Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

If I was Celebrity I'd be reading these comments and shaking my head.

But I'm sure they are used to these comments and judging by the layout of the Solstice ships they know what they're doing. Love the layout, presentations, and food in Blu and won't be leaving anytime soon. Hopefully they can give the suite guests what they are looking for in a resturant.

So what I am deducing from your comments above is that Luminae will not be ready on all the ships by April (as X had indicated), only on Reflection and Silhouette, and possibly one other ship because the construction will take longer than expected?

Edited by C-Dragons

Hi Arno:

Heard the same. The MDR menu might be used until the new Galley is complete. Restarurant work will begin on Silhouette in March. Galley planned to be in operation about two weeks later. We'll see how it goes.

Going to be a fairly light lunch for suite guests, since you know the MDR is not open for lunch so does not have a menu

Going to be a fairly light lunch for suite guests, since you know the MDR is not open for lunch so does not have a menu

The MDR does have lunch menus for days at sea when they ARE open.

Edited by C-Dragons

So what I am deducing from your comments above is that Luminae will not be ready on all the ships by April (as X had indicated), only on Reflection and Silhouette, and possibly one other ship because the construction will take longer than expected?

Not from what I've heard. It willbe phased in from ship to ship and all will have the new Suite restaurant by April 15th as announced.

Not sure if you are referring to my post, but for me it is not a matter of food taste. It is a matter of not being sick ... Notably, the Celebrity literature indicates that MDR may not be an option for suites. We are expected to dine in the new restaurant or pay for a specialty restaurant. So, I was just commenting that if this there are 4 appetizer options, and 4 entrees, and all have cream, milk or cheese (as many "fancy" dishes do) I am not able to eat. And I am confident I am not alone, with many people being allergic to wheat, dairy, etc.

Believe me, it is no fun being unable to eat a lot of the food on menus! Dining out can be a challenge and if the menu is limited or French inspired, it is no fun at all! If I could change my allergy, I assure you I would. If I special order, the whole table waits or I never know for sure there is no dairy. So, on cruises in the MDR I often have to order off the "offered everyday" side of the menu with a salad, plain steak or pasta and red sauce.

I was merely suggesting that when considering the menu, Celebrity consider offering alternatives for those with allergies. Or offer someone like me the option to order from the MDR menu. To say this is whining seems a bit unfair.

I am willing to bet money that some "non-foodie" foods will be available. Most ship's average age of passengers is still pretty lofty and I would imagine this demographic wouldn't sit still if your average sirloin, chicken, baked salmon, etc. were removed from the main room's menus.

Additionally, I'd say based on the literature I've read, these were example menus, and due to the size an "level" of restaurant (expectation) they should be able to custom prepare dishes as opposed to the more food factory / banquet style meal preparation of the MDR for hundreds. If Celebrity can't do this for a restaurant for less than a couple hundred tops over a given night, I would call the entire endeavor a failure.

Well said and true! Especially since those couple hundred are paying steep fares to Celebrity.

Looking forward to trying this in August when we cruise the British Isles. The only issue we have is that my husband and I and my mom are traveling in a suite and my boys (twins 18 and oldest 22) are in a Veranda and they cannot eat with us in the suite area unless we pay $50/person. Now granted they most likely would not eat the food.

Sharon

Can you please clarify this comment? Are you saying that non-suite guests who are traveling with suite guests will be able to eat in this new suite restaurant if they pay $50 per person? Is that per visit?

If this is true I hope there are limits to it like max number of non-suite guests who can be allowed at one time or max number of times per cruise that you can eat there otherwise I could see this being totally abused.

Can you please clarify this comment? Are you saying that non-suite guests who are traveling with suite guests will be able to eat in this new suite restaurant if they pay $50 per person? Is that per visit?

If this is true I hope there are limits to it like max number of non-suite guests who can be allowed at one time or max number of times per cruise that you can eat there otherwise I could see this being totally abused.

The Suite guest may "invite" a non Suite Guest to join them for dinner. The $50 per dinner charge will be entered on the Seapass card of the Suite passenger. There will be a charge for breakfast and dinner as well, but only rumors about the cost. This will be subject to availability. Suite passenger will still be able to dine in Blu if they wish.

Would hope that CelebrityCruises would come on and clear up any questions.

The Suite guest may "invite" a non Suite Guest to join them for dinner. The $50 per dinner charge will be entered on the Seapass card of the Suite passenger. There will be a charge for breakfast and dinner as well, but only rumors about the cost. This will be subject to availability. Suite passenger will still be able to dine in Blu if they wish.

