How to best use suite perks on the Allure of the Seas

KyRoamer

I've searched and learned a lot but still can use some advice. We will be sailing on the Allure on February 8th staying in Grand Suite 9254.

This will be our third Royal Caribbean cruise but always on smaller ships. Because of the size we decided to move up from our usual mini-suite to a full suite.

I know that we get early on and off and have Concierge Lounge privileges. Never having had access to the CL, what can we do there?

I understand that we have priority for specialty dining and excursions. But I keep hearing that reservations for both fill up fast. Once full, does our "priority" mean anything if I have not already booked? And what about the shows -- how far in advance do we need to book to get suite guest seating?

Because we like to dine around we choose the flexible dining option. We'd like to take advantage of the best dinners in the MDR and use the specialty restaurants on other nights. For example I do not want to do the steakhouse on lobster night (assuming there is one). So any way to get MDR menus in advance?

We will be at sea Valentine's day. Any idea what special activities will be aboard. Since the cruise is part of our 50th anniversary celebration we want to find the most romantic venue for dinner on the 14th (our actual anniversary was earlier in the year but she is not letting me off that easy -- this is her year!!!). Any suggestions?

As suite guests we could dine on our balcony or in our room. What are the breakfast and lunch options for suite guests? How well done is the in-room dining option?

I saw something saying new for suite passengers:

• The Coastal Kitchen restaurant offering fresh cuisine that fuses Mediterranean influences with California cool
  • A private lounge with ocean views
  • A dedicated sun deck with loungers

Is there a Coastal kitchen currently on the Allure? How does it compare to the other specialty restaurants.

Is there really a private lounge and dedicated sun deck for suite guests?

The specialty restaurants include dinner at the Chefs Table for $85. Worth it?

Where can the best seafood be found on board the Allure?

What is the guest policy for breakfast and lunch? May I bring a non-suite guest to breakfast?

Any tips or suggestions for first time suite guests. I'd hate to waste a lot of time learning my way around.

Phyllis and I would love to meet with fellow suite guests. I am an almost retired lawyer (wife won't let me stay home so I go to the office most days) and she is a retired PR professional. We feel young (most of the time) and get around just fine.

We will sign-in in the roll call area and may meet some of you there.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Wow, You have been busy, long post. I will try to answer some.

We have been in two crown loft suites and the benefits are the same.

I've searched and learned a lot but still can use some advice. We will be sailing on the Allure on February 8th staying in Grand Suite 9254.

This will be our third Royal Caribbean cruise but always on smaller ships. Because of the size we decided to move up from our usual mini-suite to a full suite.

I know that we get early on and off and have Concierge Lounge privileges. Never having had access to the CL, what can we do there?

Evening cocktails and hordevors

breakfast

I understand that we have priority for specialty dining and excursions. But I keep hearing that reservations for both fill up fast. Once full, does our "priority" mean anything if I have not already booked? And what about the shows -- how far in advance do we need to book to get suite guest seating?

The only reservation you really need for shows is the comdey club, fills up fast.

Also if you really want a specific specialty restuarant book early on line, your time you want maybe already booked out.

Because we like to dine around we choose the flexible dining option. We'd like to take advantage of the best dinners in the MDR and use the specialty restaurants on other nights. For example I do not want to do the steakhouse on lobster night (assuming there is one). So any way to get MDR menus in advance?

Yes which route are you sailing, eastern or western and then google formal night.

We will be at sea Valentine's day. Any idea what special activities will be aboard. Since the cruise is part of our 50th anniversary celebration we want to find the most romantic venue for dinner on the 14th (our actual anniversary was earlier in the year but she is not letting me off that easy -- this is her year!!!). Any suggestions?

Nothing persay special, it will be what you make it.....dinner

As suite guests we could dine on our balcony or in our room. What are the breakfast and lunch options for suite guests? How well done is the in-room dining option?

We did breakfast and lunch in our suite. Dinner was off the MDR menus and very well done.

• The Coastal Kitchen restaurant offering fresh cuisine that fuses Mediterranean influences with California cool

On Oasis, soon for Allure after dry dock.

Is there a Coastal kitchen currently on the Allure? How does it compare to the other specialty restaurants.

Not yet.

Yes and it is nice, windy, private, but too far from the pool

For us no, maybe for your 50th.

Um, not 5 star anywhere, its a cruise that serves the masses of people.

