Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

It appears on port schedules that Rhapsody has now been re-deployed to take the place of Jewel of the Seas. Rhapsody appears to take the longer Venice sailings originally planned for Jewel.

Jewel has been removed today from Dubrovnik port schedules.

Rhapsody's call at Palma prior to a TA has been cancelled and Jewel is still scheduled at Palma and Gibraltar for calls when entering the MED in May.

This is just developing and it is unclear whether Jewel goes to Rome or not.

There is a risk that the itineraries at Cruisecal for ships not yet deployed are inaccurate as that site has not updated RCI cruises for several weeks now.

May I ask where you are seeing this? I am waiting for a Greek Isle cruise out of Rome and was expecting Rhapsody.

RCI had released deployment for both Jewel and Adventure from San Juan, but I notice they did not open all the Adventure sailing for sale.

Adventure winter deployment

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043622_Adventure_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Jewel winter deployment

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043570_Jewel_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

There are so many possibilities. They might be waiting on just one port to confirm bookings. They do not want to go out with itineraries if all the contracts for each call are not confirmed.

Major Bummer Here! They have changed our plans!!!!!! Ugh!!!!

Cruisecal had listed a 9 night on JW in Oct 2016 that was fabulous (Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire...along with others) and we were waiting to book it. I know...it wasn't official....so we got our hopes up for nothing. Not sure how/where cruisecal gets its info but it is reliable most of the time. No 9 night shown and now JW doesn't get back to SJU until November (where cruisecal had it arriving back in Oct).

Bigger bummer....we had booked AD 11/26 the day it opened for booking last week. It had one of our favorite itineraries (St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, Curacao). (My booking confirmation lists this itinerary.) Well this new release flyer now shows Bonaire instead of Curacao. While we want to visit Bonaire (we were looking forward to that on the "hopeful" 9 night itinerary that is no longer). Mr Ski will be major bummed because Curacao has his favorite golf course. Ugh!!!!!!

Love the 10 night itinerary for 3/29/17 but we cannot sail during that timeframe!

Edited by skiiergirl

Major Bummer Here! They have changed our plans!!!!!! Ugh!!!!

Cruisecal had listed a 9 night on JW in Oct 2016 that was fabulous (Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire...along with others) and we were waiting to book it. I know...it wasn't official....so we got our hopes up for nothing. Not sure how/where cruisecal gets its info but it is reliable most of the time. No 9 night shown and now JW doesn't get back to SJU until November (where cruisecal had it arriving back in Oct).

Bigger bummer....we had booked AD 11/26 the day it opened for booking last week. It had one of our favorite itineraries (St Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, Curacao). (My booking confirmation lists this itinerary.) Well this new release flyer now shows Bonaire instead of Curacao. While we want to visit Bonaire (we were looking forward to that on the "hopeful" 9 night itinerary that is no longer). Mr Ski will be major bummed because Curacao has his favorite golf course. Ugh!!!!!!

Love the 10 night itinerary for 3/29/17 but we cannot sail during that timeframe!

When they revamped the web page our B2Bs on Allure 2016-- all showed Nassau for Jan/Feb. BUT---We booked them as Labadee.

So, they could be wrong on the web page? and you do have those ports you want..........

Maybe double check on the ports listed..... as they have messed up our Labadee with Nassau on Allure 2016 and now there is a box at the top saying some ports are not what you may see on the web page and to check??:confused:

The first page for ALL Allure are showing Nassau BUT then it has Labadee for WESTERN Caribbean when you select Western?

They have not corrected it for weeks but have just now put up this warning box. Obviously aware it is a mess up but can't fix it yet??:rolleyes:

This is what is in the box now--

Based on the date you selected, the itinerary displayed below may be different from the Search Results page. Please be sure to review the itinerary in detail.

RCI had released deployment for both Jewel and Adventure from San Juan, but I notice they did not open all the Adventure sailing for sale.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043622_Adventure_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

Jewel winter deployment

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15043570_Jewel_Winter_Caribbean_Deployment_Flyer.pdf

When they revamped the web page our B2Bs on Allure 2016-- all showed Nassau for Jan/Feb. BUT---We booked them as Labadee.

So, they could be wrong on the web page? and you do have those ports you want..........

