Gratuities Amounts?

I am sure this has been asked a million times before but during my search I don't feel I got the right answers...Sorry and thank you in advance for your help

It has been several years since our last cruise, and this is our first GS... I am just trying to get an idea of what our daily gratuities will be and the breakdown of what staff gets how much and any other optional tips such as room service.

My stepson and a friend are joining us (23 and 21 say a lil prayer for me lol) . I set them up in a PR and I guess it will be on us to pay their tips as well.

Any and all help/info is welcomed. again thanks

I am sure this has been asked a million times before but during my search I don't feel I got the right answers...Sorry and thank you in advance for your help

It has been several years since our last cruise, and this is our first GS... I am just trying to get an idea of what our daily gratuities will be and the breakdown of what staff gets how much and any other optional tips such as room service.

My stepson and a friend are joining us (23 and 21 say a lil prayer for me lol) . I set them up in a PR and I guess it will be on us to pay their tips as well.

Don't know the breakdown, but a full suite (Grand Suite or better) is $14.25 per person per day, and everything else is $12.00 per person per day.

$14.25 per person, per day for the GS.

$12 per person, per day for the PR.

These will be charged automatically to your onboard account. They take care of everyone that serves you aside from room service and the concierge (you will have access to the concierge since you are in a GS) although these are optional and entirely at your discretion.

Room service is included in the auto tip so don't feel obligated to tip extra unless you want to. Some of the money is not going to people who serve you but to RCL for their incentive programs. Other cruise lines charge $12 per day for a suite so RCL is a bit higher. You can adjust your auto tip up down or eliminate them at guest services depending on your perceptions and services received. they are SUGGESTIONS not mandatory.

Do you have a link for this information? :rolleyes:

Room service is included in the auto tip so don't feel obligated to tip extra unless you want to. Some of the money is not going to people who serve you but to RCL for their incentive programs. Other cruise lines charge $12 per day for a suite so RCL is a bit higher. You can adjust your auto tip up down or eliminate them at guest services depending on your perceptions and services received. they are SUGGESTIONS not mandatory.

uhh NO. RS is NOT part of the daily gratuity charge.

as for your other comments. well I'd love to see some official Royal documentation showing that.

OP: the daily fee of $14.25 covers everything you can normally expect: all meals in included venues. and you housekeeping. RS is at you discretion( $1-5 is more than enough per delivery based on what you order outside theta night hours when there is a surcharge)

same with Concierge. if he does lots for you, you may want to slip him a few bucks. if he does nothing, then don't. although I do suggest that you consider tipping the bartender in the CL who is schlepping you free drinks every night.

This is completely untrue and I have no idea where you got this information. :eek: However, if you have a link that will document your statement, it would be helpful if you could post it.

And, Room Service is definitely not included in the gratuity figure that I broke down above.

Edited by cruisenfever

In addition to the daily tips posted to your seapass account for each person, there is also a 15% tip added to all drink purchases.

Room service should also be tipped $1 to $5 depending on the size of the order.

Also, drinks in the concierge lounge during the cocktail hour are free - most people will tip the bartenders there, either at the end of the cruise, or nightly. It's always very much appreciated.

Some people also tip the concierge depending on services provided.

As others have said, Room Service is not included in the daily tip charge. Neither is the Concierge. If you use either a tip is welcome. We usually tip the Room Service person $3 if only 2 of us are eating. In a GS you get a full menu. We hosted a breakfast for 8 and ordered everything anyone wanted including Eggs Benedict. We tipped extra for the large order.

Reading some of the comments it seems that some posters are concerned you might not get good service and might tip extra. My guess is that you'll get superior service and will want to tip extra. We always have. We use the Concierge for dinner reservations and other things, so we tip him too. We also tip the bar waiters in the Concierge Lounge. The Concierge does do work for you behind the scenes, so even if you don't use him, consider a tip at the end of the week.

Tips are an expression of your gratitude for services rendered. Tip as you see fit, and not what others do or don't do.

Again tipping is up to the person, I preferred it about 6 years ago when there was no auto-tips, but service is normally excellent we had a fantastic room steward for GS so we tipped extra, I would also tip room service a few dollars and give a few extra dollars now and then to my favorite bartenders, we also tip extra 5 or 10 at specialty restaurants but that is us