Special Dinner for Suites

We were on Expl. in June in a suite and attended a special dinner for suite guests. Do they do this on all ships?

They did it on our cruise on the Navigator last May. It was nice to see the Captain and all the officers but the food was nothing to get excited about. :cool:

There was a lot on Explorer for suite guests we had not experienced elsewhere but. I think much of that is down to the concierge who was fantastic. We had a lovely lunch with officers on cococay, a 'welcome aboard' get together with senior crew. It was great, first class service.

There was a lot on Explorer for suite guests we had not experienced elsewhere but. I think much of that is down to the concierge who was fantastic. We had a lovely lunch with officers on cococay, a 'welcome aboard' get together with senior crew. It was great, first class service.

I'm guessing Explorer's Hotel Director had much to do with that. He takes care of his suite guests.

When we did Explorer in September, Francois Wache was the HD and he definitely knows how to take care of Suite Guests and make them feel special. The dinner with officers in the WJ was a wonderful event.

Edited by cruisenfever

We were on Expl. in June in a suite and attended a special dinner for suite guests. Do they do this on all ships?

all I have ever gotten was a suite only reception on GR( never anything on EN)

ask me in two weeks when we get back from Navigator...

When we did Explorer in September, Francois Wache was the HD and he definitely knows how to take care of Suite Guests and make them feel special. The dinner with officers in the WJ was a wonderful event.

They did on our December EX cruise, though the HD was John Denton. First time I've ever had lobster and prime rib at a buffet.:)

Edited by clarea

On Oasis we had a cocktail party on Deck 17 mingled with officers

On Enchantment we had a sit down breakfast with an officer in MDR and the next time we had a nice breakfast in Chops without officers.

On Vision twice we had a sit down tapas and drinks with Officers talking to guests.

On Jewel we had a brunch with Officers.

On Freedom there was a cocktail party in Vintages.

Going on Explorer soon and hope they still do the Windjammer Dinner.

The options are different on each ship and sometime different on the same ship. You never know.

Edited by irishgal432

Didn't happen on the Allure in December.

It should hopefully happen every night on Allure in some sense following the May refurbishment as long as they still add the Coastal Kitchen venue.

Officers have been dining regularly at CK on Quantum and Oasis since they have made the addition.

We will be on Legends and I am hoping they have the dinner. It was lovely on the Explor. officers joined each table and as it was said they had several different kinds of lobster plus steak and other things. Have never done the cocktail party's but plan on trying to make it this time.:D

I am so happy to hear about the concierge on Explorer. My DM and DF just set sail on Explorer a few minutes ago...9-days in the Eastern Caribbean. They haven't sailed a great deal, but are not complete novices either. Their last sailing was their first in a GS and they got hooked with the perks so when they booked this sailing they grabbed a GS again. They can't wait to meet the Concierge and experience all that comes with it. Now I can't wait to hear all about it!

They did on our December EX cruise, though the HD was John Denton. First time I've ever had lobster and prime rib at a buffet.:)

We had the same thing. Unfortunately, the lobster tails were on the rubbery side from sitting in the steam table too long.