What is the guest policy for breakfast and lunch? May I bring a non-suite guest to breakfast?

NO

Any tips or suggestions for first time suite guests. I'd hate to waste a lot of time learning my way around.

Chill, relax, enjoy

Phyllis and I would love to meet with fellow suite guests. I am an almost retired lawyer (wife won't let me stay home so I go to the office most days) and she is a retired PR professional. We feel young (most of the time) and get around just fine.

Should have no problem in the lounge

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Ok I tried to type in my answers in your monologue.

Good luck reading it.

We have been on 5 RCI cruises all in suites, We will not travel in anything but, once a suite always a suite.

Sea Ya

Read the list of "suite perks" on the RCI website....that should about cover what you'll be entitled to.

If you want to meet others, it's best to do traditional dining at a larger table, rather than eating alone like you would in MTD....

The pool deck will have an AREA for suites...it's usually not the best area, but it is "suite only"....same with the theaters...they will have a "suite seating area"....you will have to arrive about 20-15 mins. prior, or they give the seats to the general public.

It's true...there is no "5 star" dining anywhere, IMO....3 star is about the best you can expect....

The menus are posted daily at the entrance to the dining room...some folks will post their menus from past cruises, but they can (and do) switch it up...so while the menu might be right, the day might not be.

Read the list of "suite perks" on the RCI website....that should about cover what you'll be entitled to.

If you want to meet others, it's best to do traditional dining at a larger table, rather than eating alone like you would in MTD....

The pool deck will have an AREA for suites...it's usually not the best area, but it is "suite only"....same with the theaters...they will have a "suite seating area"....you will have to arrive about 20-15 mins. prior, or they give the seats to the general public.

It's true...there is no "5 star" dining anywhere, IMO....3 star is about the best you can expect....

The menus are posted daily at the entrance to the dining room...some folks will post their menus from past cruises, but they can (and do) switch it up...so while the menu might be right, the day might not be.

Wow, I didn't know that you had sailed in a suite on the Oasis or Allure, cb at sea. What kind of suite did you have? Did you enjoy it?

KyRoamer, you can see the menus for the main dining room up in the Concierge Lounge, which on Allure is still on Deck 11.

I do not think that Allure will get Coastal Kitchen until after her drydock, which is after your February cruise.

Chef's Table is WONDERFUL and worth the money. If you want your anniversary dinner to be with company, do this.

If you want "just you", go to 150 Central Park for the big anniversary dinner.

The best place to meet other suite guests is in the Concierge Lounge. :)

You cannot take guests into the Concierge Lounge. But the menu is limited for breakfast and lunch. You may find yourselves eating elsewhere.

Lobster will be served on second formal night, which will probably be night #5 for your particular cruise - February 12.

Seafood is not a strong point on RC cruises. Hard to keep it fresh. I have had very good salmon and the corvina is good, as is the cod. The scallop appetizer is excellent.

Happy anniversary to Mike and Phyllis!

:)

The OP will be doing the Western as I get on the 15th and am doing the Eastern. Another perk if you are interested is at Labadee, RCCL's private beach area in Haiti. If you would like to spend the day in a cabana at Barefoot Beach (private beach there for Pinnacle and suite guests), you may email the concierge and request one. The charge is anywhere from $175 to $225 I think. The waterfront and hillside are the higher priced. The addy is AL_concierge01@RCCL.com. You could also use 02. Other than that Lioness and Merion_ Mom have given you the essentials.

There is an underscore between AL and Concierge

Edited by redcrown

Wow. Not complaining because RCCL hasn't kept this a secret - but I am saying I severely dislike this whole "reservations in advance" thing for specialty dining.

I'm in a Sky-Loft for Feb 13th, Quantum. Yes, my fault - I did rather recent bookings and only tomorrow, will I get into the website to try and reserve stuff.

But geez, 45 days in advance and I might not get dinner reservations? As if Im trying to get into some exclusive Kobe Club or world known French place in NYC or Paris.

How is it working out? If I don't get online reservations, is it impossible to get into speciality dining at somewhat decent hours?

Wow. Not complaining because RCCL hasn't kept this a secret - but I am saying I severely dislike this whole "reservations in advance" thing for specialty dining.

I'm in a Sky-Loft for Feb 13th, Quantum. Yes, my fault - I did rather recent bookings and only tomorrow, will I get into the website to try and reserve stuff.

