Azamara News Jan 14, 2015 (Journey & Quest Drydocks)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I noticed this Azamara article on Seatrade. It doesn't offer any significant details about the upcoming drydocks for Journey and Quest, but I thought this would be of interest to our Azamara community. It's nice to hear they are planning "significant" upgrades :

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/azamara-plans-significant-drydock-upgrades.html

Azamara Club Cruises is planning one of the largest drydock upgrade programs since it has owned Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey, Seatrade Insider has learned.

While it's preliminary to share details, the vast majority of this 'significant' work will focus on passenger areas and accommodations, according to Azamara president and ceo Larry Pimentel, who called the projects 'an opportunity to ensure the ships stay in the up-market space.

'We're a destination-immersion product,' he added, 'but with this clientele it's incumbent to maintain the appropriate decor.'

Azamara Journey would begin its docking at the end of December and Azamara Quest in early January. Each project would stretch an estimated 3.5 to four weeks. The location is to be determined.

Edited by Host Andy

Host Andy,

Already posted this information on a different thread about an hour ago. Perhaps you should merge the two threads before they have too many posts.

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

I tried to merge the 2 threads, but the boards were acting up. For now, I'm leaving this thread, but will try to merge them later.

I do not think these dates or timescales tie up with the ones Bonnie gave last week (both 2 weeks, Quest in Sept 2015 and Journey in January 2016) Bonnie please can you reconfirm what is correct between the two?

I do not think these dates or timescales tie up with the ones Bonnie gave last week (both 2 weeks, Quest in Sept 2015 and Journey in January 2016) Bonnie please can you reconfirm what is correct between the two?

You are correct UKtog. I've just checked Azamara's website, and they currently show a full slate of sailings for Quest in January 2016, and for Journey in late December 2015/early Jan 2016, which is the timeframe quoted in the article. Perhaps the timeframe mentioned in the Seatrade article is incorrect. If not, then some of the above sailing dates may be affected.

I'm wondering... wouldn't you think that a Drydock for Journey around Christmas/New Years would be unlikely, as that's peak vacation time ?

Hopefully, Bonnie will obtain an update for us.

Edited by Host Andy

You are correct UKtog. I've just checked Azamara's website, and they currently show a full slate of sailings for Quest in January 2016, and for Journey in late December 2015/early Jan 2016, which is the timeframe quoted in the article. Perhaps the timeframe mentioned in the Seatrade article is incorrect. If not, then some of the above sailing dates may be affected.

I'm wondering... wouldn't you think that a Drydock for Journey around Christmas/New Years would be unlikely, as that's peak vacation time ?

Hopefully, Bonnie will obtain an update for us.

As Quest is on its much heralded maiden trip to Australia I am hoping Seattade is wrong otherwise having just made the plans one side of a January sailing I am going to be hopping mad. Still believing it's a misprint but hoping Bonnie is quick with any information.

Edited by uktog

As Quest is on its much heralded maiden trip to Australia I am hoping Seattade is wrong otherwise having just made the plans one side of a January sailing I am going to be hopping mad. Still believing it's a misprint but hoping Bonnie is quick with any information.

The article has been updated

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/azamara-plans-significant-drydock-upgrades.html

And, back to the original dates noted in this forum and 14 to 17 days rather than 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. We here were ahead of seatrade with the information. Location of drydock and work yet to be determined

I found this extra info

1.Azamara Journey

2016 January

new furniture and improvements of public spaces

Freeport, Bahamas

2.Azamara Quest

2015 Sept-Oct

Marseille, France

all suites and cabins will have new carpets, curtains, sofas and coffee tables

Are they not upgrading cabins on Journey? Only Quest??

Hi JVNYC,

Unfortunately, there's been some inaccurate information reported in the trades, since the news first broke. As it's unknown where Henk123 found his information, I'm willing to bet the information in his post may be incomplete. I'd certainly anticipate that the cabins on Journey will be upgraded as well.... but that's unconfirmed.

Hopefully, Bonnie will chime in with an answer.

My cabin on the Journey last summer was shabby....bad mattress, ..

Mattresses have not been a regular source of complaint.

I believe they were replaced in most, if not all, staterooms beginning in late 2012.

If there is a problem in a particular stateroom, I would certainly notify the Hotel Director.

Mattresses have not been a regular source of complaint.

I believe they were replaced in most, if not all, staterooms beginning in late 2012.

If there is a problem in a particular stateroom, I would certainly notify the Hotel Director.

Mattresses were indeed replaced on Journey. We were in two Journey staterooms in June and July--a suite and a VX--and both mattresses were just fine.

In November 2014, we were in a suite on Journey. I looked for the "shabbinesss" some people reported and did not find it. The carpet looked brand new, the bed was great, no mold in the shower, NO complaints. The only thing I did notice was some wear on the upholstery on the arms of the chair and loveseat, but that is to be expected.

Yes, the decor could use an "update", but it was clean and comfortable.