Upgrade #7202 FV to #1141 aft Aqua?

vmarq

If you were me, would you do a complementary upgrade from the Family Ocean View cabin #7202 which is the large corner one to go to Aqua aft cabin #1141 on the Infinity to be able to eat in Blu?

Just wondering what I should do. Thank you for any opinions.

Edited by vmarq

If you were me, would you do a complementary upgrade from the Family Ocean View cabin #7202 which is the large corner one to go to Aqua aft cabin #1141 on the Infinity to be able to eat in Blu?

Personally, I wouldn't give up the corner FV for anything other than a suite ;). I'd rather use the savings from not upgrading to eat at the speciality restaurants instead. However, others would disagree because they prefer Blu (which, according to other threads on CC, may be rather full anyway if your sailing is pre the new suite restaurant).

Photo of a corner FV on Infinity:

image.jpg.7d394712b17fcc895fff8d20a22c3c9f.jpg

I guess 1 has to ask how much time do you spend in ur cabin? As I mentioned in ur other post, we love BLU. We don't cruise a lot, don't spend a lot of time in our cabin and when we do, it has more than enough room for the two of us.

I don't think so. How many do you have sharing your stateroom? That's a large stateroom. Perhaps it is needed for a larger family and why you are being offered an upgrade? 1141 is a smaller stateroom with a large balcony, but not as large as the corner aft.

Edited by Iamthesea

Where are you sailing and how many days is your cruise?

Thank you for your opinions. I was eligible for a complementary upgrade because the senior fares are lower now than when I paid, and the Aqua cabins are actually less than what I paid for the FV but I think I will stick with the FV. Unfortunately, I didn't realize we wouldn't get the Beverage Pkg because of the Senior Fare but was still a good deal.

I'm a huge fan of AQ and Blu. Last year I was in 1141 on Summit and it was amazing. For our March 15th sailing from Chile to Florida I am in 7202 on Infinity and couldn't be happier. We plan on spending the Panama Canal transit day right on that balcony. I love that it's a bigger cabin and I will have private space away from the teens. I will however miss Blu. Don't trade out of that cabin. I promise to take care of it for you. I see you will be boarding the day we disembark.

I'm a huge fan of AQ and Blu. Last year I was in 1141 on Summit and it was amazing. For our March 15th sailing from Chile to Florida I am in 7202 on Infinity and couldn't be happier. We plan on spending the Panama Canal transit day right on that balcony. I love that it's a bigger cabin and I will have private space away from the teens. I will however miss Blu. Don't trade out of that cabin. I promise to take care of it for you. I see you will be boarding the day we disembark.

Thank you for your comment. Enjoy 7202 on your cruise and we will do the same.

Couple things to consider.

1141 is one of the largest balconies in AQ. They are rather isolated and only have access to one inside elevator. To get to the Constellation lounge you have to walk outside and that may be a problem due depending on the weather and wind. But you have direct access to the pool areas and the aft bar is below if you have a drink pack.

In AQ with the current promo you get all 3 perks, would this qualify?

You will get more cruise points in AQ

You will also have Blu as your dining.

Those AQ cabins are the newest on board but still made to look the same as those on deck 9

Depends on what you feel is best for your situation.

happy crusing 🚢🚢🇺🇸🌞.

The upgrade is not a free upgrade even though it's not costing you any $$$ to move to AQ. The elimination of the drink package and possibly other "sign on" perks will be gone. You have to place a value on the perks you'll be giving up.

I personally would stay in FV and eat in specialty restaurants

Edited by R&M1000

Just off the Connie in FV #7199. Balcony was lovey and cabin was very large. Enjoyed having 2 full sized loungers on the balcony. I will say when you are laying down or sitting in the chairs, you don't have much of a view facing aft as there is no glass surrounding any of the balcony. A friend of ours had a Aqua class on deck 11 and those (being added during the Drydock in 2013) are what we will sail in next time we are on an M-class ship. ImageUploadedByForums1422563912.625551.jpg.d8f860a1dc24ba06a928d61e84f7bb10.jpg Here is a nice view from sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't trade the cabin you have for anything but the penthouse. Seriously. It's that good. Enjoy!

I would only trade it for Penthouse Suite or maybe a Celebrity Suite.

Edited by sasset

Couple things to consider.

1141 is one of the largest balconies in AQ. They are rather isolated and only have access to one inside elevator. To get to the Constellation lounge you have to walk outside and that may be a problem due depending on the weather and wind. But you have direct access to the pool areas and the aft bar is below if you have a drink pack.

In AQ with the current promo you get all 3 perks, would this qualify?

You will get more cruise points in AQ

You will also have Blu as your dining.

Those AQ cabins are the newest on board but still made to look the same as those on deck 9

Depends on what you feel is best for your situation.

happy crusing .

I agree with the above info. Take the Aqua 1141 cabin.

Search for a post by ghstudio back around November. He talks about his transatlantic in rough weather in one of the Aqua Class on eleven. We were on the same cruise in 7202 and didn't have all of the issues that he had.

Search for a post by ghstudio back around November. He talks about his transatlantic in rough weather in one of the Aqua Class on eleven. We were on the same cruise in 7202 and didn't have all of the issues that he had.

I rolled around laughing at his posts at the time :D. Where are those bungee cords :p?

Personally, I wouldn't give up the corner FV for anything other than a suite ;). I'd rather use the savings from not upgrading to eat at the speciality restaurants instead. However, others would disagree because they prefer Blu (which, according to other threads on CC, may be rather full anyway if your sailing is pre the new suite restaurant).

Photo of a corner FV on Infinity:

Wow, what a very nice balcony configuration and size.