Best Loyalty Program

themutis

Until Celebrity changed their's a little over a year ago, they did, by far. Because of the length of cruises and the category of room we booked, we were Elite after four cruises. That meant the free drinks, free internet, free bag of laundry. Now, I'm not sure.

if you "lived" on a ship would the perks of priority embarkation, express luggage delivery, embarkation/disembarkation lounge, picture or pin of the ship, galley tour, back stage tour, and other useless fluff mean anything?

On the plus side at 3 credits per day for staying in a veranda you would become Zenith on the next cruise after your 1000th day. :D

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

Until Celebrity changed their's a little over a year ago, they did, by far. Because of the length of cruises and the category of room we booked, we were Elite after four cruises. That meant the free drinks, free internet, free bag of laundry. Now, I'm not sure.

Celebrity's is probably still the best with regards to living on a ship. It just takes longer to get the perks, it doesn't make them any less valuable. :)

Laundry, a good amount of free drinks, internet all come with Elite level.

With the recent thread on the "Cost of Living on a Ship", it got me wondering who has the best loyalty program.

Anyone have experience with other lines.

I have status with Celebrity, RCI, Princess, HAL and NCL. Of those 5, I think RCI currently has the best program, mostly for their Diamond Lounge and all the perks associated with it. That, and the balcony discounts.

I have status with Celebrity, RCI, Princess, HAL and NCL. Of those 5, I think RCI currently has the best program, mostly for their Diamond Lounge and all the perks associated with it. That, and the balcony discounts.

Depends on what you use. Free Laundry (wash and press), Dry Cleaning, Internet or Drinks.

Princess has the best in reference to Free Laundry and Dry Cleaning. Princess Internet is also very good.

Free Drinks (Lounges) are best on RCL.

Celebrity, with the change of their program no longer has anything to do with loyalty - just pay to play. With the point system depending on your category, you are paying for your CC level. IMO someone with six 7-night cruises in an inside cabin (2 pts per night - 6x7x2 = 84 points) is more "Loyal" Loyal to Celebrity than a special event couple taking one 7 night cruise (average suite 12 pts per night = 84 points). I get that they are paying more, but you pay for services, special restaurants, butlers.... what you pay shouldn't equate to "loyalty".

I think Celebrity has the best perks at the lower tiers. One category upgrade, scoop of gelato, 10% off internet package and photo package. That's just after the first sailing with them. Princess gives you a sticker and a book to stick it in. Big deal. Since they are offering the drink package with most bookings now on Celebrity the Elite cocktail hour is a moot point. I think elite on Princess is better with the unlimited free laundry however there is no tier between platinum and elite and there is a spread of 10 sailings between the two levels. It doesn't compel me to be loyal. I'm Classic on Celebrity and Platinum on Princess so price and itinerary still determine who I sail with. I have read many comments on the Princess board from elites who just hate to give up the perks so they seem to be trapped on one cruise line. At least Royal Caribbean and Celebrity programs are interchangeable.

Celebrity, with the change of their program no longer has anything to do with loyalty - just pay to play. With the point system depending on your category, you are paying for your CC level. IMO someone with six 7-night cruises in an inside cabin (2 pts per night - 6x7x2 = 84 points) is more "Loyal" Loyal to Celebrity than a special event couple taking one 7 night cruise (average suite 12 pts per night = 84 points). I get that they are paying more, but you pay for services, special restaurants, butlers.... what you pay shouldn't equate to "loyalty".

That's a very good point. Plus they have more lower end rooms to fill than CC, Aqua, and suites.