanted. But, mostly, the Coke machines in the Windjammer were always out of order and the ones at the Promenade Cafe were empty a lot.

They gave me a refund and removed the sticker and allowed me to keep the glass as a souvenir. I drank tea mostly, but did order a coke once. When I showed my card to pay for it, they gave it to me free b/c it said the Coca Cola logo was on it. It was not on others in my group. I paid for mine ahead of time, that may be why it was on there.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get good use out of it, and glad they let you cancel. It does sound though as if you were a bit confused about what you were getting? For example fresh orange juice, this is and has always only been available at breakfast in WJ and MDR. Iced coffees only at cafe promenade etc. There was never a chance you would get those elsewhere.

Edited by BekkaW

I'm sorry you weren't able to get good use out of it, and glad they let you cancel. It does sound though as if you were a bit confused about what you were getting? For example fresh orange juice, this is and has always only been available at breakfast in WJ and MDR. Iced coffees only at cafe promenade etc. There was never a chance you would get those elsewhere.

I am pretty sure that s/he means "fresh-squeezed orange juice", which is an extra cost item.

:)

I am pretty sure that s/he means "fresh-squeezed orange juice", which is an extra cost item.

:)

Yes I know, and included in her package, but it sounded as though she expected to be able to get it more often/in more venues.

I had it on my Vision cruise last week. Wish I had known I could cancel. purchased mine in advance of sailing. What a waste of money. It took 15 minutes to get "fresh" squeezed most mornings. They just could not get their act together for early risers (7:00 - 8:00) I like good fresh black coffee and it is not available, only espresso which I deplore.

Never again.

I got my freshly squeezed juices every morning at the Vitality Spa cafe from Bojan on the Oasis.

This guy could blend fresh juices from many fruits and vegetables, including peanut butter if you so desire.

Not sure if it's included in the RR package but it was with my Ultimate Package. The only surcharge would be if you wanted supplements added.

Made for a very healthy start to each day. Ask for his 'special' blend!

I got my freshly squeezed juices every morning at the Vitality Spa cafe from Bojan on the Oasis.

This guy could blend fresh juices from many fruits and vegetables, including peanut butter if you so desire.

Not sure if it's included in the RR package but it was with my Ultimate Package. The only surcharge would be if you wanted supplements added.

There should be no difference in non-alcoholic drinks between the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

But, mostly, the Coke machines in the Windjammer were always out of order and the ones at the Promenade Cafe were empty a lot.

I'm thinking this was a big reason a refund was given. Not good to have these either non-functional or empty when paying for that package!!

We've always thought it would be hard to drink $20 worth each day. Especially on port days when we're not even on the ship. Also the worry about what happened if the Freestyle Coke machine was broken.

We do get two soft drinks w/ our amenity gift. And we save them for when we just have to have some Coca Cola.

Personally, we could buy one glass of wine a night and still not come close to whatever they charge for the alcohol package.

I am not sure which ship the OP was on but on Oasis/Allure OJ is available in the Vitality Spa during all operating hours which I think was 7 AM to 8 PM.

I got the drink of the day every day on the Allure last month. Not sure what the OP was referring to.

I am confused about the DOD as well.:confused: They had an Alcoholic one every day on Explorer a few weeks ago for $7.75 with a cup that you could keep. However the Replenish Package includes Non-alcoholic cocktails. Am I missing something?

I have gotten the soda only ( Royal Refreshment) package at $6.50 per day, but only if the ship has the freestyle machines. If the machines were not working I would not be a happy camper. Good to know there is some redress.

Denise

I had it on my Vision cruise last week. Wish I had known I could cancel. purchased mine in advance of sailing. What a waste of money. It took 15 minutes to get "fresh" squeezed most mornings. They just could not get their act together for early risers (7:00 - 8:00) I like good fresh black coffee and it is not available, only espresso which I deplore.

Never again.

It takes that long to go to the machine, wait for the other glasses to get filled for people who ordered earlier, and have your own oranges squeezed.

Normal black coffee is free on the ships. Many people who want fresh black coffee are very happy with an Americano, which would have been included in Replenish.

I was not aware that there is no more drink of the day. Is that true for Oasis as well?

There was DOTD on Vision in October. It was advertised in the Compass. Now, on our two Royal cruises this last year I didn't notice them *pushing* the drinks like I remember them doing in 2003 on our first Royal cruise. They aren't going out of their way to urge people to try them. You do have to want to have a drink and to look for the waiters or go to the bartenders. Of course, one imagines if you're getting a drink package that includes alcohol, you would WANT to drink alcohol, and would seek it out. :)

DH loves Replenish because of two mochas a day and a ton of bottled waters and because he likes that pre-paid feeling. Along with a fresh squeezed OJ on many mornings. I like a latte and a ton of bottled water per day, so for me, paying OOP for the espresso and buying a water package onboard (because I like spring water and Evian is my second favorite spring water) works. For DS in the future, he and I will share a water package. What DS feels he needs is a pre-paid Ben&Jerry's ice cream package. :p

I got the drink of the day every day on the Allure last month. Not sure what the OP was referring to.

they no longer heavily promote it.. it is listed in the daily planner and maybe the CD will mention it during his early morning show but that's it. the really don't have people roving the pool decks any more with trays full .

we had a few, but only because we knew from reading the planner(actually he was more interested in the daily beer special)

The juices at the Vitality Spa are not included in the RR package. I suppose if they make just the orange-only juice it might be...but not the mixed juices. I would have loved it if they were.

My only gripe with the freshly squeezed oj is that it's warm. It makes sense because the oranges are at room temperature....but I don't like ice cubes in my oj. One time, I took the glass full of juice to my cabin and put it in the fridge...and enjoyed a 'cold' oj later in the day!!

Joyce :D