Maybe double check on the ports listed..... as they have messed up our Labadee with Nassau on Allure 2016 and now there is a box at the top saying some ports are not what you may see on the web page and to check??:confused:

The first page for ALL Allure are showing Nassau BUT then it has Labadee for WESTERN Caribbean when you select Western?

They have not corrected it for weeks but have just now put up this warning box. Obviously aware it is a mess up but can't fix it yet??:rolleyes:

Based on the date you selected, the itinerary displayed below may be different from the Search Results page. Please be sure to review the itinerary in detail.

My confirmation and the website still agree on the ports (Aruba, Curacao, St Kitts, St T). So maybe the flyer that Madflyer posted above is incorrect. Maybe someone at RC didn't proofread it? :)

Jewel winter deployment

Really strange as to why they did not release all of the Adventures itineraries.s

May I ask where you are seeing this? I am waiting for a Greek Isle cruise out of Rome and was expecting Rhapsody.

So far Dubrovnik port schedule changed from Jewel to Rhapsody and Palma de Mallorca from Rhapsody to Jewel.

Rome does not update their schedule often and hard to know for sure, but it does now look like Rhapsody joins Vision in Venice and Jewel moves to Civitavecchia.

The Greek and Turkish destinations do not show port schedules yet for 2016 so the actual itineraries will have to come from RCI.

Really strange as to why they did not release all of the Adventures itineraries.s

If they are the exact same weekly itinerary, it would be strange.

If there is a port variation every other week, it is not really strange. They have to get confirmation from the agents that there are busses for shore excursions and all logistics must be in place for all calls before releasing itineraries.

The 4/29/17 Adventure cruise to St. Maarten, Bonaire, Aruba & Curacao shows the same message when you select the itinerary on the website. Yet, both the flyer & website match. My confirmation for this cruise matches what's on both places.

When RCI release their deployment flyers they usually only include sailings that are deployed and open for sale.

I guess I would trust the website over the flyers, but it is something to verify.

They can always update those flyers with additional or altered sailings and actually do so often.

So far Dubrovnik port schedule changed from Jewel to Rhapsody and Palma de Mallorca from Rhapsody to Jewel.

Rome does not update their schedule often and hard to know for sure, but it does now look like Rhapsody joins Vision in Venice and Jewel moves to Civitavecchia.

The Greek and Turkish destinations do not show port schedules yet for 2016 so the actual itineraries will have to come from RCI.

Do we have any idea when the new release date is for the Jewel and Rhapsody?

We booked Celebrity because the Rhapsody itineraries weren't what we were looking for but.....who knows what changes may come with the Jewel ;)

Is anyone aware of a cruise in fall of 2016 from California through Hawaii, tahiti, etc, and back to California? was one in 2014, but can't find for 2016. Help

Have not seen anything like that from Royal.

Is anyone aware of a cruise in fall of 2016 from California through Hawaii, tahiti, etc, and back to California? was one in 2014, but can't find for 2016. Help

Have not seen anything like that from Royal.

Agree with Bob, I have never seen anything like that from Royal. I would have booked it right away!

Princess offers that itinerary. Ship is Crown Princess and it's a 28 day RT from Los Angeles to Hawaii/Tahiti then back to LA. They have one Oct 17 '15.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Princess offers that itinerary. Ship is Crown Princess and it's a 28 day RT from Los Angeles to Hawaii/Tahiti then back to LA. They have one Oct 17 '15.

Thanks. May have to give Princess a run. Love this itinerary!

I just did a quick search for that... That is an awesome itinerary! French Polynesia is on my bucket list! :D

Definitely on my bucket list!

We are doing a 9-day Navigator cruise in 2017 that stops in Aruba. I believe some Serenade sailings might also have Aruba as a port of call.

Unless a Radiance or Vision Class ship is redeployed from the Caribbean to do Alaska, it is doubtful there will be any PC cruises for 2016.

My TA who arranges groups of quilters together is negotiating for October 2016 through the Panama Canal. It hasn't been finalized yet but she felt very sure it would be as she actually booked the quilting teachers for it.

