Oasis DL Update

dz9yvr

I wonder what RCL is really going to do for a DL on Oasis. The "new DL" on Oasis has been converted back to part of the MDR. Plans for Wonderland on Oasis have been shelved. The old CL or new DL is a pretty sad looking place. There are no decorations and the furniture looks like it was gathered from several garage sales. The furniture is a collection of old CL furniture, old DL furniture, furniture from the old MTD waiting area and goofy looking silver chairs that were rejected from the new new suite lounge. Not a very impressive way to treat highly valued customers.

Are you onboard now? They've closed the new Diamond Lounge? I thought they had to do considerable renovation for that venue. How can it just be converted back to MDR space? Where exactly is the DL now? Sounds........confusing.

I wonder what RCL is really going to do for a DL on Oasis. The "new DL" on Oasis has been converted back to part of the MDR. Plans for Wonderland on Oasis have been shelved. The old CL or new DL is a pretty sad looking place. There are no decorations and the furniture looks like it was gathered from several garage sales. The furniture is a collection of old CL furniture, old DL furniture, furniture from the old MTD waiting area and goofy looking silver chairs that were rejected from the new new suite lounge. Not a very impressive way to treat highly valued customers.

So I take it you're on the Oasis now? We were on it Dec. 6 and they were working upstairs in the CL to get Wonderland completed. DL was on 4 and being used every evening and even had snacks and sandwiches for lunch.

I had heard that the CL sign on 11 was taken down and DL put in its place, is this true? Also, are they still serving beer/wine with lunch in the CL from 12-2pm? We didn't use the CL in the evening, mostly went to Vintages and used our drink coupons.

So I take it you're on the Oasis now? We were on it Dec. 6 and they were working upstairs in the CL to get Wonderland completed. DL was on 4 and being used every evening and even had snacks and sandwiches for lunch.

I had heard that the CL sign on 11 was taken down and DL put in its place, is this true? Also, are they still serving beer/wine with lunch in the CL from 12-2pm? We didn't use the CL in the evening, mostly went to Vintages and used our drink coupons.

Yes, we are currently onboard the Oasis. Yes the CL sign is gone from the deck 11 entrance and it has been replaced with a DL sign. They have stopped the free beer, wine and lunch from 12 - 2.

I noticed on the RCCL website that it no longer mentioned Wonderland as coming to the Allure.

Also it no longer says Mamma Mia coming to Allure.

These changes have just happened recently on the website since they announced the postponement of DD on Oasis & Allure.

But it does still say - New larger Diamond Lounge with ocean views**

**Concierge Club and new larger Diamond Lounge with ocean views.

So I wonder what is going on now with OA & AL :confused:

Well...like I have always said....the most consistent thing about Royal is their inconsistency :rolleyes:

Ok, so I'm trying to sort all this out:

The new DL is now being converted back into extra MDR space from which it was just created from.

The CL is now the CL and the DL, but not Wonderland (yet?) and now has no decor and thrown together furniture.

Sounds to me like RCI has no idea what they're doing with OA and AL. They should have just let them be. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here. They didn't need a new DL. Their CLs used to be the nicest in the fleet. And they surely didn't need more cabins.

If I am correct this is possibly the speculated change that many thought was coming. D and D+ in one lounge and suites and P's in another???

Possibly. What will come of the old (which is new) Diamond Lounge. Will it become Wonderland? Does that mean that perhaps Chefs Table might return? Does this spell the end of DD for Oasis and Allure?

Now that is a lot of changes again. We were on the Oasis on Nov. 29, 2014. They were rolling out the new Suite Lounge and showing us the changes. We really liked the suite lounge but the chairs were so uncomfortable. That is probably why they moved them. We also liked the new suite perks but we have heard they have since taken them away. It is hard to keep up with this. Our GS wasn't quite ready when we sailed and workers came 3 afternoons in a row to fix things. The Oasis staff was great but they can only do so much with what they are given. I just think it is all so disorganized. The company should be making some management changes because the people in power right now can't seem to get it right.

So I booked this cruise for March 28, 2015 for all the new stuff and new restaurants. Also this will be our first cruise as diamond members. I was kind of bummed about the canceling of dynamic dinning, but I understand. Now the removal of the brand new Diamond Lounge has really got me aggravated. What's next? Selling doughnuts out of the new hot dog place? Maybe I can pick up a cupcake at the new Kate Spade store?! Come on Royal Caribbean!! Get your act together!!

Ok, so I'm trying to sort all this out:

The new DL is now being converted back into extra MDR space from which it was just created from.

The CL is now the CL and the DL, but not Wonderland (yet?) and now has no decor and thrown together furniture.

Sounds to me like RCI has no idea what they're doing with OA and AL. They should have just let them be. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here. They didn't need a new DL. Their CLs used to be the nicest in the fleet. And they surely didn't need more cabins.

Bingo!!!

This is making me nervous. I have Oasis booked for next May, in a GS. Let me make sure I have my facts straight...

So the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen are still running as planned correct?

No CL right? (I was expecting that to be removed.)

And what going on with the DL? I'm not allowed in there ;), but curious what's going on with the MDR. How are they changing it to MDR seating??? Any word on a date for DD, or has the idea been ditched???

Royal needs to get there act together!

Plans for Wonderland on Oasis have been shelved. The old CL or new DL is a pretty sad looking place.

Not sure I completely understand.

1. Has Wonderland been ditched?

2. Are you saying the old CL is the new DL?

If #2 is correct, I am at a loss. Why would RCCL take a great venue for D+ and hand it over to lower rated Ds? I don't get it.

Not sure I completely understand.

1. Has Wonderland been ditched?

2. Are you saying the old CL is the new DL?

If #2 is correct, I am at a loss. Why would RCCL take a great venue for D+ and hand it over to lower rated Ds? I don't get it.

Think of it as a divorce between Suites and D+. The Suites moved out to VCL and have taken the furniture. D+ kept the house (the "old" CL), apparently have new-to-them ratty furniture and have new roommates - the rest of the Diamonds. Your guess on Wonderland is as good as mine - I thought that was a done deal for a new pay restaurant, but apparently RCI came to the realization that deleting several hundred seats in the MDR (for the no longer new [apparently now sort of old] DL plus Izumi) wasn't working, and they have restored half of those deleted seats.

Thom