Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2021308

Splendour to leave RCI fleet by April 2016! Final sailing the 4th of April!

Well, that explains why she disappeared after arrival in Venice with no signs.

I guess that could lend to a theory that Legend might go next to a joint venture with CTRIP in China.

Well, that explains why she disappeared after arrival in Venice with no signs.

I guess that could lend to a theory that Legend might go next to a joint venture with CTRIP in China.

That's the same I could also imagine!

So Vision is logically the replacement for Splendour out of Venice.

I recall reading the 90,000-odd ton size limit in the lagoon was reversed. If so, is it likely that Royal would deploy a larger class of ship to Venice rather than another Vision class? Of course they always had Radiance class as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recall reading the 90,000-odd ton size limit in the lagoon was reversed. If so, is it likely that Royal would deploy a larger class of ship to Venice rather than another Vision class? Of course they always had Radiance class as an option.

According to the cruise call list for Dubrovnik in 2016, Vision otS should be the ship sailing regularly on the 7 nighters from Venice.

It looks like that Brilliance is going to operate on the 12 night Med cruises from Barcelona, but IMHO it is not for 100% sure, though - if the 90'000 ton ban for Venice was repealed than it owuld also be possible to deploy Voyager Class on that itinerary - but no one knows whether the size limit comes into operation again soon... :confused:

According to the cruise call list for Dubrovnik in 2016, Vision otS should be the ship sailing regularly on the 7 nighters from Venice.

It looks like that Brilliance is going to operate on the 12 night Med cruises from Barcelona, but IMHO it is not for 100% sure, though - if the 90'000 ton ban for Venice was repealed than it owuld also be possible to deploy Voyager Class on that itinerary - but no one knows whether the size limit comes into operation again soon... :confused:

That makes sense, thanks.

Great sleuthing work on the deployments by the way. [emoji4]

That's the same I could also imagine!

Now for Miami though, as Vision is also still registered as the Majesty replacement as well at Key West.

But with that Riviera port, Funchal and Malaga bookings for Vision she must be re-deployed to Europe as we determined a few weeks ago.

Now for Miami though, as Vision is also still registered as the Majesty replacement as well at Key West.

But with that Riviera port, Funchal and Malaga bookings for Vision she must be re-deployed to Europe as we determined a few weeks ago.

In fact Vision seems to come to europe.

Maybe the Miami sailings will be dropped?

Are any ships sailing out of Terminal 10 in PC now that the new terminal (1) is open?

I would think that RCL will be sending another ship there to use the new terminal. (Oasis class I hope:))

Then perhaps the EN and/or FR would move back to the old terminal? (I say that as I don't know if the new terminal would have enough parking for 3 ships. )

In fact Vision seems to come to europe.

Maybe the Miami sailings will be dropped?

I can't see the short Miami sailing being dropped for the reason that they are cash cows, and besides that lot of people take those cruises as their first one and most of the time will return to the same cruise line for a 2nd or third cruise.

Are any ships sailing out of Terminal 10 in PC now that the new terminal (1) is open?

I would think that RCL will be sending another ship there to use the new terminal. (Oasis class I hope:))

Then perhaps the EN and/or FR would move back to the old terminal? (I say that as I don't know if the new terminal would have enough parking for 3 ships. )

Freedom seems to leave PC fully in order to be based from San Juan.

Enchantment might switch to Miami or keeps on doing short runs from PC.

I personally see the short runs to be dropped, either from PC or Miami.

Maybe a lot of the Europe deployment is being swapped due to the selling of Splendour... The only itineraries that seem to be set in stone are the 7 night sailings form Venice on Vision, what appear to be 10/11 night sailings from Venice on Rhapsody, and the 7N Barcelona sailings on Allure.

Still unsure what ship will do the 12 night Barcelona runs because it appears Brilliance will be in Harwich (if the Le Havre schedule is correct). Would a Voyager Class ship be too big for those runs? Adventure maybe? And then Indy and Nav from Southampton?

I don't think they'll drop the short runs, it would not be a good move because of their competition in Miami. The big question for me is, what ship will replace her?!

I would like to see a 3rd ship in PC on a 9/5 night schedule doing itineraries like Explorer is doing now.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It would be a poor business decision to abandon the short 3/4 day cruise market.

Why would they want to give their competition (Carnival, NCL) any extra cruisers for their short runs? People new to cruising or those that just can't get away for a long period of time, would be FORCED to cruise elsewhere.....new cruisers tend to repeat on their first cruise line, so Royal would be losing money TWICE. Senseless in my opinion. As a stockholder, the thought is crazy to me -- for Royal it is a matter of figuring out which ship replaces Her Majesty and gives them the 'biggest splash' in that marketplace.

I'm trying to figure out the possible ships the will replace MJ...

Vision Class: Enchantment or Grandeur are the only options. Grandeur to leave Baltimore? Enchantment to Miami? What will replace her in PC?

Radiance Class: I would venture to say that a Radiance class will not be the replacement.