So itinerary wise; for 2016 we have:

Ovation: Asia

Anthem: Bayonne

Quantum: Shanghai

Harmony: Barcelona (Summer), FLL (Winter)

Allure: FLL

Oasis: Port Canaveral

Independence: Southampton (Summer) :D, FLL- 4/5 nts (Winter)

Liberty: Galveston

Freedom: FLL

Mariner: Shanghai/Singapore

Navigator: Southampton/ FLL

Adventure: San Juan

Explorer: Seattle- why??? (Summer), Sydney (Winter, Oz summer)

Voyager: Tianjin (summer), Sydney (Winter, Oz Summer)

Jewel: Civitavecchia (Summer), San Juan (winter)

Serenade: Baltic (Summer), 10/11nt FLL (Winter)

Brilliance: 12nt Barcelona (Summer), 4/5nt Tampa (Winter)

Radiance: Vancouver (Summer), Sydney (Winter)

Vision: 7nt Venice (summer), 7nt Tampa (Winter)

Enchantment: Miami 3/4nt

Rhapsody: 10/11nt Venice (Summer), PC 3/4nt (Winter)

Grandeur: Baltimore

Splendour: Sold to Thomson Cruises

Legend: Singapore (Summer), Brisbane (Oz Summer)

Majesty: Sold to Pullmantur Cruises

Some positives, some negatives:

Positives

Indy back in Southampton. She was always "our ship" and we will love to see her again.

Nice to see Navigator again, Another "Ex- Southampton" ship.

Ovation in Asia; Quantum Class just doesn't "wow" us Europeans and maybe they could custom build Ovation for the Chinese.

Harmony debuting in Barcelona is great; hope she returns each summer and doesn't get forked to Chinese quickly like Quantum did.

Serenade doing 10/11 nighters from FLL is great too; Nice Itineraries and perfect length of cruise.

Plenty of ships in the Oz for their Summer season.

Negatives

Harwich has been abandoned but 2 ships in Venice?

Brazil has been abandoned but at Winter FLL has Harmony, Allure, Indy, Freedom, Navigator and Serenade.

Explorer in Alaska is ridiculous, She is not designed for such climates and yet Jewel, who is designed for Alaska and Scandinavia is in the Med where EX should be. Really poor planning on RCI's part.

At Winter all 3 Oasis class ships are in FL. While I appreciate that this is where they will make the most profit at Winter. Singapore and Hong Kong have spent millions for ports that can accommodate an Oasis class ship- Or two! But RCCL have dumped them with 2 Quantum class ships. Keep Ovation there and swap Harmony and Quantum at winter.

Positives

Indy back in Southampton. She was always "our ship" and we will love to see her again.

Ovation in Asia; Quantum Class just doesn't "wow" us Europeans and maybe they could custom build Ovation for the Chinese.

Harmony debuting in Barcelona is great; hope she returns each summer and doesn't get forked to Chinese quickly like Quantum did.

Serenade doing 10/11 nighters from FLL is great too; Nice Itineraries and perfect length of cruise.

Negatives

Brazil has been abandoned but at Winter FLL has Harmony, Allure, Indy, Freedom, Navigator and Serenade.

Explorer in Alaska is ridiculous, She is not designed for such climates and yet Jewel, who is designed for Alaska and Scandinavia is in the Med where EX should be. Really poor planning on RCI's part.

At Winter all 3 Oasis class ships are in FL. While I appreciate that this is where they will make the most profit at Winter. Singapore and Hong Kong have spent millions for ports that can accommodate an Oasis class ship- Or two! But RCCL have dumped them with 2 Quantum class ships. Keep Ovation there and swap Harmony and Quantum at winter.

Joe, thank you for taking the time to post the summary for 2016. Have you started one 2017? Still many unknowns.

My TA who arranges groups of quilters together is negotiating for October 2016 through the Panama Canal. It hasn't been finalized yet but she felt very sure it would be as she actually booked the quilting teachers for it.

I hope you're right !

Positives

Negatives

No! Do not send Harmony! Send OA or AL but leave Harmony here for more people to give it a try! Give us a chance to see the differences!

I hope you're right -- I wonder what ship your TA is negotiating for?

Thanks. May have to give Princess a run. Love this itinerary!

Definitely on my bucket list!

Hi Ski, Princess also does that one out of San Francisco too:eek: I have friends that have done it and they loved it, I plan on doing it in 2017, it is a 28 day cruise:cool:

Carol:)