Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

Whilst I agree with the majority of your post I cannot agree with the comment "this thread is stupid"

You may ask why and that is because it has really opened my eyes to see how people view each other and will make my next trip to the Concierge and Diamond lounge much more interesting looking and listening for people who behave like those mentioned in these postings.;)

Ditto...we're talking about the over crowding of the CL....and some of the jerks in there.

Whilst I agree with the majority of your post I cannot agree with the comment "this thread is stupid"

You may ask why and that is because it has really opened my eyes to see how people view each other and will make my next trip to the Concierge and Diamond lounge much more interesting looking and listening for people who behave like those mentioned in these postings.;)

I agree. I'm thinking this thread is more observations rather than finger-pointing. I know mine are. I'm like the poster above: I just avoid the obnoxious people in and out of the DL and CL. I actually find them rather entertaining...... unless they affect me personally.

That happened on our Jewel cruise this month. A woman literally forced her way on an elevator when I told her twice there was no room. The other people in the back were jammed to let my husband and I on the floor above. She forced her way past me, dragging her husband by the hand, and he practically knocked me over.

I kept my mouth shut until I got off. I turned to her (hiding behind people in the front corner) and told her, "have a great day, b*tch".

Edited by pcur

Of course not, they had the card room and the kids playroom set up as a "D, D+, Plat" event each evening. Again, no room to accommodate everyone.

I don't mind sitting in the other lounges around the ship and meeting the other "classless" passengers.:eek: Some of the other bartenders around the ship were various generous with their fills.

On our 12-4-2014 EX cruise, the card room was D+ overflow, the 19th Hole Bar (where the DL is on Freedom class ships) was for suite overflow. Diamonds had their own event in another lounge.

1. There are nice people who are on their first cruise.

2. There are snobs who are on their first cruise.

3. There are nice people who are Gold C&A.

4. There are snobs who are Gold C&A.

5. There are nice people who are Platinum C&A.

6. There are snobs who are Platinum C&A.

7. There are nice people who are Emerald.

8. There are snobs who are Emerald.

9. There are nice people who are Diamond.

10. There are snobs who are Diamond.

11. There are nice people who are Diamond Plus.

12. There are snobs who are Diamond Plus.

13. There are nice people who are Pinnacle Club.

14. There are snobs who are Pinnacle Club.

15. There are nice people who are suite guests.

16. There are snobs who are suite guests.

The sniping and finger pointing on this thread are stupid. This thread is stupid.

Just my oh-so-humble opinion, of course.

Well said

Thank you Marionmom - there are classless and classy people at all economic levels.

Personally we have had very few nights of 'crowding' in the lounges. We do go later usually after first seating. So the crowding issue maybe become more of a problem with the Dynamic Dining - where there maybe more people who park themselves in the lounges for as many free drinks as they can consume.

I still don't get the posts mentioning "suite guests" or D/D+ guests in the lounge. I've had many lovely conversations with others in the lounge and have NO IDEA if they are D+/P or in a suite.

Then you've only met suite guests, D+/P let you know :)

(Booked for 5th suite experience with RCCL - first was the best where we met two great and humble Pinnacle members - but D+ peeps are very quick to announce status from my limited experience in the lounge!)

In all of my cruises (will be D+ on Quantum), never met any level that promoted themselves. Maybe it's because we usually go the D lounge and have a quick drink before dinner--we don't hang around. The only ones that brought attention to themselves, are/were the 2 gentlemen that cruised the Adventure for 6 months and dressed in crazy get ups with colorful bags. Saw them again on the Serenade Medit. itinerary.

(Booked for 5th suite experience with RCCL - first was the best where we met two great and humble Pinnacle members - but D+ peeps are very quick to announce status from my limited experience in the lounge!)

The same can be said about some suite guests sailed on a 18 night med cruise and one of our other table guests mentioned that they where in a suite every night that they dined in the MDR the best nights at diner for the rest of the table guest where the nights that he was not there.

The sniping and finger pointing on this thread are stupid. This thread is stupid.

No, she's right. Real or imagined, this thread has become an 'I Can Top That' thread. I'm leaning toward mostly imagined.

Yes, we have seen people camped out before it opens and after it closes cocktail hour................We have in the past done first dinner, and go early and leave by 6pm. On a rare occasion we have seen same people there at 8pm. They could have left, eaten and come back, but, wondered.

Since I really don't care what people think, I'll be one of the rare to admit I've done this. I don't make a habit out of it, but I have very fond memories of showing up to the Radiance CL at opening and while getting caught up in conversation, laughter, a few drinks, and fun with the concierge, looking at my watch and realizing it was 8. This also happened once or twice on the Oasis (or maybe Allure...I don't remember). But to those who have an issue, I say so what? Isn't that what it's for?

And to the rest of you on this thread who have also done this, you're welcome for jumping on the grenade. ;)

Since I really don't care what people think, I'll be one of the rare to admit I've done this. I don't make a habit out of it, but I have very fond memories of showing up to the Radiance CL at opening and while getting caught up in conversation, laughter, a few drinks, and fun with the concierge, looking at my watch and realizing it was 8. This also happened once or twice on the Oasis (or maybe Allure...I don't remember). But to those who have an issue, I say so what? Isn't that what it's for?

And to the rest of you on this thread who have also done this, you're welcome for jumping on the grenade. ;)

I'm with you on the grenade don't normally use the CL but in the DL normal in the same seat, same bartender who we look after with a good tip and very rarely have a empty glass, what's wrong with that?

Edited by BARNET

We are only diamond C & A [just the last 3 cruises], so we have never experienced the CL. But, we have our first GS booked for March for DH birthday cruise. I am a little concerned that we will not get much our of spending the extra money on a suite. On one of our last 2 cruises [ a TA ] there were tons of D [and D+] members and we could not get into the lounge in the evening. People arrived way before 5 pm and moved large groups of chairs to clustered a couple of tables. A couple of times we were able to snag chairs at 6 pm. But, others soon learned that was the time to go to the lounge.

I guess I was foolish to think that the CL would be different.

We are only diamond C & A [just the last 3 cruises], so we have never experienced the CL. But, we have our first GS booked for March for DH birthday cruise. I am a little concerned that we will not get much our of spending the extra money on a suite. On one of our last 2 cruises [ a TA ] there were tons of D [and D+] members and we could not get into the lounge in the evening. People arrived way before 5 pm and moved large groups of chairs to clustered a couple of tables. A couple of times we were able to snag chairs at 6 pm. But, others soon learned that was the time to go to the lounge.

I guess I was foolish to think that the CL would be different.

If you are not on a repositioning cruise, I think you will be ok. C&A members love those cruises because of the lower prices, more days at sea, and the chance to reconnect with friends. :)

Aquahound, you made me smile. My response to people who are critical of those who might get a little tipsy on a cruise is -- really? People having too much to drink on a cruise ship? What next? People being critical of those who overeat? :eek:

Edited by travelgoddess1

I don't care about status, they need to be able to accommodate all if there are to be "perks" if they know there are 200 pinnacles on board then they need to reserve some space for them. Let the suites have one space and the loyal cruisers have another. No fuss, no muss as Mom always said. After all, we are all on a cruise for the same reason!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said.

Yep, and the idiotic sniping continues unabated.

On my recent INDY cruise the older crowd hogged up all the interior chairs and wouldn't move from opening to closing. Most had 1 drink over 3 hours. Come on
Edited by LetsGetWet!

Your experience is obviously limited since we have met perhaps as many guests who are not bashful about boasting that they are in a suite or only book suites. Such boastful behavior isn't confined to those of a certain C&A status or the level of stateroom they are booked in. We have met any number of wonderful folks in the lounge and don't care what their status is that allows them access.

Well said.

The bottom line is that many qualify for the small lounges and some people make them their home for the evening. I don't even bother going to either anymore. Just me and my sweetie at a bar/lounge of our choice thanks to the voucher program. And the other lounges even usually have music. I'll skip the wrapped hotdogs.

Commenting on the stupidity of the ongoing topic is just running up post counts.

Edited by cruzincurt

On my recent INDY cruise the older crowd hogged up all the interior chairs and wouldn't move from opening to closing. Most had 1 drink over 3 hours. Come on

On another thread you say you are not yet D+

So, can I assume you sail in suites to gain access to the CL?

Also wondering how you know how many drinks someone had over the three hours unless you were there?