But geez, 45 days in advance and I might not get dinner reservations? As if Im trying to get into some exclusive Kobe Club or world known French place in NYC or Paris.

How is it working out? If I don't get online reservations, is it impossible to get into speciality dining at somewhat decent hours?

You have access to Coastal Kitchen, as well as the other four complimentary restaurants.

The concierges will assist you with reservations once you are on board, if necessary.

No worries.

:)

Mike

On the Allure in December we were on for 2 weeks so had many opportunities to dine in our suite. We loved that perk! We even had dinner guests one night when we were in the owners suite. We were also in a grand suite but it only had a coffee table for dining where the OS had a dining room table for 4. The room service folks make a nice presentation with linen table cloths whether they are setting up in the OS, GS or the table out on the balcony. We used the balcony table and chairs for the GS.

There is a private deck for suite folks. It's way up, I think on 17 forward. There is ample seating, tables, chairs and chaise lounges. Depending on ship position you can find shade or sun. There's a bar up there and DH appreciated being able to smoke a cigar at any time. The area was barely used.

Wish we could do suites all the time. ;)

Up until Quantum, Allure and Oasis had the best suite sun deck on deck 17. Bar, bartender, tables, chairs, lounge chairs, and pool towels. Some people don't like being that far from the pool but I couldn't careless. I haven't checked out Quantum's suite sun deck yet.

The Suite Concierge can make almost any dining reservation you desire. I've never had one that couldn't. If you use him, tip him.

No need for reservations for any shows except maybe the comedy show. My memory escapes me on the comedy show.

I'm not a big fan of the concierge lounge but that's just me. I'd rather sit at a bar during cocktail hour and I wasn't that impressed with their breakfast and lunch but again, that's just me. You may love it.

Have a great cruise.

Up until Quantum, Allure and Oasis had the best suite sun deck on deck 17. Bar, bartender, tables, chairs, lounge chairs, and pool towels. Some people don't like being that far from the pool but I couldn't careless. I haven't checked out Quantum's suite sun deck yet.

The Suite Concierge can make almost any dining reservation you desire. I've never had one that couldn't. If you use him, tip him.

No need for reservations for any shows except maybe the comedy show. My memory escapes me on the comedy show.

I'm not a big fan of the concierge lounge but that's just me. I'd rather sit at a bar during cocktail hour and I wasn't that impressed with their breakfast and lunch but again, that's just me. You may love it.

Have a great cruise.

Correct the only show they would need reservations for is the comedy show. All others have reserved seating for suite guests held until 15 minutes before show time. At that time they release the seats to anyone.

I reserved some activities on line and had to give a credit card. I have $500 in onboard credit to use.

Can I cancel once onboard and then rebook using the onboard credit?

Yes, you can cancel onboard, but that will not immediately result in a credit to your credit card. They will credit the cost to your onboard account. At the end of the cruise, any excess refundable funds in your onboard account can go back to your credit card, or you can ask for cash on the last day.

Edited by clarea

Just to clarify, Barefoot Beach on Labadee is exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle club members. You do not have to rent a cabana to enjoy this great beach. There is plenty of natural shade as well as palapas on the beach. There is an upgraded lunch served there as well. It doesn't get as crowded as other areas of Labadee. You do need water shoes as the entry to the water is full of broken coral. Once in the sea, however, it is all sand as is the beach area itself. We so enjoy Barefoot Beach and happily will be there again next week!

* Can't answer.

*Yes and it's awesome. Quiet. Better loungers. Towels available so you don't have to carry you own. Bathroom on same level. Fresh fruit available which they come around to provide.

*It continues to be my favorite meal. Better than CP 150. Will go back every time. The food/ wine pairings are perfect.

* Can't answer.

* no you may not unless they are the required status. Diamond and above?

* Make your reservations for meals asap. There are still ideal slots open for suite guests anyway. If you didn't book the comedy show or missed like we did there are available times for suite guests. You have the option of making the Chefs Table prior to boarding without being charged especially if you have obc credit.

Order in your room. No 3.95 fee for late night meals. Ask stateroom attendant to explain lights. You are provided with a glass bottle of Evian. Request an ice bucket in advance if you are bringing your own wine/bubbly. Dexter in the CL was fantastic! Ask to see the breakfast and lunch items on the menu and not buffet. Better choices.

* you will meet many people there. By the end of the week large groups were gathered.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick