Voyager of the Seas in Sydney today - 8 Decemeber 2014

AussieVisi2r Royal have gone all out for the welcome party.

Its doing a one night trip tonight. They had a big fireworks display this evening and all alcohol is free for this trip!

Arriving back at 5.30am local time Tuesday 9 Dec......

some folk are probably still partying..:D

9voy1_zpse20be985.jpg

9voy2_zpsc793bc13.jpg

Royal have gone all out for the welcome party.

Its doing a one night trip tonight. They had a big fireworks display this evening and all alcohol is free for this trip!

Oh god no. Did they not learn at all. Last year when they did the 1 nighter for its very first sailing from Sydney, all hell broke loose on board the ship and alcohol was not free. From fights to sex in the hot tubs with tons of people around including kids. It was pretty much gigantic nightclub that wasn't set up to handle it all.

Edited by Cruise ship fan

Oh god no. Did they not learn at all. Last year when they did the 1 nighter for its very first sailing from Sydney, all hell broke loose on board the ship and alcohol was not free. From fights to sex in the hot tubs with tons of people around including kids. It was pretty much gigantic nightclub that wasn't set up to handle it all.

To be there or see the results is both intriguing and repelling at the same time.:eek:

So now we don't know which way she will park :eek:

Those who chose a starboard cabin for Opera House view based on existing parking, may be out of luck :)

Could be good news for us though. We are on the "wrong" ie port side - I was expecting whining from teen daughter about us overlooking the OPT!

Edited by aussielozzie18

This "overnighter" was a lot different to previous ones. It was basically an invite only for industry, media etc to show off the the refurb so guests would have been "better behaved" even though there was free alcohol and organized parties not starting till midnight.There were only about 1200 passengers on board so plenty of room to move around explore.

No reports of any "activity" in the hot tubs, but what happens on board stays on board;);).

Unfortunately I did not get a chance today to talk to my "reilable source" as to why Voyager was bow in but I think maybe it was because she was not loading any "provisions" or unloading any luggage because of the overnighter (all carry on) and possibly to give the "special guests" a view from both sides of the ship.

Gae / Mic The new northern wharf extension will always be used, because in the past (pre extension) the ships were still tied up in the same position on the wharf but just "overhung" the northern end, but now there is a "deck" right along the ships length.

As to whether she will continue to tie up bow in, we shall just have to wait till the 20th Dec when she is next in and see. the Solstice, which is the other ship that normally reverses in , is still doing so, but maybe when the new debark area opens next month it may change??????I don't know (yet)

Thanks for the photos.:)

I was too lazy after the partaying, to get out of bed, and watch the arrival.:D

Missed Graham on the disembark.:( Now trying for December 23rd, Radiance.

So I wasted half the morning looking for you..... while you were still snoring:D:D:D See ya on the 23rd

Unfortunately I did not get a chance today to talk to my "reilable source" as to why Voyager was bow in but I think maybe it was because she was not loading any "provisions" or unloading any luggage because of the overnighter (all carry on) and possibly to give the "special guests" a view from both sides of the ship.

Gae / Mic The new northern wharf extension will always be used, because in the past (pre extension) the ships were still tied up in the same position on the wharf but just "overhung" the northern end, but now there is a "deck" right along the ships length.

As to whether she will continue to tie up bow in, we shall just have to wait till the 20th Dec when she is next in and see. the Solstice, which is the other ship that normally reverses in , is still doing so, but maybe when the new debark area opens next month it may change??????I don't know (yet)

Thanks for the information, just wonderful Graham, see you next week.:D