Not rumour, clearly covered in this announcement by Celebrity right St the outset, brunch and other costs shown.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

I think one of the reasons the cost is set at $50 per person per meal is to discourage guests....I for one, if invited might be inclined to try it once but $50 per person is a hefty charge and not one I think most cruisers would do very often......we've pretty much turned away from Spec.Rest. because the cost keeps rising....AND you HAVE to be invited by another suite guest so THAT alone limits how many people could be "invited"

Not rumour, clearly covered in this announcement by Celebrity right St the outset, brunch and other costs shown.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Yes, it does show a lot of information about all the proposed suite benefits and regarding the new suite dining room. However, as mentioned by Orator, the prices to be charged for non-suite guests at each meal are still subject to be released as they are not mentioned in this notification.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, it does show a lot of information about all the proposed suite benefits and regarding the new suite dining room. However, as mentioned by Orator, the prices to be charged for non-suite guests at each meal are still subject to be released as they are not mentioned in this notification.

Sorry but the fees are mentioned several times in the last two pages of the document

"There will be ample seating in the “private dining” venue to accommodate all Suite Class guests, as well as a limited number of additional guests invited by Suite Class guests to dine with them. However, these invited guests will only be admitted with prior reservation on a space-available basis and with a per-person, per-meal fee of $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35 for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm). These fees will be waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under."

The same people who did such a fantastic job of building Blu restaurants on the M-class will be renovating the dining rooms.

The change will begin on Reflection February 7th sailing and the dining area will be completed by the end of Febrauary. The new kitchen will be added later but the Luminae will be available to suite guests using the Opus menu until the project is complete.

On M-class ships the port side MDR beneath Blu will be the new home for Luminae.

The picture of the Luminae proposed dining room is on an M-class ship as indicated by round windows.

The present chairs in the Opus dining room will be the ones used by Luminae initially.

Ok, so on the M class ships BLU is upstairs in the MDR area and the new Suite restaurant just below. Will both be closed off so they are more quiet, or will both be open and noisy with the MDR, BLU and Luminae basically sharing sections of the same space but different menus?

Edited by Jade13

Sorry but the fees are mentioned several times in the last two pages of the document

"There will be ample seating in the “private dining” venue to accommodate all Suite Class guests, as well as a limited number of additional guests invited by Suite Class guests to dine with them. However, these invited guests will only be admitted with prior reservation on a space-available basis and with a per-person, per-meal fee of $20 for breakfast (served from 7am), $35 for brunch (served from 10am) and $50 for dinner (served from 6pm). These fees will be waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under."

You are correct. My bad. For some reason maybe the whole document did not load in my browser when I clicked on the link and so I did not see the last page.

So Suite passengers will end up bringing their family members with them to BLU because there will be no fee. There is no way that the cruise line will deny entrance to minors traveling with their parents but in a separate and possibly an inside cabin across the hall.

So Suite passengers will end up bringing their family members with them to BLU because there will be no fee. There is no way that the cruise line will deny entrance to minors traveling with their parents but in a separate and possibly an inside cabin across the hall.

I don't think that this is any more likely to happen. You should be aware that guest not booked into aqua class will not be able to eat in Blu. Therefore, a suite passenger that is permitted to dine and Blu cannot take family members that are not booked in Blu already.

I don't think that this is any more likely to happen. You should be aware that guest not booked into aqua class will not be able to eat in Blu. Therefore, a suite passenger that is permitted to dine and Blu cannot take family members that are not booked in Blu already.

But doesn't Celebrity allow minors traveling with their parents (but in separate staterooms) into these venues/restaurants just like they allow them into whatever check-in line when embarking. I am talking about the 14-18 (or maybe 14-20) age group who are typically in their own rooms but considered minors. I am not talking about Suite or Aqua Guests traveling with friends, parents or adult children.

We are not traveling with any children btw.

Edited by Jade13

From all that I've read here on Cruise Critic and all that I understand about Celebrity's policies with respect to Blu and the future suite dining room, the consensus is that if the family member or other guest is not traveling as part of the suite, they are not entitled to use those benefits.

There have been numerous discussions regarding adult family members staying in an Aqua Class stateroom and their children located across the hallway in an inside cabin. That has not been permitted to allow the whole family to dine in Blu. One can extrapolate that further and apply the same logic to the suite benefits.

Edited by vulcan1971

I keep reading this thread out of interest and then i thought about how we don't sail until later in 2016!

By then all policies will change and suite guests will be back in the MDR, with the option of one "special suite" entree and Michael's club will serve Celebrity wine and beer only from 4 to 5 pm.... :D. It seems like over the years loyalty perks get less and less, so I am glad to see these new suite perks...hope they stay around!!! Excited to use them even though we don't sail for almost 2 years!!