Canadian cruisers!!

It was about this time last year and the year before that I got a crazy good CAD resident rate for the Oasis the week after US thanksgiving. Fingers crossed there is a new CAD resident rate headed our way!

It's nice when those resident rates pop up unexpectedly.:).

We found one for our Christmas cruise on Oasis last year $1070 CDN pp in a Central Park View room. A decent price in CDN at any time but for the week of Christmas it was fantastic.

Exchange today is 1.35. Feels like a deal compared with 1.41. Our cruise is in 6 weeks and am thinking I should start taking out USD cash....maybe in a few different withdrawals to soften the blow.

What do you think. Is it going to inch back up to 1.41?

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise

It's nice when those resident rates pop up unexpectedly.:).

We found one for our Christmas cruise on Oasis last year $1070 CDN pp in a Central Park View room. A decent price in CDN at any time but for the week of Christmas it was fantastic.

Ours was $1680 for 2 people with $150 OBC for a CP Balcony but it was the week after thanksgiving and in 2014. 2015's deal was not as good. I don't think I will be seeing it that low :)

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

For my upcoming cruise, I received an email about a price drop about 3 weeks ago. When I called to get it, I was quoted a lower price. I confirmed CDN funds and she said yes. When I got the confirmation, I saw a Canadian resident rate. I may have mentioned it here already but it was a nice surprise.

Our dollar closed at .74 today. It is slowly going the right way.

Fingers crossed that it will keep heading that way! :) Just checked with my bank online and the rate is 1.3875 to buy so I transferred a little bit to my U.S. account.. but still hoping our loonie keeps going up.

Edited by hancogran

Here is the info I received. They said it's a Royal Caribbean sale but I don't see anything about it online and the pricing doesn't reflect it.

Royal Caribbeans CANADA RESIDENT PROMOTION!!!

35% OFF your cruise!!!

FEBRUARY 27-MARCH 5 ONLY

Book any sailing on or after April 1, 2016 and save on every ship — even on our newest. Plus, get free upgrades on select sailings.

In addition, new sailings deployed during the Offer Period that depart on or after May 1, 2017, qualify for a Free Upgrade within the stateroom meta-category.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Here is the info I received. They said it's a Royal Caribbean sale but I don't see anything about it online and the pricing doesn't reflect it.

Royal Caribbeans CANADA RESIDENT PROMOTION!!!

35% OFF your cruise!!!

FEBRUARY 27-MARCH 5 ONLY

Book any sailing on or after April 1, 2016 and save on every ship — even on our newest. Plus, get free upgrades on select sailings.

In addition, new sailings deployed during the Offer Period that depart on or after May 1, 2017, qualify for a Free Upgrade within the stateroom meta-category.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I just read someone on another site that says the sale is March 1 - 5, 2016 only.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%205.47.33%20PM_zpsphtyqfit.png

I just read someone on another site that says the sale is March 1 - 5, 2016 only.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-27%20at%205.47.33%20PM_zpsphtyqfit.png

Thanks for the information. I just booked a cruise that with a final payment date of Monday. I got 30 percent off the other day when I booked but no perks. Any hope that they would at least offer perks if I call and mention this? Haven't cruised RCL since 2011 so any help would be appreciated.:)

Thanks for the information. I just booked a cruise that with a final payment date of Monday. I got 30 percent off the other day when I booked but no perks. Any hope that they would at least offer perks if I call and mention this? Haven't cruised RCL since 2011 so any help would be appreciated.:)

You can call today - there is a leap year sale that is still 30% off but they are offering a little OBC with it.

As far as the CDN sale supposedly starting Tuesday, I am not sure what you could do besides cancel and rebook Tuesday. BUT you would have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk doing that and the sale not being better than what you have now...

You can call today - there is a leap year sale that is still 30% off but they are offering a little OBC with it.

As far as the CDN sale supposedly starting Tuesday, I am not sure what you could do besides cancel and rebook Tuesday. BUT you would have to ask yourself if it is worth the risk doing that and the sale not being better than what you have now...

I booked Thursday and no one offered me any OBC at all. I just booked an inside cabin if that matters though.

I booked Thursday and no one offered me any OBC at all. I just booked an inside cabin if that matters though.

The leap year sale just started today. If you booked through RCL, give them a call. Insides are giving a $50 OBC

The leap year sale just started today. If you booked through RCL, give them a call. Insides are giving a $50 OBC

Thanks. I just tried but since my Crown and Anchor status gave me a $43 discount I was not eligible for the $50 on board credit. The rep was very, very nice though which took the sting away. :)

Thanks. I just tried but since my Crown and Anchor status gave me a $43 discount I was not eligible for the $50 on board credit. The rep was very, very nice though which took the sting away. :)

You should be able to choose which discount you want. We were able to get a $300 OBC by giving up our balcony discount.