Voyager Class: Adventure or Navigator are the only options, but both are showing up on port schedules in Europe. I would say Nav is definitely in Europe, while Adventure is not definite. Possibly MJ's replacement?

Maybe a lot of the Europe deployment is being swapped due to the selling of Splendour... The only itineraries that seem to be set in stone are the 7 night sailings form Venice on Vision, what appear to be 10/11 night sailings from Venice on Rhapsody, and the 7N Barcelona sailings on Allure.

Still unsure what ship will do the 12 night Barcelona runs because it appears Brilliance will be in Harwich (if the Le Havre schedule is correct). Would a Voyager Class ship be too big for those runs? Adventure maybe? And then Indy and Nav from Southampton?

Hmm, seems Harmony will be on the Med sailings from Barcelona, not Allure... [emoji5]

I think it should also be more or less sure that Serenade is going to operate from Copenhagen (and Stockholm). [emoji5]

For me Harwich and Barcelona are still big questions also - I was also thinking that Adventure MIGHT sail from Harwich - I think she could visit the ports in Baltic, several other similarly sized ships from other lines (e. G. Celebrity Eclipse/Silhouette; Regal Princess; P&O Britannia) also visit the Balic ports, and even Stockholm she should be able to access - Navigator has called there in 2007 several times...

Barcelona offered by Voyager Class is rather unlikely, IMHO - althozgh the 96'000 GT limit for Venice has been dropped, we do not know wether it comes into affect again in 2016...

Grandeur and Enchantment might be possible candidates to replace Majesty - but than RCI would abandon Baltimore, if Grandeur was the replacement for Majesty...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hmm, seems Harmony will be on the Med sailings from Barcelona, not Allure... [emoji5]

I think it should also be more or less sure that Serenade is going to operate from Copenhagen (and Stockholm). [emoji5]

For me Harwich and Barcelona are still big questions also - I was also thinking that Adventure MIGHT sail from Harwich - I think she could visit the ports in Baltic, several other ships from other lines also visit the Balic ports, and even Stockholm she should be able to access - Navigator has called there in 2007 several times...

Barcelona offered by Voyager Class is rather unlikely, IMHO - althozgh the 96'000 GT limit for Venice has been dropped, we do not know wether it comes into affect again in 2016...

Grandeur and Enchantment might be possible candidates to replace Majesty - but than RCI would abandon Baltimore, if Grandeur was the replacement for Majesty...

Yeah, I meant to say Harmony. Just got a little confused ;)

And yes, forgot about Serenade. So as you said, the remaining questions are the:

12N runs from Barcelona

What two ships are in Southampton?

What ship sails from Harwich? I think Brilliance.

Or is Adventure maybe just a placeholder? For Indy or Nav?

Carnival has taken over T10 on Sunday

T1 is open on Saturday, that could be utilized for a new 7 night itinerary. The garage could start maxing out if they add another ship though. No surface parking like T10 has, plus no parking on level 1

12N runs from Barcelona

What two ships are in Southampton?

What ship sails from Harwich? I think Brilliance.

Or is Adventure maybe just a placeholder? For Indy or Nav?

Adventure should be a placeholder for Indy/Navi, since those ships have been added to the cruise lists later than Adventure...

Southampton: Navi and Indy, IMHO.

I also see Brilliance sailing from Harwich, but it is really difficult to say, to be honest... :D

Could it be that the 12 night runs from Barcelona will be dropped down?? :(

Princess will also drop down its 12 night Mediterranean run between Barcelona and Venice in 2016, although this itinerary has been selling well in recent years... :eek:

Edited by celebrity_fan

It would be a poor business decision to abandon the short 3/4 day cruise market.

Why would they want to give their competition (Carnival, NCL) any extra cruisers for their short runs? People new to cruising or those that just can't get away for a long period of time, would be FORCED to cruise elsewhere.....new cruisers tend to repeat on their first cruise line, so Royal would be losing money TWICE. Senseless in my opinion. As a stockholder, the thought is crazy to me -- for Royal it is a matter of figuring out which ship replaces Her Majesty and gives them the 'biggest splash' in that marketplace.

If the market for short cruises is indeed the first timer, why do it out of Miami anyway. Its been a while since I flew to Miami, but the airport was not as convenient as FLL. Short cruises are a waste of airfare anyway for many people. Is there any unused capacity in Jacksonville? You could pick up a lot of the southeastern population with an easy drive vs all the way to south FL.

Why does it look like the FR is going to San Juan? I must have missed that

The St. Maarten Port schedule has Freedom calling there on a Sunday, which seems like she will be departing SJ on Saturdays. A Sunday call is impossible from a FL port unless they leave on a Thurs, but I don't see that happening.

Plus, the port schedule has her in port all day. Royal hasn't had a ship calling in SJ for a full day in a long time.

The St. Maarten Port schedule has Freedom calling there on a Sunday, which seems like she will be departing SJ on Saturdays. A Sunday call is impossible from a FL port unless they leave on a Thurs, but I don't see that happening.

Plus, the port schedule has her in port all day. Royal hasn't had a ship calling in SJ for a full day in a long time.

Thanks!!